It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miss Universe Selfie-Gate

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: Another_Nut
these all show bias. u refuse to believe the young lady from lebanon

I don't believe her for the reasons I've already posted. That's not 'bias'. That's coming to a logical conclusion based on the evidence in front of me. Her story rings hollow when compared to the picture. They don't match up.

No, the pic does not backup the excuse.

Pretty sure she was forced to say what she did.

What a disgusting position to put this young woman in. Her country should be ashamed of itself. Not her.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   
From my point of view, it looks like a group selfie, and nothing more.

Bear in mind that these girls are young, and most likely gave little to no thought to the potential consequences of their actions (as is almost always the case with most young people), especially considering their surroundings at the time.

As far as Miss Lebanon's protestations of innocence on her part in the picture: please try to remember that she doesn't hail from a culture in which her punishment, at most, would be some social chastising, and rude comments on her Twitter account; she comes from a place where she could literally be killed for something as trivial as this picture, so it only makes sense that she'd immediately deny all possible guilt in the situation, and concoct a story in which Miss Israel had been stalking her for a selfie.

Anyone looking for anything more nefarious in some bubble-headed models in a group selfie, really needs to step away from the conspiracy theory Kool-Aid for a spell.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

That's coming to a logical conclusion based on the evidence in front of me

so would this

He is frozen in mid-air inprefect geometric balance with the architectural lines. His arms are close to his body, one leg isslightly bent as if trying to push himself further down. His posture can be read either as almost accepting or compliant (if not even willful), or by contrast,rebellious: if he is to die, it will be the way he chooses.

and you would be wrong
edit on pm120153105America/ChicagoMon, 19 Jan 2015 17:18:20 -0600_1u by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
No, the pic does not backup the excuse. What a disgusting position to put this young woman in. Her country should be ashamed of itself. Not her.

Exactly. The 'she stole a picture and photobombed' excuse doesn't match with the picture.

It's obvious that those four girls were having a great time and did what every other young lady on the planet would have done ... taken a selfie of themselves all smiling and posing and happy ... and then put it up on social media. The old farts running Lebanon screwed it up. This is why peace will be very difficult in that part of the planet.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   

and you would be wrong

Hang it up. I"m not wrong.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

if u believe this next quote

He is frozen in mid-air inprefect geometric balance with the architectural lines. His arms are close to his body, one leg isslightly bent as if trying to push himself further down. His posture can be read either as almost accepting or compliant (if not even willful), or by contrast,rebellious: if he is to die, it will be the way he chooses.

then yes you would be wrong

it was an example

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ProfessorChaos
Anyone looking for anything more nefarious in some bubble-headed models in a group selfie, really needs to step away from the conspiracy theory Kool-Aid for a spell.

Seriously true. The excuses put out by the Lebanese gov't and the accusations from their camp are absurd. Why they can't just let these girls have a good time and enjoy each others company in peace? Puzzling.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

these all show bias. u refuse to believe the young lady from lebanon

I don't believe her for the reasons I've already posted. That's not 'bias'. That's coming to a logical conclusion based on the evidence in front of me. Her story rings hollow when compared to the picture. They don't match up.

Correct. And simply from a human nature standpoint, I think it is much more likely that this was simply a young woman having some fun with like-minded young women, just like young women do when thrown together in a group.

I find it quite hard to believe that she would think through the politics of the issue enough to even think about caring that the other young woman in the picture is from a country whose governments have issues. Most like-minded young women put together in a group don't really consider their countries' political agendas -- they just want to make friends and have fun doing so.

To put it succinctly: I don't think Miss Lebanon has a real geo-political agenda.

Granted, she may have a catty teenage girl agenda, but that's a different thing altogether.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ProfessorChaos

Seriously true. The excuses put out by the Lebanese gov't and the accusations from their camp are absurd. Why they can't just let these girls have a good time and enjoy each others company in peace? Puzzling.

In my opinion, they can't allow these girls to just have a good time in each other's company, because hate is good for business when it comes to politics and religion (specifically xenophobic religions).

"If these girls can get along, why can't the rest of us?"

That is the question that Governments simply cannot allow their populations to begin contemplating; if they start thinking like that, the xenophobes, and extremists will find themselves out of power, and they'll do their damnedest to keep that from happening.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister
So women from these countries can't even sit together and hang out? These cultures really have to at least get to the 19th century, I don't think that's too much for the world to ask.

Bomb them all back to the Stone Age, which for some of them isn't that far off.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
3 of that young ladies are hot but Miss Slovenia looks like one of those to me

rt.com...

would hate to see the ones that lost

edit on 19/1/2015 by douglas5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: douglas5

no you didn't just say that. wait one, someone will be right over to scold you on your phobia. or would it be political correctness.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

I Will give myself 5 hail mary's
still would'nt touch Miss Slovenia with a barge pole just in case [s]he is a Gaga

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   

It does actually match the picture if she misused the term photobomb (mistranslated). A photobomb is jumping in someones photo. I think what she is trying to say is Miss Israel popped up by them and snapped a selfie including Miss Lebanon.

Like I said before, given the history, and the fact that Miss Israel both took and uploaded the picture knowing the possible detriment to Miss Lebanon (who probably did try to avoid pictures with Miss Israel as she stated) we can't dismiss Miss Lebanon's story out of hand.

If someone else took the photo, or if it turned out there were several from this tour with the two together then I would agree she is lying (only because she is put in a position where she has to). As it stands now, it very well have been a cruel trick by Miss Israel.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: douglas5
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

I Will give myself 5 hail mary's
still would'nt touch Miss Slovenia with a barge pole just in case [s]he is a Gaga

Dude, trust me when I say.. that is just a bad candid shot of miss Slovenia. She is super fine.

I have fairly high standards, but if you wouldn't touch Miss Slovenia with a ten foot pole you are on a next level and I have dated girls I personally find more attractive than her, but a ten foot pole you say?
edit on 19-1-2015 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Let the indoctrination and fear be spread. Sad situation could have been turned into something of one of peace, unity, friendship.

Miss Universe Selfie-gate. How dare young women from neighboring countries actually sit together and get along! The shame and scandal!

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
I would have to say Miss Lebanon does look to have a forced smile compared to the other 3.

On a side note: Miss Israel clearly wins the beauty contest!

I would sleep with all of them... Why the discrimination..

I agree that all are hot but I think my Korean friend may be correct in saying that my time in Asia has given me a rather severe case of Yellow fever, the 3 whiteys I put between 7.5 and 9 out of 10 while Miss Japan gets about an 18.
She is absolutely smoking!!!!!!
To bad Im at best a 6 and I doubt she would look at me once let alone twice

They are all beautiful and you can't put a number on it. If all the other personal characteristics were a go and one of them was interested in a relationship I'm sure you would be very happy.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow

I have thrown beter looking out of bed the middle 2 dont float my boat at all

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Male egos are really showing their stupid side in this thread. lol

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I declare a fatwa on Miss Lebanon!

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>