It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clueless who to vote for in the the UK GE?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Out of the two photo's above i feel most sorry for (3) Ralph Perry Robinson, a former child actor, designer, furniture-maker (first photo)

I mean everyone else in the photos went onto rule banks/countries/people .. he ruled chairs and sofas

also Remember 2 people on the left of 6,7 of 2nd photo were removed from the photo .. Why? gotta be some deep stuff their.

Q

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
It's going to be tough.

UKIP - Massive bunch of lunatics who think gays control the weather and blame everything on immigrants and the EU while milking the system and failing to turn up to most debates/votes because they haven't a single coherent strategy but luckily no chance of getting in.

Conservatives - Silver spoon up the arse psychoaths intent on eradicating the poor to protect their banker mates. Heads of one of the most corrupt and criminal leaderships for centuries. They only care about London and surrounding boroughs, leaving the rest of the country to rot.

Labour - Conservatives in red ties, a rare few are true Labour which is what I agree with but Milliband et al have shown themselves to be completely incompetent as they're struggling to compete against one of the worst governments in recent history.

Lib Dems - Gimp dems who abandoned all principles to cosy up to the tories and gain power, no backbone, no policies, deserve to be annihilated.

Greens - Who I'd vote for - some lala land policies but the majority are great, reduce surveillance state, anti-war, pro local economy, want referendum on Europe and are dedicated to helping the most poor and needy instead of being bribed by old school mates.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Britguy
In other words, those actively seeking, and being granted power over others, are the very people who should never be handed such control.

Couldn't agree more - these people are taught they're born to rule from a very young age, are generally willing to stop at nothing to get what they want and dominate all aspects of law, politics, business and banking.

Not only are they completely removed from the 93% of normal citizens, the orginasations they sign up to such as the Bullingdon club in their formative years have the sole purpose of setting up criminal conspiracy and humiliating the poor for their own entertainment.

I have nothing against people being private schooled, but the way they dominate are not characteristics you want from elected representatives.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
If I thought it would make a difference I'd vote Green, but realistically I will probably vote Labour, the lesser of two evils and all that!

It's a sad state of affairs in all honesty, absolutely depressing living in this country right now.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: valiant
I but realistically I will probably vote Labour, the lesser of two evils and all that!

1) Broken Economy!
2) Iraq war!
3) Selling out to the EU!
4) Tony fecking Blair!

come on!

Remember!

Really voting with that logic is why nothing will change in the UK!

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Well I'm hardly spoilt for choice am I? and five years of the Tories is more than enough for a lifetime in my opinion, never again! so like I said, lesser of two evils, so it's Labour for me.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Well I'm hardly spoilt for choice am I? and five years of the Tories is more than enough for a lifetime in my opinion, never again! so like I said, lesser of two evils, so it's Labour for me.

Then your responsible for broken Britain as much as the scum sitting in parliament as voting for either the torys or labor means nothing will change.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Ok, so my vote goes to the Greens, which is where I would like to vote, then in reality all that is going to do is help the Tories, why would I do that? that is the worst outcome in my opinion.

I'm well aware of Labour failures, as I am the Tories, and I'd still rather have Labour running things over the Tories.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Ok, so my vote goes to the Greens, which is where I would like to vote, then in reality all that is going to do is help the Tories, why would I do that? that is the worst outcome in my opinion.

I'm well aware of Labour failures, as I am the Tories, and I'd still rather have Labour running things over the Tories.

And if everyone keep thinking like that then the UK will always continue to swing from Tory to Labour governments and in a generation or two we wont have a UK left.

The saying goes insanity is doing the same thing over and over.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

When my vote for a third party I like will actually count, then I will happily ditch the main party vote, until then I have to vote with the reality of the situation in mind. I don't like it, but I feel like there is no alternative, certainly no left(ish) alternative with any hope of Governing.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   

The saying goes insanity is doing the same thing over and over.

Most definitely.

But you have to understand people's frustration and why many will eventually vote for what they believe to be 'the lesser of two evils' - many believe that any other vote at present - unless in Scotland, Northern Ireland or Wales - is a complete waste.
And I understand that, as surely you do otherwise you wouldn't have authored this thread.

