It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamic State throws men off building for ‘being gay’

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Religion is a powerful tool, Misused by the evil, to create divisions in our cultures. ...

bad semantics by some here. ...

Eta.... tools are wholly incapable of operating without human intervention
edit on 1/18/2015 by balanc3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: ausername

originally posted by: ausername

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

You don't believe it's being used now? In the present tense?

Sure of course I never denied that........

My point is i dont think its fair to blanket religions as dangerous.........when its the people using it as a weapon that are dangerous.....

Really?... It was "people" that created religions.

If you know anything about the true nature of people, then you should know all you need to know about religions.

That statement is patently false........

There are plenty of people out there who follow theologies that advocate the harming and subjugation of none.......

So to try and make a case that all religions were started as a method of control is ridiculous.......

Now have people USED them to do so? of course they have....

have people used other things as a method of control, of course....

Again its not mutually exclusive to Religion

No, it is exclusive to human nature. The naturally flawed and inherently corruptible nature of man.

Absolutely agree.......I hope that some day we can evolve beyond that.......

It's not something evolution can fix. We are made this way for a reason.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
I think his teaching the Arabs not to bury their daughters alive in the Sand was a message from God...
As well as many other things he said...

Really??? You don't think maybe someone could figure that one out on their own??? People actually needed God to tell them not to bury their daughters alive???

You'd have to be pretty messed up to require a supreme being to inform you not to bury you're own offspring alive.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

There is one tidbit that i found in big mo's story of becoming a messenger and if true it is a big clue as to the identy of who he was in contact with. I have read that he refused the one trying to enter him a couple times and that it resulted in pain for big mo. Is there any truth to the story of rejection of the message and him being hurt into submission?

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: balanc3
Religion is a powerful tool, Misused by the evil, to create divisions in our cultures. ...

bad semantics by some here. ...

Eta.... tools are wholly incapable of operating without human intervention

I think it is more like we live in a giant brain with two halves and religion is an attempt to control the functions. Each side is making plans to dominate the body. I think it really boils down to right brain and left brain attempting to take complete control and we maintain the balance by having views that fit in one of the two catagories. Red is right and blue is left in politics and often that can summ up people better than what religion they cling too.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

1400 years ago?

Really?

You have no idea what sort of influence they had in their daily lives before this message was given to them!

Even in this day and age babies end up in the trash...

& China?... I guess they're just pretty messed up?

It couldn't have been a form of government control could it?
From the Romans & Persians trying to kill of the Arabs?

You made it sound so simple.
edit on 18-1-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

I have only heard that from certain sources claiming "demonic possession"...

I haven't found any Islamic scripture to back that up.

The best we have is claims that Muhammad was reluctant to listen to the revelations, spoke to his older relative who informed him, after Muhammad described the experience, that Angel Gabriel was trying to share a message.

The messages continued again on seperate occasions, always with a new verse of the Quran.

edit on 18-1-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   

i did not claim any thing demonic. I was asking you specifically if there was any form of physical persuation involved. I am fairly certain the answer is yes. I was gonna wait to clain the demon possession.lol

So violence involved yes or no?

You know in your heart that a messenger of GOD has much more in the arsenal than violence and GOD would not send an angel out half cocked. He would know before hand and use other methods to convince.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

1400 years ago?

Really?

Go back 5,000 years if you want to or 10,000. Obviously someone knew not to bury their offspring alive or nobody would be here!!

Somehow primitive man figured it out so what happened to these people???

You have no idea what sort of influence they hd in their daily lives before this message was given to them!

Something tells me the influence they had in their lives was some pseudo Religious or Patriarch Ruler who told them to do it in the first place because the God's wanted them to sacrifice their children to the Rain God or some BS. Any woman who gives birth and isn't a mental case has a natural instinct to protect her children. Even if the Males of the Species might not the Females do. Not to mention just about every other intelligent animal on the planet.

Even in this day and age babies end up in the trash...

& China?... I guess they're just pretty messed up?

It couldn't have been a form of government control could it?
From the Romans & Persians trying to kill of the Arabs?

You made it sound so simple.

Sure, it happens. Even today. I'm not saying it could never happen. However, typically when it does happen it's done by some pretty messed up individuals or because of some extreme crazy reason.

