It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamic State throws men off building for ‘being gay’

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I invite all with knowledge of the text to correct these. One at a time let us get to the bottom of it.

First let's understand that the bible verses is not an excuse for the violence i believe to be in the koran.

In christianity we had a great sacrifice that came and reformed the religion and gave us many wise non violent words in the new testament.

So let us focus on the koran here and not cop out.

Please do correct anything like context or mis quoting. I depend on your knowledge in the matter not mine

[2.178]...retaliation is prescribed for you in the matter of the slain... [2.179] ...there is life for you in (the law of) retaliation, O men of understanding, that you may guard yourselves.

When i read something like this is there a point of reformation that negates this?

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

This highlights the true problem that is how the extremist hide behind the rest as they all just go along to get along and even possibly get some sense of satisfaction from murder being committed by the radicals. The peaceful ones put up just enough feel good front to keep the whole thing going.

So they are no different than the majority of the world and the US population?
Kind of like the whole Saddam Hussein thing with WMD. The few leaders said lets go to war the rest just kind of wen't with it.

Like the few in charge of the US gov't is taking away our personal freedom and the majority just kind of going with it.

Like how the few in charge always find a target to go to war with that has some valuable resource, and the majority just kind of row with it.

Like the few in charge say they hate us simply for being American and having to much things and not because he have been meddling in their affairs for centuries nor the fact that we encourage war and turmoil on their soil, Coincidently enough those same few also are direct benecfactor$ of that turmoil?

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   

In christianity we had a great sacrifice that came and reformed the religion and gave us many wise non violent words in the new testament.

So man rewrote the words of God?

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Like the few in charge say they hate us simply for being American

It is entire countries not just a few in charge

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

no

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

1. Aren't you and the MSM, trying to get the US and the WORLD to hate them?

2. Why do they hate us?

edit on 52131America/ChicagoThu, 22 Jan 2015 11:52:19 -0600up3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

no

So we agree that the new testament and religion is not the word of God?

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   

no do you have a point you would like to make?

If you are truely wondering the process is outlined several times in the bible.

The spirit decends upon a person chosen by God and he is then acting as a scribe dictating the word.

Check out jeremiah. You will not find any overwhelming evidence that will change your pov alone.

It is a spiritual matter and requires faith.

Open your heart to guidence and you will know.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

1. Aren't you and the MSM, trying to get the US and the WORLD to hate them?

2. Why do they hate us?

1. My goal is that peacful muslims could start to address the post at the top of this page and realize that reformation is needed before the koran can reflect the will of it's followers. Until then their desire for peace will continue to be used as cover for a hijacking of the world to be transformed into the likeness of the isis state.

2. Again just refer to the post at the top of the page. The koran without clear reformation is being used accuratly to fuel an attempt to transform the world into a huge one world government state that resembles isis.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Even reformation itself will be a battle of it's own. There are differing opinions i believe in islam of how any new such scriptures could be givin to the book. I think some believe it can only come through a certain bloodline and others believe that the spirit will be in an unknown man. So even if one such as the head of isis claiming dna tries to add to the book as profit it will not be accepted. Now if the real prophet shows up somewhere and tries reformation that will cause war also.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   

no do you have a point you would like to make?

It appears to me that your post is very hypocritical, see my previous responses to some of your comments.

I see Christians as much as the Radical Muslims trying to cause a religious war. Every time their is a terrorist act , Christian are their to point the finger at ISLAM despite the fact that numerous Muslim organizations and leaders decry the acts. Also Christians or other non Muslim religions conveniently ignore the small percentage of radicals versus the total number of Muslims world wide.

Can the Muslim leaders and Organizations do a better job in getting their message out to decry terrorism, I think they can and IMO they should to be honest.

However, I also see far more Christians spreading the word of hate or intolerance for Islam than how they can coexist as well . Nor do I hear much about how Christians and Muslims have united to fight terrorism. Instead its about hate and intolerance between two silly belief system based on gut feelings.

Its appears that religions have outlived their usefulness (if they ever had one) , now is apparently causing more harm than good and being utilized as a cover to cause harm on epic scales.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

There can denounce the acts till they die but it does not change the factual message (not interputed message) that is found throughout the koran. You pointing at hypocrisy is just another attempt at deflection at the root problem i have outlined correctly.

I would join you in other debates about christianity but really the thorn in the worlds side is the pages in the koran calling for death and violence and the problem of hate and intolerance in christianity is a managable one.

Again my goal is not too overlook all the worlds problem but to try to begin to deal with the biggest one first. If we do not all come together without deflecting then we all lose again.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: markosity1973

I never said it was justifiable. Why do you guys ALWAYS assume that I am sympathizing with terrorist actions? That I condone these things? I don't. I'm just trying to get you guys to stop judging the entire population for the sins of the few. Maybe I should start calling all Christians pedophiles then?

Okay let me clarify for you too;

Any Muslim who is prepared to pick up a gun and fight Islamic terrorist is not the enemy. Any Muslim who makes their stance against sharia law and radicalism known is not the enemy. I too know Muslims and most of them are absolutely terrified of the Islamic radicals. They however are too afraid to speak up because they are an even easier target for the radicals than the rest of us. I speak for them too.

Maybe to clarify we need to call the people we actually mean Islamists i.e. those dedicated to spreading Islam through whatever means necessary and those who support sharia law.

You've said you work with Muslims and they are no threat. I don't doubt you, but at the same time there are plenty out there still in our own back yards that are. These are the Islamists I speak of when I speak out against Muslims in general.
edit on 22-1-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

There can denounce the acts till they die but it does not change the factual message (not interputed message) that is found throughout the koran. You pointing at hypocrisy is just another attempt at deflection at the root problem i have outlined correctly.

And yet, we can play the to-and-fro game all we like.

Cruelty and Violence

Murder in the Bible

Can you, with your hand on your heart, tell me these aren't taken from the Bible?

Religiously-motivated abuse, violence, murder, mass murder, terrorism & genocide

It is my opinion that fundamentalism of any kind is anathema to human cooperation.
edit on 22-1-2015 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

Well no crap... The bad people are bad. The good people are good. The crux of the issue is telling them apart. I can tell you that lumping them all in as one group isn't a good way of going about doing it though. That has NEVER turned out well for us in the past. Just ask black people, the Native Americas, the Asians, the Jews, the Irish, etc. Not sure why you'd think it would go any better or is justified in this situation.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: aorAki

I can tell you that i have adressed that multiple times in this thread. Christianity is not the problem here.

Christianity went through reformation.

The koran still has verses calling for death today that are open ended from times long ago.

The problem everyone has is they think deflecting will solve anything or make them right.

The radical people that get inspired by learning war verses from times past are now trying to take over the world.

Any christian fundie claiming the bible tells them to do violence can be honestly scripturally shown that they are going against the verses in the bible.
edit on 22-1-2015 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Christianity is not the problem here.

It is still a problem, however.
What's good for the goose is good for the gander: New Testament Cruelty

Any ideology which is about power and control (Christianity/Islam for example) shows itself, ultimately, to be hypocritical....

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

cruelty is a matter of morality and perspective.

death is final

the comparisons are not the same

example is that cruelty can be adressed through education and debate

calls for death residing in the fundemental pages of the koran remain as a permenant call for violence that can only be stopped by force or reformation.
edit on 22-1-2015 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Remember this? Perception is reality.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

....thank you. There is exhortation for the death of others in the New Testament.

I guess you didn't look at my link?

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23 >>

join