It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamic State throws men off building for ‘being gay’

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

They are at war in Syria and Iraq, also Afghanistan, also Egypt and Yemen and many many other places.. and wherever you find them, is not limited in space.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: aorAki
Bahaha Zing.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

Well I've been calling for us to leave those areas, but everyone thinks I'm a terrorist sympathizer for saying such blasphemy.

edit on 21-1-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

I spent years calling for us not to involve ourselves in any of them but one... Afghanistan. That one was necessary.. none of the others were.

Yet.. now its too late.. no one listened. Now we will have to deal with all that.

And the true believers, will be the ones we have to deal with...
edit on 21-1-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

So you agree with deadeyedick's cherry picking here, but my cherry picking isn't ok? Got it, double standard set.

You are being very fake. That is not cherry picking. The two sites listed every verse in the koran that calls for violence. It is over 150. One of the sites was leaving parts of the verses out. Either way the fact remains that there are calls for death by followers in the text. That is clearly the problem you want to ignore but millions do not ignore the calls. If you put the calls aside then it would be a very beautiful religion but until that happens everyone that ignores the parts they do not like and claim it is simply a religion of peace are just fooling themselves and creating cover for the killings in the name of allah. You my friend make them smile with all your defensive post.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

And I keep telling you that people do the same damn thing with the bible. And that is REGARDLESS of what you THINK the message in the bible is saying. People do it anyways. You can call them not Christians (No Scotsman fallacy) all you want, but at the end of the day, there are MANY Christians out there who cherry pick verses from the bible, both old and new testaments, so that they can justify violence. It happens ALL the time, and has happened since your religion was founded. Both Islam and Christianity are guilty of this, because neither book has a clear, precise interpretation of what is being said in them. Any yahoo can pick it up and make it say whatever they want it to say. You are the pot calling the kettle black, and the fact that you cannot see this is confounding.

For the record, I hate both of these religions, but at least I care enough not to stereotype the actions of the many over the actions of the few. That isn't fair. I'd rather judge the individual, NOT the group.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   

look, radicalization at current moment and over the last couple decades is a loosing battle. It really is..

Plus, you cannot tell who is a radical and who is not unless they are honest with you about their beliefs. I married a Muslim who everyone thought had good beliefs, only to find out he was a radical after I was married to him and it was too late.

Unless they are honest, you just don't know, and many of those radicalized wont talk about their true beliefs openly. Radicalization is a problem, and there are a lot of Muslims in the world, and a percentage have been radicalized, and the more Islam grows, the more opportunity for the growth of radical Islam as well.

You cannot just ignore it and think it will just go away. It's not.. its growing.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   

The bible does not have any calls for killing by followers in it since the cross.

The koran currently has over a hundred calls for followers to kill others in it.

Understand that if not for the sacrifice on the cross then the bible would be exactly the same as the koran in that respect.

When defending the koran saying is not a religion that promotes death by followers one has to not be honest or they have to be ignorrant of the many verses.

When one uses the bible in the same fashion followers can honestly tell that person they are wrong,mistaken or a liar.

there is a difference and that difference is how the terrorist use the peaceful people as cover because they are quick to spread the falsehood that it is a peaceful religion. i do feel sad for them but i can not sit here and not tell the truth.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

The bible does not have any calls for killing by followers in it since the cross.

Who cares? The passages are still used to in that manner. You can tell me this all day, it doesn't magically make your point more valid. Christians USE the passages I mentioned to justify violence. It is a fact of life, regardless of how valid you think those interpretations are.

The koran currently has over a hundred calls for followers to kill others in it.

Understand that if not for the sacrifice on the cross then the bible would be exactly the same as the koran in that respect.

It's funny that you don't see the death on the cross as a violent act that god condoned, but whatever. Different thread for that conversation.

When defending the koran saying is not a religion that promotes death by followers one has to not be honest or they have to be ignorrant of the many verses.

When one uses the bible in the same fashion followers can honestly tell that person they are wrong,mistaken or a liar.

And the beauty of the bible (as well as any other religious text) is that you are both right. No one knows exactly what those books are supposed to be saying since everyone and their brother has a personal interpretation of them. You can tell that person he is a liar, but he may fervently believe that YOU are the liar and his interpretation is correct. So, it's a useless argument. It's just easier and better to lump them all in the same pile.

there is a difference and that difference is how the terrorist use the peaceful people as cover because they are quick to spread the falsehood that it is a peaceful religion. i do feel sad for them but i can not sit here and not tell the truth.

