It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Our Religions Take An Insult ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
First to describe any simple teachings of the bible, to be frustrated to somebody, to be angry, to be prideful, to try to win an argument, to be disrespectful, to ignore or refuse to listen, to be selfish... All of these things are rules of scripture, regardless of what people do to arouse you. This has been written as a law and referenced in bold. Now I can't speak entirely for Islam, because my law comes from the ancient Jews. But if Islam didn't also get the law from Moses and the ancient Sumerians, I would consider being a part of Islam, but Moses and the ancient Sumerians are the ancient Jews. And if you believe anything from the apocryphal age to the heretical age, which is not ancient but 'near ancient,' that is your choice, but I would advise that you understand where it came from, therefore understand every writing from before it was popular or existed, and there is nothing taken from the law or added.

originally posted by: [post=18894293]Blue_Jay33
But that's life in the last days of a system, as Jesus predicted, were not suppose to go crazy protesting in the streets or shooting people or blowing people up.

Making a whip of cords, he drove all of them out of the temple, both the sheep and the cattle. He also poured out the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables. He told those who were selling the doves "Take these things out of here! Stop making my Father's house a marketplace!" His disciples remembered that it was written, "Zeal for your house will consume me." The Jews then said to him, "What sign can you show us for doing this?" Jesus answered them, "Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up." - John. 2.13-22

The translation of this scripture is a key to understanding the secret of lies, the foundation of falsehood, the ultimate deception which sprouted both Pauline Christianity (all of the sects from the western world since the time of Rome and Islam.

So what is the ultimate deception which sprouted religion across the world? It was not only Paul himself, but it was Paul's education and understanding of the Mystery School religions. Please ask yourself, why would Jesus rise in three days? Why do we celibrate Christmas on Dec 25th? It is the same reason, because of paganism. Paul was able to get paganism into the gospels because the gospels were under the authority of his scribe Luke. Acts is Paul's story written by Luke, Luke is written by Luke. John's gospel is later and different, but it lacks historical evidence found in the others, and has more apocryphal writings. Remember that within a decade of James being martyred the Jews revolted and lost, either fleeing or perishing from the holy land. The Jews did not win, and that is why Paul had authority over the New Testament we have today. If the Jews did win and rule the world so to say, we would not have those letters from Paul, we would not have the virgin birth, and that is factual. So again who do you worship, the people after or the people before who started it?

So the action was true, Jesus shouted at people, blew and up and started whipping people, but the temple quote was added in. But that they mention Zeal could mean that Jesus was a Zealot, and even though Jesus teaches turn the cheek, he has more sayings about the sword, so it is a question, how violent was Jesus?
edit on 7Sun, 18 Jan 2015 19:08:15 -0600America/Chicago15America/ChicagoSun, 18 Jan 2015 19:08:15 -0600 by greyer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

Go back to England if you don't like the Declaration of Independence or what the founding fathers said about separation of church and state. You are more than welcome to go there, I won't stop you.

If you want to live free of religion, go where there is no religion. How well did that work out in Russia, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, North Korea, China and Cambodia?

Wow pretty judgemental arent you. They dont know what religion you are and yet you condemn them with such vitriol.
Is this your American Exceptionalsm or ignorance or your bible speaking?

By the way clever american the Russian Orthodox is still going pretty strong.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: WarminIndy

Go back to England if you don't like the Declaration of Independence or what the founding fathers said about separation of church and state. You are more than welcome to go there, I won't stop you.

If you want to live free of religion, go where there is no religion. How well did that work out in Russia, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, North Korea, China and Cambodia?

Wow pretty judgemental arent you. They dont know what religion you are and yet you condemn them with such vitriol.
Is this your American Exceptionalsm or ignorance or your bible speaking?

By the way clever american the Russian Orthodox is still going pretty strong.

I said "How DID it work out"? The last time I saw, Russia was no longer Communist, it didn't work out so well for them implementing and forcing atheism onto the populace.

Tell me, of all the countries I mentioned, which one of those are a shining example of human rights during Communism?

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33
Organised religion is a curse on this planet. Always has been, always will be!

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: greyer

Yes but Jesus and only Jesus had the right to have righteous indignation as he was perfect, there is a difference between a flawed imperfect person that gets mad and that. And he could take an insult, he took more than insults, he allowed himself to be killed, when he could have chose to call for angelic help, which he didn't.

Jesus after his arrest was verbally abused, slapped, spit on, and beat, and was by our standards today tortured to death.
Jesus is a good example of a religious person who could take an insult.
Some of the comments even in this thread insult Christian faith, so what, it's been going on for almost 2000 years.

The point of this thread is EVERY religion and ALL it's adherents need to roll with the critical punches landing from non-believers, or people from other faiths, including cartoons, it's just that simple.
edit on 18-1-2015 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
a reply to: greyer

Yes but Jesus and only Jesus had the right to have righteous indignation as he was perfect, there is a difference between a flawed imperfect person that gets mad and that. And he could take an insult, he took more than insults, he allowed himself to be killed, when he could have chose to call for angelic help, which he didn't.

Jesus after his arrest was verbally abused, slapped, spit on, and beat, and was by our standards today tortured to death.
Jesus is a good example of a religious person who could take an insult.
Some of the comments even in this thread insult Christian faith, so what, it's been going on for almost 2000 years.

The point of this thread is EVERY religion and ALL it's adherents need to roll with the critical punches landing from non-believers, or people from other faiths, including cartoons, it's just that simple.

Your favorite fictional character was fictional. It doesn't lend credibility to your positions to expect us to believe otherwise.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

Your favorite fictional character was fictional. It doesn't lend credibility to your positions to expect us to believe otherwise.

This could be considered an example of what I am talking about. I knew some posters would not have the ability to understand the OP, and just attack faith.
But it's all good, didn't Jesus say "forgive them Father for they know not what they do"?
That's the better attitude for religious people to have, instead of planning revenge, for any type of insults.
edit on 19-1-2015 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33

This could be considered an example of what I am talking about. I knew some posters would not have the ability to understand the OP, and just attack faith.
But it's all good, didn't Jesus say "forgive them Father for they know not what they do"?
That's the better attitude for religious people to have, instead of planning revenge, for any type of insults.

No, Jesus did not say that. The men who wrote the Bible said that and they were not Jesus nor did they ever witness him living (he probably didn't) nor hear him say anything. You're still in the realm of fiction.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   

I rest my case

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Our religions God is perfectly capable of vindicating and sanctifying his own being, against insults at any time, but he has self-restraint, because he will do it in his own time, it's not up to any human to do it for him.

Father does not destroy because of insults. It is more done so because of choices and also to grab ones attention.

When the one not spoken of speaks against Father, it does not affect (surely the words are much more harsh than any words man can think of to say), but Father still loves. If man could show this attribute, this place would not one of the worse of all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join