I'm not sure what you're talking about exactly when you say they bury their daughters alive in the sand or how common that practice may have been exactly. But in no way do I think it takes a God to tell people not to do that before they realize that it's a bad idea. People still had some kind of sympathy toward others even back then. I'd be more inclined to believe that before someone told them it was bad to bury their kids alive someone else convinced them that it was a good idea for some other reason and it just took them a while to realize how stupid and cruel it was for them to go along with it.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   

I was informing you that the sources that mention a painful experience also claim demonic possession, I never said that's what you were claiming.

Violence involved in what exactly?

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

Sure, Gays are flying right off the tops of churches all over the country. It's a regular party.

They would if they could. There have been attempts to pass anti-gay laws. Remember Moral Majority?

American evangelists, including Pat Robertson, have been influencing African politics regarding homosexuality.

Uganda Anti-Homosexuality Act, 2014
It’s Not Just Uganda: Behind the Christian Right’s Onslaught in Africa

I believe that if the extreme right Christians who are against homosexuality are allowed to do whatever they want, they will do something like this.

Anyway, no matter what religion it is, extremism is a disease and cancer on society and kills innocent people.
edit on 1/18/2015 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/18/2015 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   

There were a number of reasons for people burying their daughters alive at the time.

You'd probably find more information if you looked into it than in a back and forth with me to be honest.

The point Muhammad made was not that they needed God to know it was cruel & barbaric...

But that they would be judged for doing so and those who protected the ritual at the time were leading them astray.

Part of the problem was an equality thing, they at the time felt daughters were inferior to sons...

Muhammad expressed that if God willed them a daughter, who were they to then decide that males are more important.

Like I say though, you'd find more if you research it in its entirety rather than listen to me half explaining things.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   

in the interaction between the messenger and the so called prophet.

Was violence used to change the prophets mind about who the angel was?

By violence i mean physical contact that resulted in injury.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

duh
if murder were legal we would all be dead

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Beware the beast Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him; drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.

That's a quaint quote (and I love The Planet of the Apes) but it is patently wrong, as illustrated by this very quick, simple and incomplete search: Why Chimpanzees attack...

Murder 'comes naturally' to Chimpanzees

I'm not a big fan of religion. I see it as unnecessary and I don't believe in God. I feel that all the 'free will' arguments are a cop out and that there is so much pain, bloodshed, disease, hurt and downright inhumanity that, for me, proves there is no god (if, let's say for the sake of argument, there was a god, why would he/she/it let all of this go on? Childhood leukaemia? Cool, just let it slide. Rape? No worries. Murder? Not a problem. Cancer? Sweet. Injustice? Not my problem, discrimination against homosexuals? Well, I designed them that way so my intolerant followers can have something to hate on...etc etc).
I agree that it is more about human nature, and that essentially we're all pricks and greedy and that it's just a matter of scale. Certainly religion doesn't do anything to change this perception and it's just another form of control and obeisance.
This can be nicely illustrated by the attitude of most religions towards homosexuality. Why did 'god' 'design' gay people only to turn his back on them, so to speak?
God is the biggest prick of all.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   

What does that have to do with what I replied to that guy? And no if murder was legal we wouldn't be all dead.

Anyway the POINT is that extreme right-wing Christians are not exempted. It does not matter what religion it is.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Not as far as I know.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: aorAki

It's not for me to answer those heartbreaking questions...

I am not qualified to answer them.

Do you think those injustices are the be all & end all when we pass away?

Someone has a #ty life, dies & has no reward for their patience in this Life?

Are you spiritual at all?

Do you think those that deliver these injustices live an easy life, die & go unpunished?

I believe Judgement awaits us all...
& this is not the Life with Divine Intervention, but Divine Guidance.

What comes next, will answer all those questions you face, and many believers too!

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: aorAki

agreed

I dont believe for a second that god exists . But even if he did, there is no way I would worship that sicko. No way Jose. He is a DESPICABLE figure and i cannot fathom why anyone would worship him.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: infinityorder

As for your come and get.....lol the us military alone defeat islams most powerful military force iraq in less than 2 weeks.

You thought Iraq was Islam's most powerful force? You don't know jack about the military forces of Muslim nations. Right now the most powerful Muslim nation is Turkey they rank 8th in the world.

The muslim world can not even attempt to fight the west.

They can very easily attempt a fight on the west. Thanks to the ignorant war on terrorism our military is worn out. Our equipment is going down and our soldiers are committing suicide on a daily basis. More of them have killed themselves than have died in this useless war. Also if our military is so awesome then why the hell is Afghanistan taking so long?

Simple..it is not total war, it is bs rules that tie our soldiers hands behind their backs.

If it was actual total war, we have depopulated the place in less than a year.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join