It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you think anything you do matters?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Naturally, there are no such rules that can evaluate the difference between RIGHT and WRONG. So, ultimately nothings matter unless we start to make rules to our consciousness. Consciously it will matter a lot.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   
If when i leave this world it is a better place for me having been in it , even if that difference is impossible to measure then i know i have mattered . And if i matter i will rest peacefully knowing i have helped mankind take a tiny step in the right direction .

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
How can you comprehend the vastness of the universe and of consciousness and still go on to continue thinking that anything you do really matters from a non karmic/ etheric perspective?

Does anything really matter? Everything we do and will do on this earth and in this universe will be destroyed, the physical memory of it will be destroyed. We are stuck on an infinite life/death loop with no hope for escape.

Nope nothing matters at all, we give it illusionary importance due to our desires.

In fact some believe we dont even exist nor will we ever.

All is illusionary to some, to others all is god, and to some others all is material.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 02:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
Many times, the things we do change another persons energy (soul), in a positive or negative way. Energy never dies. Therefore, all the things we do that effect the thoughts and actions of others, which in turn effects their energy (soul), .... matter.

Short of killing someone, which would transform but not destroy energy, how can anything we do change anyone's "energy"?

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 02:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

Many times, the things we do change another persons energy (soul), in a positive or negative way. Energy never dies. Therefore, all the things we do that effect the thoughts and actions of others, which in turn effects their energy (soul), .... matter.

Short of killing someone, which would transform but not destroy energy, how can anything we do change anyone's "energy"?

Um Duh its just the science of intention:

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   
When you look at your body on the microscopic level, you can be considered one of the most complex machines in existence, perhaps as complex as the structures of the universe.

Take the mechanisms of the simple cell:

It is a question of relativity.

When it comes to death, it must have a purpose, the obvious one, is so that we can evolve, so old models can be replaced with new ones, so we can adapt and grow.

When it comes to consciousness, all the consciousness you know is your own, what matters is really all that pertains to you, you don't need to be concerned with the universe at large because it is really irrelevant when you steer your own ship and concern yourself with being independent.

We really do not know what happens when we die, all we have are various texts and religious doctrines, that could be largely inaccurate.

I posit that the reason why we are not allowed to remember what was happening before we were born, or what usually happens after we die is so that we cannot tell whether or not this life is the only one we have. If we were to know that we continue to exist after the death of our physical body, with a substantial degree of certainty, many would simply commit suicide to "escape" and also they would demean the value of living in a body and thus we would not be as prosperous as we are in the physical world.

It's quite clever, we cannot tell whether or not we will continue to exist, either we do or we don't, and essentially we don't know for certain either way.

Just because a question cannot be answered, it does not mean that the (or any) answer is false.
edit on 19-1-2015 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

I'm not sure everything requires a scientific explanation - or a debunking

What she said is true enough if you think about it - even just metaphorically

Her post was enough to affect me positively - was an especially nice thing to read first thing in the morning. I'll carry that lift with me as I begin my day - it might even last the rest of the day

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

The very fact that a person can move a rock from one place to another proves one person can change the universe.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

originally posted by: Tangerine

My question was about changing energy not intent.

Um Duh its just the science of intention:

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
a reply to: Tangerine

I'm not sure everything requires a scientific explanation - or a debunking

What she said is true enough if you think about it - even just metaphorically

Her post was enough to affect me positively - was an especially nice thing to read first thing in the morning. I'll carry that lift with me as I begin my day - it might even last the rest of the day

Her claim was clearly within the realm of science (ie. altering energy), hence my question which remains unanswered by the poster.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
yeah well when you make wild assumptions like such as

" Everything we do and will do on this earth and in this universe will be destroyed, the physical memory of it will be destroyed. We are stuck on an infinite life/death loop with no hope for escape"

then yeah i guess everything seems pretty pointless. and wtf is a "physical memory". if you way of thinking doesnt make you feel good then find another one.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Let me say "time lines"
if you travel back in time
and make a change even a small one,
the father up time the more changes are happening.

say you go back 10 billion years and kill a bug.
that but could be the one that evolves in to man!

or you step on a crossing and a car has to wait for you.
that has slowed the car down.
10 minutes later a 6 year old girl runs across the road.
No car is there to kill her.

just because you can not see BIG changes
does not mean they dont happen.

or every little helps!

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear

Even modern physics has weighed in on this:

edge.org...

Thanks for that link!
Interesting read for sure.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
It's all perspective - Everything is relative... In the universal grand scheme we are perhaps a solitary cell on a grain of sand in an immense ocean with minimal impact on anything... However, within the confines of our human lives, everything matters... Both physical and emotional energy runs deep within our planet affecting all living organisms... Whether we feel it deeply or not, the butterfly effect is ever-present...

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
How can you comprehend the vastness of the universe and of consciousness and still go on to continue thinking that anything you do really matters from a non karmic/ etheric perspective?

Does anything really matter? Everything we do and will do on this earth and in this universe will be destroyed, the physical memory of it will be destroyed. We are stuck on an infinite life/death loop with no hope for escape.

Good question. Billions of years from now as our Sun gets close to destroying life on earth permanently, maybe, you will not be remembered. However, what we do, we do for the present, for there really is no time like right NOW! It's all we ever have. The Now. That's why we do the things we do. It amuses me to post here, now. That's why I do it. Hmmmm

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   

If nothing matters, why are you reading this reply?

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Easy to dream a dream, though it’s harder to live it.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: buddha
Let me say "time lines"

if you travel back in time

and make a change even a small one,

the father up time the more changes are happening.

say you go back 10 billion years and kill a bug.

that but could be the one that evolves in to man!

or you step on a crossing and a car has to wait for you.

that has slowed the car down.

10 minutes later a 6 year old girl runs across the road.

No car is there to kill her.

just because you can not see BIG changes

does not mean they dont happen.

or every little helps!

Lolz no no and no again. . . .

Sure you can change history but that changes into what we know as a different time line.
The universe is an infinate thing and so is everything for that matter.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   

The way I see it the whole world could be an illusionary computer program designed by aliens (or something equally bizarre). However, I still feel pain, fear, happiness, pleasure etc. So my goal should be to reduce the negative and maximize the positive in life. Even if my existence is an illusion my feelings are still real enough to me!

Basic Freudian psychology: maximize pleasure and avoid pain

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I'm going with the butterfly Effect. Energy is everywhere in some form or another. You may not see the effect but it is there and happening. An avalanche can be caused by the slightest vibration. Who is to say that the same thing doesn't happen in some form or another in this vast universe. So yes we all matter, our actions no matter how small do have an effect too someone or something, somewhere.

edit on 21-1-2015 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join