It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kentucky proposal: Encounter a transgender person in the wrong restroom, sue for up to $2,500

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daedal
a reply to: eisegesis

I think you misunderstood me.

Then clarify or you remain misunderstood. I'll try another angle. I'm guessing THIS is what you meant?

If you're gay, lesbian, transgender, cyborg, keep it to yourself. You will all be afforded the same rights if you just keep your mouths shut and stop telling everybody all about it. They are making it an issue by wanting to come out of the closet and tell EVERYBODY all about it.

If that's what you meant then what happens when they decide to get married? What happens when they put on a wig and makeup and go out in public? What do certain people do when a gay lisp prevents them from getting a job?

If everybody looked and sounded the same then I would agree that nobody really needs to know and there isn't much of a point in telling anybody, but is not how our flawed society works. We would all have to dress in grey jumpsuits and sound exactly the same to prevent someone getting offended when judging us by our exteriors.

OR

You could just clarify what you meant!

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Nope. The other way around. They as in, individuals such as the OP describes, continue to make it an issue by criminalizing those who are different and spotlighting the difference continually.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
a reply to: Cuervo

This law would create the scenario of a woman with breasts and a vagina to be forced to use the men's room and showers. What do they think will happen?!

How would they be forced? I think you read it backwards. The bill would take away their right to choose, not force them to use the bathroom of the gender they associate with.

If their freedom to choose which restroom to use existed, it would come down to a choice of concealing your identity which is degrading to some. The hope would be that a transgender woman would understand the risk of entering a male restroom and gladly deal with being uncomfortable in a female restroom for safety reasons.

Possibly get raped and beaten or be uncomfortable using a woman's bathroom. An easy decision if you ask me.

No, I read it right. It would force fully transitioned women to use the men's room. If I fully transition someday, I will NOT use a men's room. I'll hold it in until I'm home.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Nope. The other way around. They as in, individuals such as the OP describes, continue to make it an issue by criminalizing those who are different and spotlighting the difference continually.

Don't worry, I understood what you meant. I think I've been getting read backwards, too.

With issues like this, people get vigilant and are already prepared to defend a position (which totally makes sense) but that sometimes leads to an expectation of opposition when there sometimes isn't any.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Life is very simple. We choose to make it complicated.
If you have a penis, you use the men's room.
It doesn't matter what your sexual preference is. I have shared the men's room with gay men for over thirty years without a single incident. It doesn't matter who you feel like you are inside. I feel like a 7' black man trapped inside a 5'7" white mans body, but the NBA doesn't seem to give a F###.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: riffraff
Life is very simple. We choose to make it complicated.
If you have a penis, you use the men's room.
It doesn't matter what your sexual preference is. I have shared the men's room with gay men for over thirty years without a single incident. It doesn't matter who you feel like you are inside. I feel like a 7' black man trapped inside a 5'7" white mans body, but the NBA doesn't seem to give a F###.

Sexual orientation is not a preference. It's a birth right.

Transgender is not determined by the physical wrapping.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedal

Ahh, my apologies. Thanks for clearing that up. You're absolutely right.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

Don't worry, I understood what you meant. I think I've been getting read backwards, too.

With issues like this, people get vigilant and are already prepared to defend a position (which totally makes sense) but that sometimes leads to an expectation of opposition when there sometimes isn't any.

C'mon, water under the bridge.

My apologies to you as well. I honestly did not read it correctly. How often does an ATS member admit when they were wrong, lol?

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

No worries man.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

C'mon, water under the bridge.

My apologies to you as well. I honestly did not read it correctly. How often does an ATS member admit when they were wrong, lol?

U mad bro?

Heh heh. No, I don't think anybody is upset here. It's a touchy subject and I would rather see people error on the side of vigilance than ignorance. I admittedly do it all the time and people have to call me out on it.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Maybe the government will spend a billion dollars to add a third option bathroom to schools. ..like they haven't spent more on dumber things.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: JHumm
Maybe the government will spend a billion dollars to add a third option bathroom to schools. ..like they haven't spent more on dumber things.

That sets the child apart. It's discrimination.

In a first-of-its-kind ruling, a Maine court awarded the family of a transgender girl a $75,000 lawsuit settlement from the school district that had forced her to use a staff bathroom, instead of allowing her to use the same girls’ room as other students.

rt.com...

edit on 18-1-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: nullafides
a reply to: EternalSolace

OMG....women/girls running around in the men's room....boys/men running around in the women's room...

