It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Think you know everything about the problem with Islam?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: samjonesy I agree Christianity has been violent to many different people try to convert them, or take their lands. But Muslim ISIS are killing and destroying their own people as well as anyone else. Violent? Hate filled? Not much caring for their fellow Muslims. It is hard for me to see the good in that.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Violent sectarianism is not the province of any one religion.

Countries with Buddhist majorities are among the most intolerant in the world. I live in one.

Here, just as in Burma, violent Buddhist fanatics attack Muslims, whom they accuse of raping Buddhist women and conspiring to outbreed Buddhists. They destroy mosques and Muslim-owned businesses, and when they can, they kill Muslims. The Muslims of my country, incidentally, are a small, peaceful minority, mostly traders, who have lived here since the thirteenth century. They have been subject to regular persecution by segments of the Buddhist majority for at least the last century — well into colonial times.

When the Buddhist fanatics aren't attacking Muslims, they're smashing Christian churches, 'protesting' against what they call 'unethical conversions'. Recently, a Muslim woman was arrested and jailed under an outdated blasphemy law intended to be used by the former colonial power on behalf of Christians.

The largest ethnic minority in my country are Tamils, who are Hindu or Christian. They recently wound up on the losing side of a 25-year-long separatist war. The winning side: mostly Buddhists.

Thus far, I speak of what I have lived through and experienced with my own eyes (I am, by the way, an atheist from a Christian cultural background who has a lot of time for the precepts of Buddhism and am not very sympathetic towards Islam as a belief system). But as a South Asian, I know that in other countries with (Theravada) Buddhist majorities, the same thing happens. Thailand is a particularly sorry example that we hear little about because the country is a Western ally.

No religion is any better than others when it comes to this. All are guilty. Christianity, in the centuries of its dominance, was as bad or worse as any other. The reason minorities are not (much) persecuted in Christian-majority countries is because those countries are basically secular, not religious.

Faith is hate.

Islamophobes just suffer from tunnel vision.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 04:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax

Faith is hate.

Firstly, let's look at the definition of a phobia

phobia
Also found in: Medical, Legal, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
pho·bi·a (fō′bē-ə)
n.
1. A persistent, abnormal, and irrational fear of a specific thing or situation that compels one to avoid it, despite the awareness and reassurance that it is not dangerous.

There is nothing abnormal nor irrational about fearing a religion who's law when practised includes beating your wife, throwing gay people of roofs to their death, not believing a woman has been raped unless there were 4 witnesses, stoning women for having babies out of wedlock, throwing men in prison for not having a long enough beard.

Those are just the first few inhumanities that followers of Islam suffer under Sharia law that I can think of in under a minute.

Sure, other religions get perverted and people do things in their name. But they are not the core teachings of the faith and therefore the people are not actually following the faith and teachings. Islam has all the above and more as it's fundamental teachings.
edit on 21-1-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

There is nothing abnormal nor irrational about fearing a religion who's law when practised includes beating your wife, throwing gay people of roofs to their death, not believing a woman has been raped unless there were 4 witnesses, stoning women for having babies out of wedlock, throwing men in prison for not having a long enough beard.

My point exactly. That is why Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism, Buddhism and Islam are all equally to be feared.

The 'laws' of these religions, when interpreted in practice by their followers, have all given rise to atrocities such as you describe.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   

My point exactly. That is why Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism, Buddhism and Islam are all equally to be feared.

This is really rather comical in light of current events, recent event, Islamic history over the last 3 decades or so. Islam is a matter or real concern theses days for sure. They have center stage and no peer in the atrocity category.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

"World domination under Sharia", is an oxymoron...

Sharia Law is for Muslims only...

But spreading fear is a classical attempt at deflection from the persecution in the OP.

It's worth pointing out that "World domination under Sharia" is only an oxymoron if you live in a world where people are allowed to be something other than muslim. For some, it would be a battle-cry with very worrying implications.

While I appreciate that the vast majority of muslims just want to get on with life without particularly caring that someone else is a Christian, or a Jew, there is still a small core of fundamentalists with guns who seem to think they need everyone to convert or die.

It's the ones with the guns who worry me, not the rest of them.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

Faith is hate.

Firstly, let's look at the definition of a phobia

phobia
Also found in: Medical, Legal, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
pho·bi·a (fō′bē-ə)
n.
1. A persistent, abnormal, and irrational fear of a specific thing or situation that compels one to avoid it, despite the awareness and reassurance that it is not dangerous.

Those are just the first few inhumanities that followers of Islam suffer under Sharia law that I can think of in under a minute.

Sure, other religions get perverted and people do things in their name. But they are not the core teachings of the faith and therefore the people are not actually following the faith and teachings. Islam has all the above and more as it's fundamental teachings.

Isis is supported and created by the U.S. and Israel (didn't Israel just bomb Hezbollah in Syria which are fighting and killing Isis), and funded by the Saudi Arabians who in turn are protected militarily by the U.S. At the expense of every Muslim that lives in the middle east since the USA has bombed just about every country in the region.

Doesn't isreal treat the Isis wounded in Israeli hosptals. Based on your own standards of judging adherents to certain religions you must admit that this is a Christian and Jewish monster.

The truth is that Christians are killing the only people in the world who are fighting against Isis (Hezbollah and Syria) while The Jews of Israel are healing them so they can kill more innocent Muslims.

