It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man with machete bashed through door - Shot by homeowner

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Here is an interesting one caught on camera.

Never bring a machete to murder a gun owner in his own home

www.idahostatejournal.com... 6.html

POCATELLO — The events of the shooting unfolded in what seemed to Pocatello apartment resident James Cvengros like slow motion. The sound of windows breaking upstairs, the terrified screams of his neighbor and then his own front door being shattered by Twain Thomas minutes before Cvengros, 29, shot the intruder three times in the chest.

“In my mind, it lasted for hours, but on the video it all happened in seconds,” Cvengros said.

Cvengros saw the video footage of his ordeal for the first time at Thomas’s sentencing hearing Thursday. Thomas pleaded guilty to attempted murder and aggravated assault as part of a plea agreement, and he was sentenced to a combined prison sentence of 10 years fixed and 10 years indeterminate for both charges. The video, recorded by Cvengros, documented the events of that morning last February, but he handed the footage over to police and never saw it again until the sentencing.

See article for the whole story and Youtube here:

www.youtube.com...
edit on 18-1-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I'm still trying to understand why someone's front door it hollow like that??

Isn't that a fire/building code violation?

And for the guy not to empty his entire clip into him is amazing for will power!!

Great vid

My only question is how many gun haters here.. Yes I'm talking to you....

How would you handle this situation without a firearm... Really!! I'd like to know please.. Ask him in for tea and biscuits?
edit on 18-1-2015 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   

The link for the article doesn't work but I watched the video.

It is a good thing he had a gun because that was pretty crazy I think it was very small caliber pistol. Twain lived.

BTW here is the video.

Youtube can be mean but this comment did crack me up.

TWAIN GOT SHOT AND STARTED SINGING PEARL JAM

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: AK907ICECOLD

I'm still trying to understand why someone's front door it hollow like that??

Isn't that a fire/building code violation?

And for the guy not to empty his entire clip into him is amazing for will power!!

Great vid

My only question is how many gun haters here.. Yes I'm talking to you....

How would you handle this situation without a firearm... Really!! I'd like to know please.. Ask him in for tea and biscuits?

Well, that is a good question.

I know the people in the UK all know martial arts and would not have a problem taking care of the guy with a machete at all

They should be here soon to tell us exactly how they would have disarmed the guy and sent him screaming home to mommy.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Geez, that was intense! Some may disagree with me here, but should be mandatory-watching during CCW safety classes.

Really drills home the responsibility you are taking as a defensive firearm owner. Imagine having to "shoot to stop the threat" someone you know on a first name basis, and the emotional turmoil that would put you through. One of the first things the shooter says after the incident is (paraphrasing from memory) "Oh my God. I didn't want to have to do that, Twain" with agony wrenching from his voice. Poor guy, but this is fight vs. flight in the purest. At least he had warning via the commotion down the hall which led him to be on high alert.

Now, I'm the farthest you could get from the "Sue 'em all!" mindset you can be, but after reading some Youtube comments, I do wonder why the apartment complex is not being held liable for providing a front door with the break-in resistance of wet cardboard. Looking back on the 4 apartment complexes I've resided in, ALL had steel doors with reinforced frames. A deadbolt and chain isnt gonna do much when the door itself can be shredded like a pinata.

Also, great trigger discipline. Only three shots in such a high adrenaline, close quarters encounter. Textbook case of self-defense. Verbal commands failed to work, escalated to proper use of deadly force.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   
He wasn't just protecting himself. There was a kid in the room.
It sounded like it hurt. I say good.
What the hell was that door made of? Graham crackers?

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   
F'ed up country when you can't defend your self without prosecution. And a cop can murder and get a paid vacation.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   
The guy got what he deserved. Bottom line. The homeowner warned him he had a gun, the buttwipe ignored him, so he got three in the chest.
Shoulda gotten 3 in the chest, one in the head, save the state and the tax payers money.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: roth1
F'ed up country when you can't defend your self without prosecution. And a cop can murder and get a paid vacation.

The guy who defended himself wasn't prosecuted. Thomas the one who attacked was prosecuted.