Sure. Whatever. The same rhetoric. Christianity is great and awesome, and Islam is evil and intolerant. You need some honest reflection on your beliefs. You don't hold the same standards for them as you do for others' beliefs (this goes for more than just this conversation btw).

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   

I can ignore it and I do ignore it. I don't spend very much time at all worrying that a Muslim is going to blow me up anytime soon, and I work with a bunch of them. My company is ran by a bunch of Pakistanis (as well as people from all over the world) and we have tons of Muslims there. To the point that I, as a white person, am a minority. I get along just fine with them.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Here is to hoping it keeps up!

But, I'm a realist, I don't see it keeping up long, because I don't see people changing either.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Neither do I. That's why I believe the racism and xenophobia will only get worse. Xenophobia is never in the domain of the rational though, so good luck with that viewpoint.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Its not xenophobia that will cause this, not at all. If you think that is the cause of radicalization, then you have never been more wrong in your life.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB

Its not xenophobia that will cause this, not at all. If you think that is the cause of radicalization, then you have never been more wrong in your life.

It won't be the spark that gets the tinder going, but it'll be the accelerant that forges an all-consuming wildfire. Hate runs on it, to the point of it being a key catalyst in conflicts between differing cultures & religions. The verses taught lose some meaning, and the deep-seeded, stoked hatred runs on it's own. That's what's going to consume mankind if we don't get a grip, especially in the West where all we do is finger-point til we're blue in the face. Blame eggs on anger & vice versa.
edit on 1/21/2015 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   

I think the reasons for radicalization are very nuanced and depend on the situation of the person being radicalized (and yes much of that has to do with xenophobia as well). When I spoke about xenophobia, I was talking about Islamophobia.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I think the reasons for radicalization are very nuanced and depend on the situation of the person being radicalized (and yes much of that has to do with xenophobia as well). When I spoke about xenophobia, I was talking about Islamophobia.

You can say xenophobia and islamophobia all you want.

The fact still remain that in the OP article two men were judged under Islamic Sharia law for the 'sin' of being different then thrown to their deaths of the roof of a multistory building. Different specifically being gay in this case.

How is this justifiable in any society?
edit on 22-1-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 05:41 AM
link   
If anyone remembers the saddam torture tapes, Iraqi intelligence loved throwing people off buildings as punishment. This is more so an Iraqi cultural exhibition at work rather than an Islamic one, because nowhere in history were gays killed on religious grounds. It's illegal to be gay if you're unfortunate enough to be a Muslim (sarcasm) but they never killed you for it nor does sharia prescribe execution for most crimes.
edit on 22-1-2015 by Mehmet666Heineken because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

I never said it was justifiable. Why do you guys ALWAYS assume that I am sympathizing with terrorist actions? That I condone these things? I don't. I'm just trying to get you guys to stop judging the entire population for the sins of the few. Maybe I should start calling all Christians pedophiles then?

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

That's not fair lumping all bigots together as not possessing basic math aptitude.

Lumping all bigots, No I asked a question, didn't make a statement.

Like I said in another thread the hate people have has taken a drastic effect on the critical and rational thinking, I know because when I get angered and have hateful thoughts I loose my mind as well and have trouble thinking straight.

Ignorance of ones hatred is such an issue on these boards that its as clear as day to me and a clear sign of things to come and its whats no wants but everyone keeps warning the other side of if they don't act to stop their own.

Your reply just gives me more evidence of this fact, you didn't comprehend I asked a question even though you answered after you implied I made a statement lumping things together so I really don't get how lost some are on this site at the moment.

The hate people have eats them up and leaves who know what.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

i am talking about the scriptures of the koran telling followers to kill others. It is a fact!

yes to to the ignorant that choose what words and lines they want read on focus on out of context.

jihad is murder! it is called for in the koran

Well then if you choose to interpret it as such then ( I hate doing this, as it seems like they did this, Oh but they did that game you guys love to play around here in religious threads)

then Christianity calls for yourself to be suicide d by your own doing whether that be taking your own or doing something like pointing a fake gun at a cop so they kill you.

I know what both are about and how stupid the example is but your interpretation of Jihad and Islam is like the example I gave about suiciding oneself because Jesus knew he was going to his death by his own words and actions.

Man when will an asteroid destroy this hate filled place so the real peaceful beings can live in harmony in their life after death and all you haters can keep on hating each other in your life after death in a separate reality to the real Christians and Muslims.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join