How do we break out of this cycle? - I honestly don't know.
The reality is that the majority are pretty much indifferent and apathetic most of the time.

The Scottish independence debate stimulated some interest in politics but the momentum seems to have been lost.

UKIP have forced immigration and EU membership to the forefront of UK politics - but are they a viable option as government material? - I think not.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

All i can is that we can't have 'Labour' back in charge which means I'm going to vote 'conservatives', at least they are trying to sort the Country out!

Why the fear of Labour? The conservatives seem pretty similar except we have higher taxes and higher government spending than we did under Labour. Not really what the voters signed up for.

Personally, I'm torn between the Greens and UKIP. This is slightly disturbing, since they have opposite policies and I don't like either of them, but surely they must be better than the three "main" parties. Hopefully they aren't in the paedophile ring either.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Your so right about splitting your vote...if it is actually not going to achieve a third parties advance then it is a wasted vote which will only get the Tory's re_elected...or worse yet give a free ride to Ukip because the lib dems and the green do not have a chance...and who really would want the lib dem in there....just another ole boys club....hating labour right now...but the lesser evil...and at least it might shut the door on the Tories.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum_Squirrel
yes its all us conspiracy people going silly about going to the 'right school' or kissing the ASS of their corporate masters its not obvious at all....

The Bullingdon Club

Information below taken form THIS Article

1) the Hon. Edward Sebastian Grigg, the heir to Baron Altrincham of Tormarton and current chairman of Credit Suisse (UK)
(2) David Cameron
(3) Ralph Perry Robinson, a former child actor, designer, furniture-maker
(4) Ewen Fergusson, son of the British ambassador to France, Sir Ewen Fergusson and now at City law firm Herbert Smith
(5) Matthew Benson, the heir to the Earldom of Wemyss and March
(6) Sebastian James, the son of Lord Northbourne, a major landowner in Kent
(7) Jonathan Ford, the-then president of the club, a banker with Morgan Grenfell
(8) Boris Johnson, the-then president of the Oxford Union, now Lord Mayor of London
9) Harry Eastwood, the investment fund consultant.

In the photo taken in 1992, there are eight famous faces:
(1) George Osborne, now the Shadow Chancellor;
(2) writer Harry Mount, the heir to the Baronetcy of Wasing and Mr. Cameron’s cousin;
(3) Chris Coleridge, the descendant of Samuel Taylor Coleridge, the son of Lloyds’ chairman David Coleridge, the brother of Conde Nast managing director Nicholas Coleridge
(4) German aristocrat and managing consultant Baron Lupus von Maltzahn,
(5) the late Mark Petre, the heir to the Barony of Petre;
(6) Australian millionaire Peter Holmes a Cour;
(7) Nat Rothschild, the heir to the Barons Rothschilds and co-founder of a racy student paper with Harry Mount
(8) Jason Gissing, the chairman of Ocado supermarkets.

Two figures on left of (6) and (7) were blacked out before the photo was released, causing wild allegations. Their identities are yet unknown. My top contenders (based on the influence in the City, the Athenaeum and their Oxford prominence) include:

(1) the Hon. Michael Gove, Shadow Secretary of State for Children, Schools and Families, former president of the Oxford Union and “one-man think-tank”
(2) the Hon. Adam Bruce, the son of the Earl of Elgin and incumbent Unicorn Pursuivant of Arms
(3) the Hon. Edward Vaizey, the son of Lord Vaizey and the Shadow Minister for Culture
(4) the founder of Think Tank Policy Exchange, and conservative activist Nicholas Boles
(5) Steven Hilton, the director of strategy for Cameron and godfather of Cameron’s children

I quoted you as it is just what I had said about the boys club....I would have quoted all you said but people can go back and read which I hope they do....these people are groomed from a very early age...britguy is right on top of it also....good to know there are more and more people realising there is NOT such a thing as an elected government....these people are appointed...just as in almost every DEMONocracy around the world.....and frankly they are starting to be very afraid of us...that is the reason they are creating fear in the people so they can exert more control on the people...Boston bombing people were cheering when american troops were on american streets....French people are thankful with French forces roaming their streets...and the UK will soon follow....this is all the lead up for control of the people with our own military...and we the people accept this with open arms....so the question is...not who we are voting for....but WHAT are we voting for?.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

That's where I'm at, lesser of 2 evils.
I'll probably end up voting Labour.... at least the poor will be looked after and social issues will be more in line with my thinking.