In fact Cvengros the guy who defended himself is getting his gun back after the appeal process is over.

BTW that was the second time he kicked in the door it looks like that one was temporary.

The link in the OP is broke but I found the article here.

link

The article says it was a 9mm.
edit on 19-1-2015 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: roth1

I don't think the shooter was prosecuted. Or at least nothing I read about it indicated as much. The intruder was convicted of attempted murder and aggravated assault. What's f'd up is that the intruder is eligible for parole after only 5 years for attempted murder. Yet there are droves of nonviolent drug offenders in prison who aren't eligible for parole for decades. Good thing this guy had a gun. Hopefully the intruder won't be coming back in 5 years for fear he might get shot again.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   
That guy was on a mission , he breached the hell out of that door!

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

It is a good thing he had a gun because that was pretty crazy I think it was very small caliber pistol. Twain lived.

After watching (and re-watching several times) the section of the vid where the shooter opens the door and his handgun is shown on-frame, I can safely conclude it is some unknown make, fairly modern design (based on the inclusion of a rail-mount for light/laser on bottom in front of the trigger guard) in a full-size duty pistol sized frame. Generally, these are not made in a caliber less than 9mm Luger. The purpose of smaller calibers such as .380 (and on down the line) are intended to be chambered as a very small, easily concealed pistol.

So, this wasn't some little el-cheapo .25 ACP "Saturday Night Special" he was using. Contrary to popular belief, there's no such thing as a "one shot kill" (with some very, very rare exceptions, of course.)

There are use of force reports with LE landing upwards of 10 .357 Magnum rounds, and the person shot still surviving, and presenting an active threat, and even killing one of the officers involved. Happened to Florida Highway Patrol in the early 80's.

Shot placement, and ammo selection is the difference between a doc fishing some slugs out, and a toe tag. Let's say for instance that this man was loaded with 9mm Full Metal Jacket. Cheap, widely available ammo.

FMJ is intended to not expand at all upon impact, therefore creating small, clean wound channels as it fully penetrates and creates an exit wound, imparting little of its energy into the target. Mostly useful as cheap target ammo.

Self-defense ammo is generally loaded to higher pressures (which leads to transferring more energy into the target) and utilizes a hollow point. JHP's and the like are designed for maximum expansion upon impact, generally doubling the diameter of the bullet as compared to its unfired state. This, in turn, imparts nearly all of the energy into the target, creates a larger wound channel, and is less likely to pass right through the target.

This recent thread from projectvxn can explain this far better than I:ATS - Caliber Wars: What is the Truth?

edit on 1192015 by CloudsTasteMetallic because: too much bold!

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Why was he video taping his door?

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   
So I don't mind this guy doing this.

Now if you are so worried about protecting your family and what not and that is your reason for you to buy a gun, you think you would also take the steps to have a door that can't be busted through so easy no?

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Meldionne1
Why was he video taping his door?

He started filming after hearing glass shatter from a neighboring apartment. He either wanted to document the commotion or knew it would possibly escalate. An article also mentioned that the shooter had been threatened by this guy in the past (who was his upstairs neighbor for 3 years), which is why he decided to purchase a firearm.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I have a DEATH DEALER Axe replica I WOULD DARE him and his little machete to come in.. OR a Bat'lethOR a couple of heavy knives.
Wouldn't be sporting to use a GUN...

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
So I don't mind this guy doing this.

Now if you are so worried about protecting your family and what not and that is your reason for you to buy a gun, you think you would also take the steps to have a door that can't be busted through so easy no?

That door looked like a very cheap bedroom door NOT a front door that is basically solid. Very weird, looks like a apartment, so I would go after the apartment owner who used the WRONG door for the front door...lol

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   
OP fix your link.

NOT THE SAME LINK
edit on 1920150120151 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Ya I agree.
I guess it is possible that it wasn't a front door.
That was my first thought, but just seems like it is set up as a front door by all the locks and what not.

ETA: So ya seems like it was the front door, which is just crazy!

To be able to just kick through it like that, that complex should def have some people going after them.
edit on thMon, 19 Jan 2015 01:03:51 -0600America/Chicago120155180 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join