It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your momma and daddy may have to give away much of your inheritance to someone else

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   
gee when we lose the rest of the middle class, when they've also joined the welfare lines...

I wonder...
Will they still be complaining how unfair it is to take their money so the workers can be fed??
or will the sacrifice their workers so that can keep their money??

What we need is a good ole solar flare to kill all the electronics and send us back to the good ole days so many whine they want to go back to..
that should make their decision easier, once the possibility of them trading those workers in for the newest reobitic models!

the gov't needs more money!!! those wars, the airports that aren't needed or wanted, the bridges to no where, and all the other crap they think would be nice to have are quite expensive!! so if you don't like the idea of them increasing the taxes on the higher income earners just where do you propose to take it???
NO ONE ELSE HAS ANY TO SPARE!

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I was going to reply with some thing nasty and offensive but I decided not to.

Pure wrong, that's all there is to say to that.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese

originally posted by: Jamie1

Just wondering if somebody thinks it's cool to take money from other people for themselves, where do you draw the line?

I don't think it's "cool", but it's also not "cool" to force the use of financial tools which benefit your class and harm others.

The line is drawn with the pen in law, and that changes through the years. This should be obvious, is it not?

Who, exactly, is doing this: "to force the use of financial tools which benefit your class and harm others"? Who is doing the "forcing" and who is being forced to "use financial tools ..."?
I understand the use of the word force when it comes to taxes because force is exactly what is used if taxes aren't paid. But I don't understand how any financial institution can force folks to do anything. The broke person goes to the bank and signs papers. I don't know of any financial institution that comes to people and under threat of harm makes people sign financial instruments.
It is the government who is forcing people to use financial institutions in that they must have a bank account in order to get benefits. And yes, I'm fairly certain it was the banking industry who lobbied for that change in operations. I'm convinced that they presented a case that the various agencies would reap millions of dollars in savings over the old mail-out-the-check system.
So please explain your statement about forcing the use of financial tools---otherwise I'm left to think you are just typing words that you think sound like an argument.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: diggindirt

I never believed it was anyone else's responsibility to educate me or my children. But that doesn't mean that I and they didn't take the scholarships and grants made available---just as we took the tax breaks available. However, taking advantage of those things means taking the time and making the effort to discover what is there and working to be deserving of those perks.

And later, you said: dust themselves off.....

I'm fully aware that there are times when hard working folks fall on hard times. But those folks dust themselves off, adjust their lives and go on.

Bah.

Do you know that when taxes were HIGH, the country did better? No. You are too worried about 'you' and 'yours'.

Exactly how much do you REALLY NEED?

I have no idea what point you are attempting to make here.

edit on 22-1-2015 by diggindirt because: nevermind...

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Do you comprehend that you've answered your own question in your post?

Not sure why I'd bother to add anything at this point.

You do know you've done this, correct?

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

Why is this argument so important to you anyways?

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese

Do you comprehend that you've answered your own question in your post?

Not sure why I'd bother to add anything at this point.

You do know you've done this, correct?

If you refuse to explain your words, what I can do other than think you actually have no argument to offer for the nonsense you typed? I believe this is a discussion site, not a riddle-presenting site. So unless you can explain your words "force the use of financial tools which benefit your class and harm others." I'm at a loss. Exactly how do "the rich" force the use of any financial tools? Exactly which "financial tools" are being used and abused?

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Do you have any idea what the lobbyist do in DC?

They are the tool of the extremely wealthy. They buy favorable legislation.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Can anyone ever think having alot is the same thing as having nothing? Would be my number one question when discussing wealth. And the answer is no. You cant.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod
That's your argument?
Lobbyists?
Lobbyists can't "force" anyone to do anything. Their job is to beg and bribe. Even their employers, the bankers, can't "force" anyone to utilize financial tools.
Yes, they can influence the legislators to pass legislation to require people receiving government checks to have a bank account. But simply being required to have an account to get money from the government isn't costing anyone anything. Even the smallest towns have a bunch of banks completing for business so most offer "no minimum balancce" accounts. Most even pay interest on those checking accounts.
So you think the lobbyists are doing the "forcing" but you haven't explained who is being forced? You also haven't explained what these financial tools are that some people are being forced to utilize.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod

I'm not somebody who understands the political systems. So, when you're talking about legislations and tools of the filthy rich, i'm left with a feeling of being extremely lost. I simply dont understand. Read my last post. It's about the comparison of having nothing and having alot. Answer if you want to.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Looking forward to ANY opinions on this.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I wrote this on the side... of just how I will attempt to start a Tax Reform initiative and to present to the VA as an argument/claim by that agency that I make too much money.....

here is the real swindle when it comes to Paying your fair share of Tax Myth

i rake in $ 13,000 yr
i pay out $ 1,060 yr in health care premiums to Medicare
i pay out $ 4,502 yr in property taxes
i pay out $ 120 yr in vehicle taxes (every other year it rises by $20 then reverts down $20 )
which leaves me with $ 7,180 to buy food/goods/services that are subject to another pay out in taxes
of approx. $ 502 in sales taxes paid...

