It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clueless who to vote for in the the UK GE?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

It does, which speaks volumes of the state of affairs of UK politics and lack of real choice. I would vote for them just to keep the other crazies out.

At least they aren't planning on throwing the nation into radical drug addled, label free chaos and throwing open the coffers to Sturgeon / Salmond and the world's immigrants and terrorists (in theory).

To be honest, at the moment the current Con/Lib coalition looks like the best option.

edit on 4-2-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth
a reply to: paraphi

It does, which speaks volumes of the state of affairs of UK politics and lack of real choice. I would vote for them just to keep the other crazies out.

At least they aren't planning on throwing the nation into radical drug addled, label free chaos and throwing open the coffers to Sturgeon / Salmond and the world's immigrants and terrorists.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

Exactly.

One shouldn't suspect all parties of being against the general good, but such it is.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

Some of the ideas you mentioned for the Green Party sound good to me.. A zero growth ecomonmy might be a good thing. We need to see some real change in the world.

Why do you think the green party and pro terrorists..?

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

I already posted the link and quotes from their manifesto saying they don't agree to even the use of the word terrorism and they would pay any person on UK soil a weekly pay regardless of passport, also they are pro open door immigration which is tantamount to an invitation in reality.

Needless to say Bennett backtracked on that statement afterwards.

I do not want legal terrorist /paedophile groups in my neighbourhood, or anywhere. I prefer that such groups are illegal.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Green Party leader Natalie Bennett has said it should not be illegal to join terrorist organisations.

Ms Bennett said people should not be punished "for what they think or what they believe".

In an interview with the BBC's Sunday Politics, she also defended the Greens' plans for a "basic citizen's income" of £72 a week, costing up to £280bn.

She said half of this "gross" cost would be covered by savings made by scrapping the current benefits system.

The government currently maintains a list of "proscribed organisations" which are banned by law. It is illegal to belong, or profess to belong, to an organisation on the list.

According to Green Party policy: "It should not be a crime simply to belong to an organisation or have sympathy with its aims, though it should be a crime to aid and abet criminal acts or deliberately fund such acts."

'Principle'
Asked whether this meant people would be allowed to be a member of al-Qaeda or Islamic State, Ms Bennett said: "Exactly. What we want to do is make sure we are not punishing people for what they think or what they believe.

edit on 4-2-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite

Vote for Eddy - give him a chance!!!

If you don't vote for Labour then you are both selfish and condoling the greed treadmill!!!!!

Vote for Milliband? HELL NO!

I'm voting SNP all the way!

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Oh please Vote UKIP...Please Please Please..

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

a reply to: Scouse100

They do not even like the word ''terrorism'' and would be gladly funding those of other nations here for it's purpose sans question.

T elegraph

Merely being a member of al-Qaeda, the IRA and other currently proscribed terrorist groups will no longer be a criminal offence under Green plans, and instead a Green Government should seek to “address desperate motivations that lie behind many atrocities labelled ‘terrorist’,” the policy book states.

Terrorism, it adds, “is an extremely loaded term. Sometimes governments justify their own terrorist acts by labelling any groups that resist their monopoly of violence 'terrorist’.”

Britain will leave NATO, end the special relationship with the US, and unilaterally abandon nuclear weapons. A standing army, navy and airforce is “unnecessary”. Bases will be turned into nature reserves and the arms industry “converted” to producing windturbines.

OPEN DOORS

“Richer regions do not have the right to use migration controls to protect their privileges from others in the long term,” the party’s policy book states.

A Green Government will “progressively reduce” border controls, including an amnesty for illegal immigrants after five years.

Access to benefits, the right to vote and tax obligations will apply to everyone living on British soil, regardless of passport. The policy book states: “We will work to create a world of global inter-responsibility in which the concept of a 'British national' is irrelevant and outdated.”

I have read the relevant part of the manifesto, I am not interested in bits the Torygraph have picked and twisted into inflammatory spin. The Greens are clearly not pro terrorism.

As for the "backtracking" I believe it was merely a matter being forced to clarify their position post the media lynch mob jumping on something from which they could manufacture a nice bit of outrage.

But speaking on Monday at a "Ask the Leaders" event also addressed by David Cameron, Ed Miliband and Nick Clegg, she appeared to distance herself from the idea. "Obviously IS and al-Qaida are hideous terrorist organisations that advocate and support violence," she said. "If you are involved in them, support them in any way, then you are participating in inciting violence. "That's a crime, rightly, and should be pursued to the full extent of the law."

www.bbc.co.uk...

edit on 4-2-2015 by Scouse100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Exactly.

One shouldn't suspect all parties of being against the general good, but such it is.

Just to be clear I wasn't agreeing with you....I was raising an eyebrow at how stupid and ignorant and fearful your post was and just how many more there are like you out there that will vote the Tory scum back in.

Well done.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

I can not think of a scenario where I would ever vote for the Tory's - I would rather hang my head in shame and not vote at all.

I despise the current party political system and everything it represents.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I'm with you, they seriously disgust me!

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

a reply to: valiant

Absolutely lads, absolutely.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

You don't say!

However ''stupid'' ''ignorant'' and ''fearful'' I am not so kindly refrain from name calling. If you can muster the manners.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Pack mentality is lower order thinking.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Practically all the parties are the same, Labour are as bad as Conservative, if not worse.

Only idiots cannot see that and would route for any UK political party and only the small minded would comment on how awful one party was without recognising the exact same traits in them all.

The political ''voting'' system isn't a real choice, wake up to reality!

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Or the left wing BBC?

It is directly from their manifesto not newspaper spin.

No wonder the UK is a mess, too many fools buying into idiocy.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

I have said before on here, I'm not exactly a Labour supporter, But they are nowhere near as bad as the Tories, unless you eat up the propaganda they spout. I am only voting for them because they aren't as bad as the Tories, who I do not want to live under for another 5 years!

You tell Blup not to name call then passive aggressively call me an idiot and small minded? That's nice of you!

On your last line I agree, it's not fit for purpose! but it's all we have, so i'd rather use my vote for what I see as the lesser of the two evils to govern our country.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Or the left wing BBC?

It is directly from their manifesto not newspaper spin.

No wonder the UK is a mess, too many fools buying into idiocy.

Wow, left wing BBC
you clearly do not watch the same BBC I do.

... maybe look in the mirror and realize you may be one of those fools buying into the idiocy? not the other way around.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

The Centre for Policy studies research says otherwise, and I didn't call you anything, I merely pointed out the hypocrisy of buying into any of the UK political parties.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

The corporation has long been accused of left-wing bias, but now researchers claim to have found statistical evidence that challenges the broadcaster’s claim to fairness.

The BBC are more likely to cover left-wing think tank reports and to hail them as “independent” while giving right-wing research a “health warning” by pointing out its ideological position, the Centre for Policy Studies have found.

Oliver Latham, who compiled the Bias at the Beeb report, said: “Our results suggest the BBC exhibits a left-of-centre bias in both the amount of coverage it gives to different opinions and the way in which these voices are represented.”

edit on 5-2-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Quoted from the Telegraph reporting a right wing think tanks conclusions ... from two years ago.

Honestly I couldn't care less what the Centre for Policy studies says, I can see and hear with my own eyes and ears just how much the BBC are right leaning, it's bloody in your face obvious, especially with certain BBC presenters and correspondents.
edit on vpmThursday24pm228 by valiant because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join