Who knows.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup
a reply to: Freeborn

That's where I'm at, lesser of 2 evils.
I'll probably end up voting Labour.... at least the poor will be looked after and social issues will be more in line with my thinking.

Who knows.

And the country will end up bankrupt, and completely at the whim of the EU and USA.

Much as I hate Labour and the torys the torys slightingly edge out for me as least we wont end up like fecking Greece and will keep some national sovereignty.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: midicon
a reply to: Britguy

I'm voting for you.

Great point, you know I would too as many more would I'm sure, if only they had the chance. Britguy puts his points across in a few clear sentences and they resonate with many of us because we know they are true.
Why isn't there anyone in politics who can do the same? Instead politicians talk around subjects, dodge questions, use spin and psychology techniques. Or just make empty promises they fail to keep.
If only there was someone like Britguy, or indeed anyone with pinch of integrity to vote for involved in politics.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Will vote for anyone to keep labour out of power,their reputation on our economy speaks for itself

They are also IMO anti English and would be content to break us up into mini parliaments costing the tax payer a fortune

So it's liberal or conservative but I dislike the conservatives for their actions and words on Syria like I detest the labour government for it tarnishing out countries name with the bloodbath on our foolish war on terror

UKIP,couldn't vote for them but I can see why others would when our current elected MPs act the way they always do-but it could be a wasted vote that allows labour back In and I bet labour our licking their collective lips at the thought of many conservative voters marking the x for UKIP

Shame the media has to always use class warfare with our parties,with Tory toffs and labour working class ect ect

Don't think that will ever change,and it's a pity a persons ability to govern should be on how they deliver their promises and not who their parents where and were they went to school

Tbh we havnt got a lot to choose,our vote on who we want in power is just an illusion we have a say in how we want our country run.There mostly all the same no matter the colour of ties they wear and I expect the senior civil servants are whispering them advice from time to time

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Britguy

originally posted by: midicon
a reply to: Britguy

I'm voting for you.

Thank you, but I'm too honest to be a politician and would feel dirty just walking into that cesspit they call parliament.

I totally understand your sentiment, but that's a shame. William Gladstone might have even felt the same way. But that didn't stop him from doing what he could for the country and its people.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Much as I hate Labour and the torys the torys slightingly edge out for me as least we wont end up like fecking Greece and will keep some national sovereignty.

I think most of us agree that all the major party's are a disgrace.

But I could never bring myself to vote for the Tory's - I remember Thatcher destroying whole communities and we are still paying the price for many of her callous policies.
And now we have Cameron being at least as heartless and vindictive in his targeting and demonising the most vulnerable in our society.

I'm with blup, if I have to vote for one of the 'major' party's then I'm afraid it'll be Labour despite their many failings.

But there is so little to choose between the two - they both represent everything I despise about the party political system.
It's outlived its fit for purpose.

UKIP?
Sure, I like Farage's stance against the EU and I'm all for a referendum on continued membership.
And I like that he's forced immigration onto the forefront of UK politics.
But I'm not convinced as to his intentions and integrity - he is a Tory at heart.
I suspect that if he ever did get a mandate from the people that he would use people's genuine concerns over immigration to implement policies far more extreme than what most people want.
And just because I have serious concerns over the EU and passionately believe the British people have a right to decide exactly who governs them I don't necessarily believe we should come out of the EU. Its far more important that we have the public debate and let the people decide, one way or another, depending on the strength of the relative arguments presented to them.

Some of the Greens policies are ok, others not so.
And its worth pointing out that many of their past policies that people ridiculed are now mirrored by the 'major' party's.
But I know they have absolutely zero chance of getting elected in my home constituency, so is there any point in voting for them under the current system.

And for me that's the most important thing - the current system is simply outdated and needs urgent to reform to reflect the broad spectrum of opinions people have and to give the electorate a greater say and control over key issues.

And no 'major' political party's advocate such reform as they know it would be the death knell for the gravy train they so ruthlessly exploit at our expense.

edit on 20/1/15 by Freeborn because: grammar and clarity

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join