It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Our Religions Take An Insult ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I make this topic because I see in the news people in Islamic countries going ballistic over the cover on the French magazine.
And in a moment of clarity I understand Islam and some of it's adherents can't handle an insult to their religion, prophet or God.
They really can't, it makes them crazy, emotionally irrational.

Now as a Christian I don't like people saying bad things about Jesus or God making disrespectful pictures and comments. But that's life in the last days of a system, as Jesus predicted, were not suppose to go crazy protesting in the streets or shooting people or blowing people up.

People of all faiths need to be able to take the punch of an insult of any kind, if you can't then you and that religion has a serious problem.
And it is this persistent peace robbing problem the governments of this world might address in the near future.

21st century civilization does not include the "insult us and we will kill you" mindset.

Our religions God is perfectly capable of vindicating and sanctifying his own being, against insults at any time, but he has self-restraint, because he will do it in his own time, it's not up to any human to do it for him.

So for now EVERY person and religion needs to learn to take an insult to their religion, prophets and God.
edit on 18-1-2015 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
tell that to the church of scientology, or the other hundreds of religions. Also tell that to the Terrorists.

no one will listen. People believe too much to not care. if no one believed, no one will care.

But then again, Humans are such being that if we didnt had something to offend each other, we would still be ofended by something.
edit on 18-1-2015 by ZeroFurrbone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

It might serve society best to insult other more thick-skinned things such as orcs and dragons.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZeroFurrbone
tell that to the church of scientology, or the other hundreds of religions.

Anyone can insult the Church of Scientology. It happens all the time.

Also tell that to the Terrorists.

Terrorist is not a religion. They're terrorists. They don't give a crap about religion. They care about USING religion as a reason to kill and terrorize people.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
21st century civilization does not include the "insult me and will kill you" mindset.

One of these days I am going to be pleasantly surprised when everyone wakes up. Wakes up and realizes that we have pumped ourselves up with such a heavy dose of "we're better than this".

We are human. But that does not mean we are not animals.

To deny such a thing is to deny the nose on your own face. Silly and pointless.

So, really....

let's get over the feigned shock. Let's get over ourselves.

-NF

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I am offended by your rationality.
Now I must do something stupid.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Because, you know....

religion isn't a tool to be used AGAINST people...nahhh......it's a wonderful thing conjured from the saccharine sweet vomit of ponies and daisies...

-NF

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Several have for centuries. Some even arose because of acts greater than insults.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Religion™ is for folks afraid of Hell.. I'd wager that all those who partake in the slaying of another One, any One, have NO fear of God, ergo, have no 'religion™'..

What is worse, the using of Religion™ to further their agenda and/or quenching of their thirst for blood? (disregard the whole 'blood sacrifice' of some Religions™)

OR

Using Religion™ to clear their shelves of all the crap they couldn't sell during the year and aging USING Jesus to further that agenda?

The point is, both examples couldn't or wouldn't give a 'snip' or if they do, only when it concerns them..

Does Hunab Ku need Field Agents? Aren't We fulfilling our contracts to 'Her' by experiencing Life? Wasn't it Jesus who was attributed to saying "You are the Church™'? So if You believe in Jesus why would You go to a Church™? Isn't that one of the reasons "they" killed Him and pinned it on His bff, Judas? (per the Gospels per Judas..)

What Church™ do You think Jesus would attend?

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
any god that needs you to seek vengeance on his behalf isn`t a very powerful god, in fact he isn`t much of a god at all.

isn`t the whole concept of a god suppose to be that he all powerful all knowing all...
so if a god needs his lowly creations to defend him and avenge him then he ain`t all that.

if your god needs you to defend him then that makes you more powerful than the thing you are worshipping, and that makes no sense at all,but then religion never did make any sense.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Religious people have no problem insulting people-why should anyone care if religious people are insulted?

Because they will murder people that insult them?

Sounds to me like the religious are the problem and should be removed from the Earth.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Terrorist is not a religion. They're terrorists. They don't give a crap about religion. They care about USING religion as a reason to kill and terrorize people.

Very true, it is very upsetting how people have been blending the two lately. Maybe the terrorists believe they have a religion but they don't follow it and it has no bearing on the fact they are terrorists.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

any god that needs you to seek vengeance on his behalf isn`t a very powerful god, in fact he isn`t much of a god at all.

This is very true and even his prophets such as Mohammed would not need or want anyone seeking vengeance for them.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
there is a difference between prophecy and common sense. if i predict that someone is going to punch me after i insult their mother, im just pointing out the obvious.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus

isn`t the whole concept of a god suppose to be that he all powerful all knowing all...
so if a god needs his lowly creations to defend him and avenge him then he ain`t all that.

if your god needs you to defend him then that makes you more powerful than the thing you are worshipping, and that makes no sense at all,but then religion never did make any sense.

