It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man with machete bashed through door - Shot by homeowner

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: HomerinNC
The guy got what he deserved. Bottom line. The homeowner warned him he had a gun, the buttwipe ignored him, so he got three in the chest.
Shoulda gotten 3 in the chest, one in the head, save the state and the tax payers money.

That, is the line between self-defense and flat-out murder.

Reminds me of a local case from '09. An attempted armed robbery by two masked teenagers with a stolen getaway car (14 and 16 years of age) at a pharmacy. The 59 year old property owner reached under the counter for his gun during the stick-up, shot one perp in the head, and chased the other out the door. He then returned inside, retrieved another handgun, and proceeded to shoot the wounded perp five more times.

Based on store surveillance footage, at trial he was found guilty of first-degree murder, and now faces a sentence of life in prison with no possibility of parole.

Source

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
I have a DEATH DEALER Axe replica I WOULD DARE him and his little machete to come in.. OR a Bat'lethOR a couple of heavy knives.
Wouldn't be sporting to use a GUN...

Makes me think of France where whole towns were afraid and helpless... People took video of the two terrorist as the marched around the streets screaming that they revenged Mohammad. I could only think that a 300 blackout with an aim point pro would have rectified the situation rather quickly, but hey that is just me.

edit on 19-1-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Xtrozero

Ya I agree.
I guess it is possible that it wasn't a front door.
That was my first thought, but just seems like it is set up as a front door by all the locks and what not.

It almost looks fake, but I guess it was real...

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:07 AM
link   

His neuro-psychologist Mark Corgiat found Twain has suffered from both PTSD and frontal-lobe damage to his brain due to a past car accident.

His defense attorney Dave Martinez said Thomas wasn't aware of what he was doing at the time.

The lawyer claimed he finally snapped out of it once he was shot.

In a solemn apology, Thomas told the court: 'I have never had anything like this happen before in my life.'

During the the trial, prosecutors said that Twain's military past meant he was a danger to the public.

Ugh.

Link

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

THEY say that about ALL of us anyway.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   

It really did though, I mean the door did nothing to stop the guy.

How many of you that have firearms for protection would also have a door like that?

ETA: I mean if we want to talk about defending ones family and all that, seems like front door is a great place to start
edit on thMon, 19 Jan 2015 01:15:25 -0600America/Chicago120152580 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Wow gandolf has real let himself go !
Was that a door off the titanic ?
And if he would do that in the uk my nunchuckers would of been round his arm faster than a rat up a drainpipe !

Back to reality , well done for popping the guy .

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   

It really did though, I mean the do did nothing to stop the guy.

How many of you that have firearms for protection would also have a door like that?

I have very solid doors and an alarm system, so my guns are the back up to the back up. If someone gets to that point that they keep coming that is when the gun ends it.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   

It really did though, I mean the do did nothing to stop the guy.

If you live in an apartment you can't just install new doors. Doors are expensive too, I wouldn't be spending that money on a rental. Are you really trying to blame this on the guy that warned the machete wielding man to get away, while that man kicked in his door?

He should have had a better door? That crazy F would have gone through a window. Should people be expected to get burglar bars?

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   

It really did though, I mean the door did nothing to stop the guy.

ETA: I mean if we want to talk about defending ones family and all that, seems like front door is a great place to start

It might be possible that the apartment building itself was a secure-entry building, and therefore doors for the individual apartments weren't required to be sturdy front doors. The laws for these things change state to state, and there are countless slumlords out there cutting as many corners as possible. Plus, the tenant may not have been able to modify his apartment because of his lease, and therefore couldn't get a more sturdy door installed without the landlords approval.

Bottom line is you can't really blame the guy for defending himself in this situation. Clearly by the video and audio he didn't want to shoot this guy. This is a textbook example of when and how you should use a gun for home defense.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   

No I am not, no where did I say that.

Was just a point of how could some one feel safe with a door like that.

And I would be the place would not care as long as you cleared it with them.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I am not blaming the guy people, I said in my first comment that I had no issue with what he did.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:58 AM
link   
No point in having the right to bear arms if you are not allowed to use them/it, is there? I think it boils down to the American version of ' An Englishman's home is his castle' .

