It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Is China Building Islands in the South China Sea?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Looking at modern world maps, I see 'Tibet' is no longer marked, its part of China now, the old capital, Lhasa, is there, and that's it... I bet the 'Tibetans' were overjoyed when the Chinese army marched in...

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Kukri

Russia has annexed Crimea, I would say that is expansionist.

Russia's hand was forced into action by the expansionism of NATO and the Western coup in Ukraine... Every action has a reaction. China on the other hand actually needs extra land, and might jump to action, even without being directly provoked in some way.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: AshtarIsBlond

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Kukri

Russia has annexed Crimea, I would say that is expansionist.

Russia's hand was forced into action by the expansionism of NATO and the Western coup in Ukraine... Every action has a reaction. China on the other hand actually needs extra land, and might jump to action, even without being directly provoked in some way.

So are you saying China has the right to steal land hundreds of miles from theier country because of their population? And how can they need extra land when they have entire cities built that have almost no inhabitants in them? It has nothing to do with needing land, and everything to do with stealing resources from other counties that could really use the income from them, as well as the jobs getting those resources could provide. If China wants those resources they should pay the countries that actually do have legitimate claims to them to sell the resources to them, not just try to steal them like the Japanese did in WW2.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: generik

I'm not saying that China has the right to steal land or resources, no country should have that right, but unfortunately we live in a world ruled by bullies. Those cities wouldn't be as empty with lower housing prices. But you're right, I was too hasty with my statement about China needing more land, I take that back... The sad thing is, pretty mutch every nation with considerable power is abusing it's power in one way or another. It's hard to be honest and maintain a high morale when everyone around you is lying, stealing and fighting.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I'm not saying that China has the right to steal land or resources, no country should have that right, but unfortunately we live in a world ruled by bullies.

Totally agree. China is acting in a bullying manner to all those who border the South China Sea, just as Russia has done in Ukraine. China builds artificial Islands and Russia annexes a part of another nations territory. The West has not forced their hands. The are doing this unilaterally.

Regards

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

I'm not saying that China has the right to steal land or resources, no country should have that right, but unfortunately we live in a world ruled by bullies.

Totally agree. China is acting in a bullying manner to all those who border the South China Sea, just as Russia has done in Ukraine. China builds artificial Islands and Russia annexes a part of another nations territory. The West has not forced their hands. The are doing this unilaterally.

That same nation (Ukraine) is in turn bullying (killing) it's own people who refused to accept the new regime which came to power with the help of the West. I'm even kinda glad that Russia annexed Crimea, because if Russia wouldn't have done that, the same "anti-terror"-operation would be slaughtering people in Crimea as well since they also rejected the new government. Nato is (unnecessarily) making Russia the world's number one threat and keeps closing in to the Russian border, how do you expect Russia will react?

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

originally posted by: TiM3LoRd
I imagine building an Island out of a reef is no easy or cheap task.

China has never really bothered about their environmental impact on the world as they mindlessly pollute etc.

I have to wonder on the environmental impact of building new islands on reefs. Presumably, the material for the islands is being sucked up from the surrounding sea.

Some people are looking forward to a Chinese world! God help us.

Regards

I would hardly say im looking forward to a chinese world. Seems a little melodramatic which seems to be the norm on ATS these days all im saying is if they are doing something and if you dont like it stop them if not shut your mouth and watch as someone who can do something does it. No point crying about like a little girl.

Stop them or do stop complaining.

Because they have demonstrated that they dont care what people think so what do you hope to accomplish by crying about it? Feel better now?

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TiM3LoRd

Well we might get to see a possible world where China is the global cop.

on January 16th 700 Chinese peacekeepers were deployed to South Sudan under UN authority.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I always wondered what china would do with all the soil from 3000 miles of tunnels lol

Expect they used a lot on them empty citys to.
edit on 23-1-2015 by joho99 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join