It seems to me that you are being extremely irrational for not fearing Christianity and Judaism while fearing Islam.

You said this in your post "Sure, other religions get perverted and people do things in their name. But they are not the core teachings of the faith and therefore the people are not actually following the faith and teachings. Islam has all the above and more as it's fundamental teachings.

The old testament is the violent religous text in the world, calling for killing children and even babies, calling for complete annihilation of any one who does not worship the god.
At the same time you find anything remotely like that in the Muslim Quran.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Sorry , I meant to say that while the bible has all these violent verses you can't find anything remotely like that in the Muslim holy book the Quraan.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: samjonesy
Sorry , I meant to say that while the bible has all these violent verses you can't find anything remotely like that in the Muslim holy book the Quraan.

No point telling us, you need to be telling ISIS, because they surely seem to think there is.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

This is really rather comical in light of current events, recent event, Islamic history over the last 3 decades or so.

Quite possibly. Especially if the 'light of current events' comes from a TV screen.

However, when speaking about religion, we need to review the last 300 decades or so, not just the last three.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

a reply to: Logarock

This is really rather comical in light of current events, recent event, Islamic history over the last 3 decades or so.

Quite possibly. Especially if the 'light of current events' comes from a TV screen.

However, when speaking about religion, we need to review the last 300 decades or so, not just the last three.

A Christian from 300 years ago cannot hurt me. A Muslim from today can. Extremist Muslims are actively trying to do so. I think you are trying to play Devil's Advocate, which is okay, but surely you must realize this?

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: NOTurTypical

The goal of Islam is world domination under Sharia.

Nuff said.

You mean fundamentalist extremist Islam. Funny how that only works one way with you when one could easily say the same about Christianity when looking at how it was originally spread to the world, by the sword. Most rational muslims do not think that way, just like most Christians aren't ignorant science deniers. It's fundamentalism that is bad, no matter what religion you follow. When you blindly follow ANY scripture as absolute truth, it does nothing but lead to issues. This applies to ignorant evolution deniers as well. Fundamentalism is dangerous.
edit on 21-1-2015 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Such a tolerant Christian.

Hey, Christians are tolerant as long as you're not gay, haven't had an abortion, or not another religion. As Ghandi said "I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." Unfortunately you get intolerance in any religion.
edit on 21-1-2015 by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: EvillerBob

originally posted by: samjonesy

No point telling us, you need to be telling ISIS, because they surely seem to think there is.

Yah, and you need to be telling your Christian and Jewish buddies to stop sending them weapons and training. Also , tell them to stop killing innocent people at wedding parties with drones.

You need to tell your Jewish friends to stop fighting Hezbollah who are the only people who have been able to whip their(isis) asses.
This sounds fair to me.
You want me to say something when I clearly don't support them, but you don't complain when Jews treat them in Israeli hospitals- are you afraid of the Jews or something???

www.ibtimes.co.in...

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

A Christian from 300 years ago cannot hurt me.

I said 300 decades. That's three thousand years. And why mention Christians, especially?

Extremist Muslims are actively trying to do so.

Evidently with little success so far. I have lived through a thirty-year civil war, two insurgencies and an attempted military coup. A suicide bomber once exploded himself within sight of my girlfriend. She was lucky not to take a hit from shrapnel. I once had to change a tyre on my father's car in the middle of a race-riot. I am not impressed by the 'Radical Muslims are trying to kill me!' argument.

I think you are trying to play Devil's Advocate, which is okay, but surely you must realize this?

No, I don't. Since you mention Christians, you'll find plenty of atrocities — from rape up to and including genocide — extolled in the Bible. You'll find plenty of discriminatory laws in the Pentateuch.

Have you read the Koran? I have. It's a nasty little document, but not, really, any nastier than the Bible. At least it doesn't threaten you with death for cheeking your parents, like the Book of Exodus does. Then again, pardon my asking, but have you read the Bible?

edit on 21/1/15 by Astyanax because: of uncoddling.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Yeah I think that's a bit of a generalisation from Ghandi to be honest...

I made sure to single out the Christian who posted rather than make a blanket statement...

But intolerance is definitely in all beliefs & non-belief demographics.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

A Muslim from today can.

So can a christian, an atheist just about anybody classed as human can but lets all jump on the Muslim are dangerous because the TV says wagon shall we and sing some war tunes to get the folks riled up and wanting to fight.

Extremist Muslims are actively trying to do so.

Real Muslims don't call them that unless they are in a region that can get them killed for speaking up, real Muslims call these extremest criminals going against the teachings of Islam, but who cares the all powerful TV has spoken.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

I said 300 decades.

don't worry in another thread the bigots think 800,000 is half of 1.6 billion, they have completely lost their minds and rationality to think clearly due to their hate.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

I thought I read that somewhere...

Gotta laugh really!

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Holy crap when that guy compared marrying a woman to purchasing an microwave i nearly spit Dr. Pepper across my keyboard it was so funny! Then S got real. After listening to him, I can't say i disagree.

I have, for quite a while now, realized that there are people (men and women, but our subject here is the ladies) who could seriously use a good ol' fashioned beating. One might not be enough, they may need a periodical reminder. Seriously though, im sick of the whole a woman can kick you in the balls, slap your mother, and run over your dog and you're supposed to call the police. BS.

I dont advocate beating women, I just "imagine" it could be one hell of a stress reliever if she's also the source of said stress.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join