THE HORROR!!!!!

What's next? We find out that Republicans and Democrats are actually two puppets used by the same puppeteer? Santa Claus and Baby Jebus are one and the same? Social Security benefits will be available to you?

RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!! CHANGE IS COMING!!!! THE END IS NIGH!!!!

-NF

So what's your objection that somebody who has a penis is required to use facilities designated for people who have a penis?

Is the world going to end if the person with the penis is not allowed to pee in a room that has been set aside for people who have a vagina?

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Possibly get raped and beaten or be uncomfortable using a woman's bathroom. An easy decision if you ask me.

Yes. People need to understand and accept what transgender is --- first.

Many refuse to do so. They can't/won't open their mind to this natural birth orientation.

Making a human being is extremely complex. It's a "mix & stir" of a plethora of ingredients. All shades of gray --- not black and white.

Yes, and that includes transgenders understanding what transgender is in context of the society they live.

The overwhelming majority is not transgender. Facilities were created based on who has a penis and who has a vagina, not on what gender somebody identifies with.

Those with penises have one place to go.

Thoese with a vagina another place to go.

The process in the bathroom might take a few minutes to complete.

It is not discriminatory to have rooms designated by body parts. A tiny, fractional minority does not have the moral, social, or legal authority to redefine the definition of "male" and "female" to the rest of society.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1

Many refuse to do so. They can't/won't open their mind to this natural birth orientation.

Making a human being is extremely complex. It's a "mix & stir" of a plethora of ingredients. All shades of gray --- not black and white.

Yes, and that includes transgenders understanding what transgender is in context of the society they live.

The overwhelming majority is not transgender. Facilities were created based on who has a penis and who has a vagina, not on what gender somebody identifies with.

It is not discriminatory to have rooms designated by body parts. A tiny, fractional minority does not have the moral, social, or legal authority to redefine the definition of "male" and "female" to the rest of society.

I live in the now and move forward. I am not a "that's the way it's always been person".

To the person who is the minority, they are the most important person in the world when it comes to equality. They are not responsible for or to the masses.

I will continue to support new laws evolving equal rights in society.

If you choose to remain "stuck", that's your choice.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1

I live in the now and move forward. I am not a "that's the way it's always been person".

To the person who is the minority, they are the most important person in the world when it comes to equality. They are not responsible for or to the masses.

I will continue to support new laws evolving equal rights in society.

If you choose to remain "stuck", that's your choice.

All people are equal in there choice of where to pee.

Those with a penis get to pee in the boys room.

Those without a penis get to pee in the girls room.

What's not equal about that?

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

In twenty nine states, it’s still legal to fire someone solely because they’re lesbian, gay, or bisexual. In thirty four states, it is legal to fire someone solely for being transgender. Coincidentally, all the states that have such laws happen to be "blue states". Interesting...

For starters, I didn't even know that we had 34 blue states. Are you sure about this statement? I would definitely like to see your source.
Now, if you would have said they were red states, I might believe you. But as the statement stands, I'm calling liar, liar, pants on fire.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Flatfish

Here's the Transgender Law Center and their equality map.

They should know.

transgenderlawcenter.org...

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

I don't see the problem one way or another. I'm for unisex restrooms, I've found that they're typically cleaner. With that being said, we have to understand that not everyone feels the same way we do, and that doesn't necessarily mean they're wrong for feeling that way. We're supposedly accepting of others, yet we jump all over those we don't view as accepting enough.

But I digress, it seems like the more into the 2000's we get the more things either offend us, or upset us. (Which is obviously a crime against humanity, how dare someone be offended! /Sarcasm)

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThomasMore

I don't see the problem one way or another. I'm for unisex restrooms, I've found that they're typically cleaner. With that being said, we have to understand that not everyone feels the same way we do, and that doesn't necessarily mean they're wrong for feeling that way. We're supposedly accepting of others, yet we jump all over those we don't view as accepting enough.

I'm for individual unisex stalls along a wall, with everything else out in the open (mirrors, sinks, vending machines, etc.) A couple stalls could be larger family stalls/wheelchair, with a changing table.

I've seen this in a couple places. Makes much more sense to me and is safer.

edit on 18-1-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join