so i fork over to the Govt.$ 1,060+4,502+120+502(+) = $ 6,184.oo
of my modest $13,000. fixed income--> OR some 47.5% of SS$ benefits

leaving me with only $ 6,816,oo to sustain my quality of life expenses

SINCE SS taxes combined employee & employer rate is only 12.4%...
that is what i feel is fair
SO, i am going to claim a TAX CREDIT for the difference between the
$ 6,184. i already paid and the reasonable TAX DUE of 12.4%
which is: 12.4% of $13,000 = $ 1,612

this year i file w/tax credits for excessive taxes withheld : $ 4,572.oo REFUND DUE

~from my documents folder~
edit on th31142211381224362015 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

You don't? Okay, I'll make a really simple analogy for you.

Say a person staggers into your yard and collapses. You go out to see what it is that ails them.

They tell you that they are starving.

And you say, "well, I have 500 10-pound bags of potatoes in my kitchen." (You are also not having a party, not a restaurateur, not a potato farmer, and not in the business of selling potatoes. You live by yourself, and no one else depends on your potatoes. You can't possibly eat them all before they go bad.)

After a pause, the person gasps out, " My children are still at home, and they are too weak to move."

You look at them, puzzled because you can't see their point. "Well," you say, "what does that have to do with me?"

"I need just five potatoes to save my children and myself."

And you say, "I don't know what your problem is, but those are my potatoes." And then you turn around and walk back toward the house, and over your shoulder you shout, "GET OFF MY LAWN."

edit on 1/24/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

You walk passed an idiot shouting nonsense you restrain your violent urges because intelligence, knowledge reminds you
there is a price to freedom of speech.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I try not to be so judgemental towards anyone. Getting myself all worked up for nothing doesnt make sense but its difficult not to when given a reason. The feeling of legal lines being crossed is probably, if not by one, felt by all researching this.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   

You don't? Okay, I'll make a really simple analogy for you.

Say a person staggers into your yard and collapses. You go out to see what it is that ails them.

They tell you that they are starving.

And you say, "well, I have 500 10-pound bags of potatoes in my kitchen." (You are also not having a party, not a restaurateur, not a potato farmer, and not in the business of selling potatoes. You live by yourself, and no one else depends on your potatoes. You can't possibly eat them all before they go bad.)

After a pause, the person gasps out, " My children are still at home, and they are too weak to move."

You look at them, puzzled because you can't see their point. "Well," you say, "what does that have to do with me?"

"I need just five potatoes to save my children and myself."

And you say, "I don't know what your problem is, but those are my potatoes." And then you turn around and walk back toward the house, and over your shoulder you shout, "GET OFF MY LAWN."

That's quite the imagination you have there. Fortunately, it has nothing to do with the reality of my world. Our county has a whole bunch of excellent systems in place to help those who need a helping hand. These facilities are in place because a lot of folks have worked hard to establish them and keep them going. And do you know who we depend on for extra financial help when the need is as great as it is today? Who do you think we ask when the free clinic needs an extra $50k? It is the "filthy rich" we go to. And it is "filthy rich" who keep the clinic going and the shelves of the community pantry stocked. It's the son of a sharecropper who made millions of dollars selling popcorn---or the grandson of the first automobile dealer in the city. These are the "filthy rich" of our community who are more than willing to lend a hand and help those who find themselves in the dust.
These are the people who will be impacted by the sort of involuntary wealth redistribution being proposed. When their federal taxes are increased their local contributions will diminish. It's trickle-down government designed to attempt to funnel all discretionary funds to government.
Go do a bit of volunteer work with charitable organizations in your community and you'll get a better understanding of this issue.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Zngland

You walk passed an idiot shouting nonsense you restrain your violent urges because intelligence, knowledge reminds you
there is a price to freedom of speech.

I walk PAST who?

Intelligence and knowledge reminds me that most of the people in the world are 'C' students. It's VERY frustrating.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   

And do you know who we depend on for extra financial help when the need is as great as it is today? Who do you think we ask when the free clinic needs an extra $50k? It is the "filthy rich" we go to. And it is "filthy rich" who keep the clinic going

LOL!!!
Dude. Don't even start with me. I am a social worker. I know all about 'grant-writing' and 'fund-raisers' and kissing the asses of the super rich, and the expensive 'parties' that non-profits throw. .....

Don't. Even. Start.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   

And do you know who we depend on for extra financial help when the need is as great as it is today? Who do you think we ask when the free clinic needs an extra $50k? It is the "filthy rich" we go to. And it is "filthy rich" who keep the clinic going

LOL!!!
Dude. Don't even start with me. I am a social worker. I know all about 'grant-writing' and 'fund-raisers' and kissing the asses of the super rich, and the expensive 'parties' that non-profits throw. .....

Don't. Even. Start.

How many poor people attend the fundraisers and contribute money that's used to help people?

Do you have something against expensive parties and wealthy people? They're the ones contributing by FAR the most money to non-profits AND paying the most taxes.

Do you have a moral justification for why you should get their money when they die instead of their kids?

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join