It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Diamond looking object over ALBUQUERQUE, N.M

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Source

This black diamond shaped object drew lots of attention in Albuquerque yesterday. Kirtland Air Force Base says it’s not theirs, and the National Weather Service doesn't know who it belongs to.

What do you think it is? A drone? Something else?

Whatever it was, it was seen by multiple witnesses apparently.
edit on 19-1-2015 by Bloodydagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 04:38 AM
link   
No worries its just one of those ICE CRYSTALS NASA is always talking about. . . . .

Nothing to see here folks wink wink. . . . .

edit on 19-1-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Yep, gotta love those Ice Crystals, lol

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Would be nice to know more about the way it flew. Hopefully some video turns up. Pretty anorexic article.

+19 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodydagger

Solar Balloon ?

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Not a bad theory!

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 05:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: CraftBuilder
Would be nice to know more about the way it flew. Hopefully some video turns up. Pretty anorexic article.

I hope a video pops up too. This is a new "sighting" within the last dozen or so hours. So perhaps a video shows up sometime today!

edit on 19-1-2015 by Bloodydagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Looks like the TR3-A Pumpkinseed:

What's funny about these kinds of threads is I never hear anyone discussing the possibility of any of these advanced craft (many anti gravity and magnetogravitic in nature) being developed by reverse engineering alien craft.

I mean, is it plausible to think that the technology transfer program that's alleged to have occurred between our otherworldly visitors and the U.S. government, along with the reverse engineered claims made by various ufologists and researchers just a ruse to cover up the development of such craft? Why are such bold unsubstantiated claims being made when the excuse can be easily explained by the gov. just stating that this is something we've been working on throughout the past few decades. Is every researcher who has alluded to reverse engineering being the case off his rocker or is there something more to this?

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 06:23 AM
link   
The air force says it's not theirs... not like they'd lie

Very cool clear photo though!

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 06:25 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 06:35 AM
link   
this one was uploaded 8 hours ago maybe its the one

can someone stabilize it and zoom in ?

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueMessiah
Looks like the TR3-A Pumpkinseed:

What's funny about these kinds of threads is I never hear anyone discussing the possibility of any of these advanced craft (many anti gravity and magnetogravitic in nature) being developed by reverse engineering alien craft.

I mean, is it plausible to think that the technology transfer program that's alleged to have occurred between our otherworldly visitors and the U.S. government, along with the reverse engineered claims made by various ufologists and researchers just a ruse to cover up the development of such craft? Why are such bold unsubstantiated claims being made when the excuse can be easily explained by the gov. just stating that this is something we've been working on throughout the past few decades. Is every researcher who has alluded to reverse engineering being the case off his rocker or is there something more to this?

I like this theory lets go with this for a while!

Yes government reversed engineered craft FTW!

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   
This may well be one of those balloons, as someone already pointed out. That being said, I live in Albuquerque, and I've seen a number of things that I can't explain in the skies just outside of town. Several times with some friends, who also saw them.

Out of town a little bit, to the West, in the Rio Puerco, there are a number of weird, out of place things. There's a helipad in the middle of nowhere that I found one night, and didn't see until I was literally standing on it. Then there are things like this airstrip in the middle of the desert, with nothing around it...And for those that know the area, no, it's not Double Eagle...It's much further out than that, and about a third the size...

The only structure nearby, aside from a tiny little trailer, is this, about half a mile away, also in the middle of nothing.

Weird stuff...
edit on 1/19/2015 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

I know that area and have worked out there on various movies. The photos you provided, I think that area is part of a glider training and launching facility.

but...

I too have seen some strange things in the New Mexican skies.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   
It's a balloon. Just goes to show that it's very hard to estimate the size of an object against a sky with no other reference points.

At first it looked like the best picture yet of an as yet unrevealed (but probably soon to be) aircraft....

Not one but two different triangular mystery jets are being secretely flown across the US

See this report which includes intercepted communications which actually jokingly mention the term UFO presumably by one of the pilots:

I own a Uniden BCT15x scanning receiver dedicated to receiving and recording communications in the military-aviation UHF band (225 to 399 MHz) which when connected to a PC records everything and saves them as a time-stamped file. It was a simple thing to go into those recordings and search them for any communications possibly related to the sighting.

I found two. One with a three-ship-formation of aircraft checking in with Albuquerque Center on 251.100 MHz and another with the same aircraft checking in with Fort Worth Center on 316.100 MHz.

Call sign: "SIENNA"

On February 21, I posted this radio intercept to my Facebook group of aviation photographers:

"It's frustrating when you monitor something very interesting in your vehicle - but the scanner at home didn't catch it or record it. At approximately 2:39 PM, as I was driving down to pick my grandkids up from school (down in Canyon,Texas ) I heard this conversation on 321.100 MHz on the scanner in my vehicle.
BTW - pardon the language. I'm quoting.

"That's what I'd call an oh-ficial UFO. Unusual-#ing Object. What's it's designation?"
"Can't say over the radio."
"Weirdest #ing airplane I've ever seen."
"Hey - who's the boomer?"
"Mike Sinclair. Why?"
"I thought I recognized that ugly mug. Is he on the frequency?"
[pause]
"Should be- if he ain't we are in big trouble."
"Hey Mike - what do you think of this #ing thing - ain't it the fugliest thing yet?"
"How'd you rate that? Who's in the back seat?"
"I'd rather not say ... SIGNAL Begins to fade ..... UNINTELLIGIBLE."
"No, we will be your tanker all week ..."

While this was going on - I witnessed two aircraft flying to the west in approximately the same position our mystery aircraft would come from a few weeks later.

Could this have been our mystery aircraft on their way west?

Other questions remain.

Some may ask why they would fly it in broad daylight over Texas? Why wouldn't they use encrypted radio frequencies?

I've always been of the opinion, if they don't want you to see something, you won't.

But let me digress a bit in search of a better answer.

Look at the history of black aircraft and in particular the F-117.

During initial tests it flew only at night, but a number of crashes, one caused by pilot fatigue necessitated the move to daytime test flights. The USAF knew that soon it would be spotted and the cat would be out of the proverbial bag.

But they also knew a aircraft that can't be seen on radar could make a hell of a dent on the USSR's military budget as they struggled to find ways to counter stealth.

Billions of rubles were spent and (as history has proven) the Soviet Union went bankrupt.

It's only recently that other countries have cracked the code for stealth and are building their own stealthy aircraft.

But consider this - there's could also be another reason.

A weapons system isn't a threat to an enemy unless they know it exists.

edit on 19-1-2015 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   
According to the Source linked in the OP, it's a solar balloon.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   
double post. please remove

edit on 19-1-2015 by TXRabbit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Albuquerque is the home of an international balloon Fiesta.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Your source tells us what it is?

The balloon was created by an Albuquerque group called Q Lab, and Gonner Menning said he has built several and Sunday was the first time one flew.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

My source had different information jotted down last night than it does today. It was pretty vague at the time that I posted that link. I guess they have come across more/new info.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join