It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kentucky proposal: Encounter a transgender person in the wrong restroom, sue for up to $2,500

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher
a reply to: Annee

so what does that mean that other countries have shared public restrooms? what does that have to do with our country or my country. I dont like it when people use that argument well other countries are doing this and that. No! we have a signature way of doing things in this country that gives us our own identity for good or for bad,

Human conditioning. People get used to something and it becomes normal to them.

I am NOT a "we've always done it that way" person. I'm a "life is always changing, and we evolve" person.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
BTW, this is also a rather thinly veiled attempt to make one conform to religious beliefs with regards to what is right and wong...

All snuggly and tightly wrapped in the drape of "decency"...

Antiquated. Pathetic. Downright germane to the knuckle-dragging frame of mind.

-NF

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Little Britain - I'm a Lady

Im a lady and I do lady things!

lol

And one for America people

little britain USA
edit on 18-1-2015 by Dabrazzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

How about when male students catch on and choose to use the female locker rooms?

Mr. Embry seems to think that with some type of special wording, his bill would prevent that. He is trying to rewrite certain parts in order to prevent "false alarms" and "staged" events.

The people running these schools are morons. I don't want people with penises in the locker room no matter how they self-identify.

LOL, even if they tell you they like your boots? I'm certain guys would not share your opinion, unless the woman in their locker room had a penis of course. It all boils down to, you can't please everybody and there will always be people who are offended. If I guy is putting on lipstick in my locker room then so be it. Just don't ask me how it looks.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

Would you want me as male going in the same bathroom as your mother, daughter, sister. I know for sure I would not want a man going in the same bathroom as my mother.

I would assume if you were the transgender type, you would respect the fact that you can use your bathroom of choice and understand that privacy and freedom are awarded to those who are respectful and intelligent enough to uphold them.

Your not entering a female bathroom as a man with the mentality of a man. You likely associate and sympathize with woman therefore the only thing that sets you apart is your appearance. Which alone is what we have a hard time judging people past.

edit on 18-1-2015 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I don't know about other schools, but my high school had a couple private shower stalls. For students that had some kind of body issue, disability, etc.

The idea a transgender woman is going to be flashing her penis in the locker room is ludicrous.

If anything, it's gonna be some "mean girl" trying to expose her.

It wouldn't be the transgender I'd be looking at for trouble.

edit on 18-1-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

This is soooo screwed up. I can understand people being weirded out by a basic crossdresser using facilities where the common person doesn't share the same body parts but... I'm just no convinced people understand what "transgender" really is.

A transitioned woman would be totally at risk with this law. This law would create the scenario of a woman with breasts and a vagina to be forced to use the men's room and showers. What do they think will happen?!

Even if they have a penis but outwardly looks female in most ways, they shouldn't be using the men's room. It's like they are just trying to encourage rape culture.

Disgusting.

(I know we are mostly using the male-to-female scenario but keep in mind this will affect female-to-males, as well)

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

This law would create the scenario of a woman with breasts and a vagina to be forced to use the men's room and showers. What do they think will happen?!

How would they be forced? I think you read it backwards. The bill would take away their right to choose, not force them to use the bathroom of the gender they associate with.

If their freedom to choose which restroom to use existed, it would come down to a choice of concealing your identity which is degrading to some. The hope would be that a transgender woman would understand the risk of entering a male restroom and gladly deal with being uncomfortable in a female restroom for safety reasons.

Possibly get raped and beaten or be uncomfortable using a woman's bathroom. An easy decision if you ask me.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
We have unisex restrooms at work for everyone but what they really are is personal phone booths for people to talk for an hour. So now were going back to the reality of men's and women's and there will be issues.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
a reply to: Cuervo

Possibly get raped and beaten or be uncomfortable using a woman's bathroom. An easy decision if you ask me.

Yes. People need to understand and accept what transgender is --- first.

Many refuse to do so. They can't/won't open their mind to this natural birth orientation.

Making a human being is extremely complex. It's a "mix & stir" of a plethora of ingredients. All shades of gray --- not black and white.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
We have unisex restrooms at work for everyone but what they really are is personal phone booths for people to talk for an hour. So now were going back to the reality of men's and women's and there will be issues.

Why is one a reality and the other is not?

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Although l do understand the concerns, as l am a parent, the issue of gender identity cannot be legislated away.

Perhaps if the stigma surrounding the issue wasn't glamorized by certain people, and we accepted the fact that regardless of how or what we do to accept or deny the issue, eventually what we should have done to begin with will gradually be accepted as norms change.

edit on 18-1-2015 by Daedal because: edit

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daedal

Although l do understand the concerns, as l am a parent, the issue of gender identity cannot be legislated away.

Perhaps if the stigma surrounding the issue wasn't glamorized by certain people, and we accepted the fact that regardless of how or what we do to accept or deny the issue, eventually what we should have done to begin with will gradually be accepted as norms change.

What exactly are we glamorizing.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

I wasn't speaking directly to you, l was using it as a generalisation. What l meant by glamorizing, which perhaps I could have used a better word, are those that create an issue over transgendered or the LGBT community in general, and glamorize it, or continue to make it an issue by spotlighting it.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daedal

I wasn't speaking directly to you, l was using it as a generalisation. What l meant by glamorizing, which perhaps I could have used a better word, are those that create an issue over transgendered or the LGBT community in general, and glamorize it, or continue to make it an issue by spotlighting it.

You don't need to speak directly to me --- it's an open forum.

I'm still not sure what you mean. Are you saying Equality is a created issue?

Are you saying LGBT are making themselves "special"? Just trying to understand.

edit on 18-1-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedal

What l meant by glamorizing, which perhaps I could have used a better word, are those that create an issue over transgendered or the LGBT community in general, and glamorize it, or continue to make it an issue by spotlighting it.

Think about what you just said after realizing that none of those people get the same rights as everybody else.

Glamorizing? Maybe a small percent, definitely could have picked a better word. Most are fighting for the same rights that us straight people have. That is why you see them doing what they do. If your not part of that crowd, you could never know how they feel. With that said, MANY are misguided and overbearing.

If my favorite band in the world was playing at a gay and lesbian bar, I would certainly feel strange if I wasn't allowed in because "my door" only swung one way, lol. In fact, I might get so bothered by it that I do something to change the system. But I guess that is the difference between public and private locations. If you want to exclude a demographic, make your facility private.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
It should be the sex of birth and unless they have a full fledged sex operation with opposite gender parts, I do not want them in my bathroom. I am not homophobic, but I don't want men in the women's can thank you very much.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Understood. No, to clarify, for those who would have us believe we are not equal, are creating divisive issues to continue the belief we are unequal.

To answer your second question, no, l don't believe they are trying to make themselves 'special,' the narrative would have us believe perhaps they are trying to portray themselves as such, by using heated topics that go against their own beliefs to continue to uphold their status quo and power.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

I think you misunderstood me.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99
It should be the sex of birth and unless they have a full fledged sex operation with opposite gender parts, I do not want them in my bathroom. I am not homophobic, but I don't want men in the women's can thank you very much.

You do understand not all transgenders want surgery, right?

And for those who do want it, it's a very long and expensive process.

Since this is a birth "difference", young children are affected. They can get hormone blockers until age of consent ---- but not surgery.

As enlightened as you are, your position on this surprises me.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join