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: AK907ICECOLD
Number of times someone has tried to break into my home with a machete is zero. Number of times I have been near an argument that could have ended in a fatality if a gun present dozens.
I prefer our ' UK' gun laws.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I read you wrong. Apologies.

I would not feel safe with that type of door. Thing is a piece of crap, and should never be used as an exterior door, even if no jackasses were expected to kick it down. I wouldn't even want that for a closet door.

This is probably highly dependent on a number of circumstances, but I would not be surprised if the building got sued. I know that type of door, and you can basically walk through them. I'm thinking it wasn't up to code.

-----

As usual, I feel bad for everyone involved. Feel for the guy that obviously wasn't getting the help he needed, feel for other people he terrorized and feel for the guy that had to shoot him in self defense.

One of my greatest fears is being in a situation where I have to shoot someone. I know I can do it if I have to, but I also know that it would devastate me, even though I would be completely justified. I don't want to be suburban Rambo, but I also don't want to be defenseless.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 02:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot
Number of times someone has tried to break into my home with a machete is zero. Number of times I have been near an argument that could have ended in a fatality if a gun present dozens.

Ok? Number of times I have been near a [insert situation] that could have ended in a fatality if a [insert weapon] present, always... Number of times I have been near a customer service line that could have ended in a fatality if a nine iron was present, dozens.

If you prefer your "UK" gun laws, then I can already tell that the number of times someone tried to break into your house with a machete is zero, because after the first time you wouldn't be around to talk about it. The intruder states in the audio that he was there to kill them. Even the article states that the mother of the female tenant was opposed to guns until this incident occurred. I'm willing to bet if this was happened to a close family member, that you would change your tune.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 02:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

I would rather have my gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it.

In case you didn't take notice of the article that was the second time that nut caved in their door you can tell the one that was up was temporary.

How many times would your door need to be bashed in or have your life threatened til you would consider owning a gun?

In this story it took one time to have his door kicked in and several threats before he bought a gun.

Well stay frosty over there in the UK.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi
In this specific situation it was clearly a good thing that he had a gun. However that does not refute my point that I would much rather live in a society that does not have them. Don't want to live in fear of worse case scenarios.
Is a balmy -5 at moment. That sunbathing weather over here

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 02:45 AM
link   

No I am not, no where did I say that.

Was just a point of how could some one feel safe with a door like that.

And I would be the place would not care as long as you cleared it with them.

He obviously didn't "feel safe"! When one feels safe and secure in their place of residence, do they normally turn on a video camera and point it at said door? I can't speak for everyone, but I sure don't take said actions "just in case." A fine line between paranoia and justified concern.

You know those hairs on the back of your neck? They stand up sometimes for damn good reason.

Other posters have already commented that this weak door was a "temporary replacement" due to a prior incident of a similar nature. I've had a landlord *ahem, slumlord* delay replacing a faulty hot water heater for over four months before, even with calls coming from me up to 5 times a week.

Landlord probably told Maintenance that "some guy in 5A is crying about a missing front door. Go throw up the cheapest one you can find to shut him up."

It's all too easy to Monday Morning Quarterback the decisions and chain of events that led to this.

As noted earlier, it was his previous experiences with this neighbor that compelled him to purchase a firearm in the first place, due to fearing for his safety. Watching the video, the door in question appears to lead to a hallway, or some kind of common area. The door that was breached was quite obviously the main ingress point of his living quarters.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 04:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

originally posted by: AK907ICECOLD
a reply to: infolurker

I'm still trying to understand why someone's front door it hollow like that??

Isn't that a fire/building code violation?

And for the guy not to empty his entire clip into him is amazing for will power!!

Great vid

My only question is how many gun haters here.. Yes I'm talking to you....

How would you handle this situation without a firearm... Really!! I'd like to know please.. Ask him in for tea and biscuits?

Well, that is a good question.

I know the people in the UK all know martial arts and would not have a problem taking care of the guy with a machete at all

They should be here soon to tell us exactly how they would have disarmed the guy and sent him screaming home to mommy.

I know karate too, with my .45, AR-10. AK, In their face.... My kick is as bad as a fat chick in public.... in your face and deadly
edit on 19-1-2015 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-1-2015 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join