It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

an interesting quote from the former head of the NSA on home grown terrorism.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
The director of the National Security Agency under Ronald Reagan, General William Odom, “by any measure the U.S. has long used terrorism. In 1978-79 the Senate was trying to pass a law against international terrorism – in every version they produced, the lawyers said the U.S. would be in violation.”

Terrorism has long been a weapon of foreign policy and it's a weapon wielded by several states. Britain and America used it as a tool to fight the Russian bogeyman. And we are using it now for several reasons. It's used abroad as a pretext for military intervention in enemy states. It's used at home as a manufactured threat to keep the population under control and as a valid reason for extremely intrusive surveillance. Our governments have a thousand diffirent ways to watch and control us. I've got a question for you. How do we watch and control them? We can't. Our 'elected' governments are turning into dictatorships right in front of us. This game of smoke and mirrors is working. Just look on this forum. It has become awash with threads revolving around terror, extremists and ISIS these past few weeks. And we are the people who are meant to see through the bulls**t!

While we are kept busy with the little things, laws are going to be passed, intervention abroad will again become a reality. We helped to Create the monster and now we are trying to keep it under control at home while we use it as a weapon elsewhere. Isis is just a tool. It's being used to destabilise the middle east and put pressure on Iran and Syria. When was the last time Iran openly invaded another country? Who are the real oppressors? London and Washington are. Foreign policy in the Middle East revolves around Israel, oil and destabilisation. And it's all about money.

The war on terror has cost the tax paying, decent honest people of our countries In to the billions and, most likely, trillions. It has cost us thousands of lives at home and overseas. It has effectively created a regional and global problem. But it has earned corporations, defence contractors and fat cats billions. Those billions that are in their pockets. War is good for business. It was in world war 1. It was in world war 2 and it certainly is now. The average Joe is paying for it in tax or paying for it in blood. I'm not saying there isn't a real and direct Muslim threat or that there are extreme elements of the religion and Middle East society. I'm not saying that foreign policy or the supposed war on terror is the cause of it. It certainly hasn't helped but it isn't the direct cause. But look at it this way. Who has profited from it and who has paid for it?

Tony Blair was half of a double act that launched an illegal invasion in the Middle East. A couple of years later he was the Middle East peace envoy! And making millions to go with it. The man is a war criminal! That isn't irony. It's the one percent rubbing it in the faces of the ninety nine. That is where the real division is. It's not East v West or Muslim v non Muslim. It is still the rich bending over the poor, and making us thank them as they shaft us right up the a**e.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I find it a wee bit difficult to find truth as being anything other than what it is.

To declare it as both truth and interesting, well....that intonates that you didn't really understand it as being the truth in the first place.

Not trying to be the least bit snarky, I assure you. Just pointing things out for what they are, and as I see them....

-NF

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: nullafides
I find it a wee bit difficult to find truth as being anything other than what it is.

To declare it as both truth and interesting, well....that intonates that you didn't really understand it as being the truth in the first place.

Not trying to be the least bit snarky, I assure you. Just pointing things out for what they are, and as I see them....

-NF
not at all. Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: sg1642

Nice quote. Do you have a link to the source?

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd
a reply to: sg1642

Nice quote. Do you have a link to the source?

I don't have a link to the original source but I have it at another link

'Because the United States itself has a long record of supporting terrorists and using terrorist tactics, the slogans of today’s war on terrorism merely makes the United States look hypocritical to the rest of the world.
Odom also said:
By any measure the US has long used terrorism. In ‘78-79 the Senate was trying to pass a law against international terrorism – in every version they produced, the lawyers said the US would be in violation.'

top topics

join