Yeah, but it's good for god's ego that his creations will defend him.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: nullafides

Because, you know....

religion isn't a tool to be used AGAINST people...nahhh......it's a wonderful thing conjured from the saccharine sweet vomit of ponies and daisies...

-NF

Is that for the weight loss conscience?

When was religion invented?

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: FalcoFan

Religious people have no problem insulting people-why should anyone care if religious people are insulted?

Because they will murder people that insult them?

Sounds to me like the religious are the problem and should be removed from the Earth.

I'm religious and have no desire to kill you.

You will never get rid of religions, they were here long before you ever entered the scene and will be here long after. You can't deny the rights of people to have a religion. That's a fundamental human right.

But thank you for wanting to deny a fundamental human right.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Religion™ is for folks afraid of Hell.. I'd wager that all those who partake in the slaying of another One, any One, have NO fear of God, ergo, have no 'religion™'..

What is worse, the using of Religion™ to further their agenda and/or quenching of their thirst for blood? (disregard the whole 'blood sacrifice' of some Religions™)

They have religion and that is the problem. A set of codified musts/mustnots interpretated by their pope/iman. If they had inner spirituality empathy love other than rote reciting and adhering to edicts they would not do these things.

Using Religion™ to clear their shelves of all the crap they couldn't sell during the year and aging USING Jesus to further that agenda?

to clear the shelves- so to speak of all their inner baggage/fears/anxieties.

any One, have NO fear of God, ergo, have no 'religion™'..

They have no spirituality hence no empathy for humanity. Not disagreeing with you, I usually enjoy your posts

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
A fundamental human right that's abused....remember separation of church and state? Religion has stuck it's sticky fingers into that. Do you see the struggles of homosexuals just trying to marry each other? That's a human right that's attacked by religion. You do realize that you don't need a church to get married right? Quit defending religion and defend HUMANS and their rights to be alive! Religion should NEVER be a road block in society or our futures. If you believe in "God" then that's a personal belief that is kept in your home and to yourself. Just because religion was here before me doesn't mean I should accept the fact it's here. Where was religion when we were cave men inventing fire and the wheel? Did dinosaurs pray to "God" in hopes the meteor wouldn't wipe them all out?

You are religious and don't have a desire to kill us, and that's fantastic. That means you don't take your religion seriously. You pick and choose what you like to believe, the same with anyone who doesn't act out what their religious text tells them to do. Good for you. It doesn't erase the fact your books are filled with dehumanizing material. I'm NOT religious and I treat people with respect and live my life with morals. Am I just crazy? Lucky? Or did I use my brain and figured out for myself religion is not needed to move forward with society and our futures?

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: InfinityandBeyond
A fundamental human right that's abused....remember separation of church and state? Religion has stuck it's sticky fingers into that. Do you see the struggles of homosexuals just trying to marry each other? That's a human right that's attacked by religion. You do realize that you don't need a church to get married right? Quit defending religion and defend HUMANS and their rights to be alive! Religion should NEVER be a road block in society or our futures. If you believe in "God" then that's a personal belief that is kept in your home and to yourself. Just because religion was here before me doesn't mean I should accept the fact it's here. Where was religion when we were cave men inventing fire and the wheel? Did dinosaurs pray to "God" in hopes the meteor wouldn't wipe them all out?

You are religious and don't have a desire to kill us, and that's fantastic. That means you don't take your religion seriously. You pick and choose what you like to believe, the same with anyone who doesn't act out what their religious text tells them to do. Good for you. It doesn't erase the fact your books are filled with dehumanizing material. I'm NOT religious and I treat people with respect and live my life with morals. Am I just crazy? Lucky? Or did I use my brain and figured out for myself religion is not needed to move forward with society and our futures?

Are you the Intolerant Tolerant of the Novus Ordo Seclorum?

Nope, you just like to bandy the term "separation of church and state" and have no idea what the term really means or what it implies, nor do you know how it arose.

Sorry, but your rights did not come from the State, according to the Declaration of Independence. Sorry, but you can't use gay marriage as a means to make an intolerance speech, that would make you a hypocrite.

Declaration of Independence.

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

Go back to England if you don't like the Declaration of Independence or what the founding fathers said about separation of church and state. You are more than welcome to go there, I won't stop you.

If you want to live free of religion, go where there is no religion. How well did that work out in Russia, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, North Korea, China and Cambodia?

They don't have religion in North Korea, you are more than welcome to go there if you wish, I would not stop you. And guess what, I would not even call you a traitor if you chose, by your own conscience' sake desired to live in a country free from the shackles of intolerant religion.

I would even donate for your plane ticket if you so desperately desired to remove yourself from this country and partake in the wonderful, bountiful and open society of no religion.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join