It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can The Two U.S. Political Parties and the Corporate World Really Be So Blind To Common Sense?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
The worst problem that divides us is the I don't wan't or need something so you can't have it either mentality. Liberals want to get rid of Guns and God and Conservatives want to get rid of Gay Marriage and abortion.

I bet if we would just concede these four things to each other then we would be way less divided and then we could go after the real problems facing our country and the world.

You're exactly right. I myself believe they keep these arguments in the forefront because they are very emotionally charged issues, and it easily captures most peoples focus when discussed. I believe that abortion is another one of those issues. The same 4 or 5 issues have been thrown around constantly ever since i can remember (im only 30) and there is NEVER 1 inch of progress toward any type of resolution. Because of that i now believe that they are in fact non-issues to politicians, they literally could not care less, but they know it gets most peoples attention so they use it to manipulate the masses. These issues are their smokescreen for everything that they actually do, every once in a while they get a new fad come along to help break up the repetitiveness like Ebola or some missing plane, but when they've got nothing it inevitable goes back to gay marriage, abortion, religion, or the 2nd amendment. The amount of time they spend on these "issues" is staggering, especially considering they almost never actually do anything about it.
edit on 22-1-2015 by Bundy because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join