It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Cthulhu Mythos anthology

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
That Is Not Dead is a book of new stories edited by Darrel Schweitzer which are based on the cosmic horror theme throughout history. It will be published next month. I will definitely be buying it because I enjoy all that cosmic horror of gods and monsters.
The website list the stories that will feature in the book.

blackgate.com

IA CTHULHU!
edit on 18-1-2015 by Tindalos2013 because: typo.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Tindalos2013

Joshi and Turtledove are always good.

Too bad nothing by Lumley who always has well written stories in this genre.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I really like his Titus Crow stories. BL really captures the mood and perils of the Dreamlands.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

hmm - not my " usual choice " but tempted - i have [ latley ] gravitated towards stuff written for the " delta green " take on the mythos world - ie what happened after innsmouth and upto present day

ia ia cthulhu fataghan

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Yog shoggoth brother.
Looks worth a read.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Ah, cool, thanks for the heads up! Admittedly, I am a sucker for 'lovecraftian' and other cosmic horror themed collections. On a related note, I just discovered, while dreadfully ill and having not much to do, that The Whisperer in Darkness was actually made into a film a few years back. Wonder if its been executed well.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Ashirah

Another book that would fit nicely in the cosmic horror category is The Hungry Moon written by Ramsey Campbell. I happened to chance across it as I was browsing a book market stall in my home town. After I read the blurb on the book's back cover I purchased it immediately. It was a good buy and a better read.

Thanks for reminding me about The Whisperer in Darkness film. I will definitely have to watch it sometime.

edit on 19-1-2015 by Tindalos2013 because: text addition.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ashirah
On a related note, I just discovered, while dreadfully ill and having not much to do, that The Whisperer in Darkness was actually made into a film a few years back. Wonder if its been executed well.

For the miniscule operating budget that the Lovercraft Society had to make this film it is surprisingly well done and the atmosphere is what one envisions while reading his books.

I still hold out hope that Del Toro will eventually make At the Mountains of Madness.

new topics

top topics

join