It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney's Re-Invention As Anti-Poverty Warrior

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

That's because wealth cures poverty, not higher taxes.

If you can find ONE example where redistributing money from the wealthy to the poor has cured poverty, please cite it.

No one can provide you with a citation because it has NEVER happened in human history! "Wealth cure poverty'/, are you serious? You MUST be joking right? Romney may be part of the smoke and mirrors to give all the sleeping proles the impression that this voting thing is really on the level. Well its not, sorry, your votes don't count, you've been lied to and these negatively oriented entities are parasites and parasites are myopic, they will eventually KILL the host (You and Me) and thereby destroy themselves, so come to this realization or you will suffer the consequences along with them

edit on 18-1-2015 by HUMBLEONE because: idiocy Idiocy

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

Social Security for the elderly. Unless you want them to live with you and there goes your upward mobility.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

If he had jumped into the last election with this - he might have had a shot

:-)

Too little too late...

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Trickle, trickle, trickle...

Let them eat cake?

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

Social Security for the elderly. Unless you want them to live with you and there goes your upward mobility.

not to belabor the obvious (lol) but social security belongs to the people who paid into it. it's actually their money hehe. the gov said, give us part of your money and we'll hold it here for ya till your old age. and so they did. it's not actually the same thing as taxes for other gov programs. those are just taking money at gun point, but social security is actually backed by people paying into it of their own free will.

edit on 18-1-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

Trickle, trickle, trickle...

Let them eat cake?

don't even go there. last time someone said that, a bunch of people who didn't do anything wrong were beheaded.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: undo

Fair enough

People who never did anything wrong seem to always pay for the mistakes of the few

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Granite

originally posted by: rickymouse
I'll vote for Romney if he runs. I actually like the guy.

I voted for him in 2012.

To the OP, you and the first page have violated the T&C "gang posting"...

The poor hardly voted for Progressives in 2014 midterms...is your gang clueless?

Excuse me? The only gang I support is "deny ignorance".

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Compassionate conservative-an oxymoron.Romney is about as genuine as a Thai Rolex,check his major contributors last election hes owned by Wall Street

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Granite!

Thanks for the U2U letting me know you have alerted my thread. Maybe the Mods will be able to figure out why, because I Sure as hell can't.

Best,
liw

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Thanks for the U2U letting me know you have alerted my thread. Maybe the Mods will be able to figure out why, because I Sure as hell can't.

Just one of those people who likes to oppress opinions that differ from his/her own.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Guess he learned from this incident...good luck to him.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Oh, I remember that well! "So my job is not to worry about those people".

Yes, we know, Mitt.
edit on 1/18/2015 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
And people don't change.

They just pretend to.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Gotta' break the pattern and vote third party.

I'm not sure a third will do - I think we need 5 to make this thing work again

And that's not going to happen anytime soon

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
This time The Ghost of Christmas Past came a little too late for scrooge.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

If you can find ONE example where redistributing money from the wealthy to the poor has cured poverty, please cite it.

Well there's Iceland, Norway, Sweden and Finland.... oops sorry that's 4 examples, my mistake.

Romney personally profited from exporting jobs from the USA to China through his appropriately named company Bain Capital.

Have a look: www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

"The rich have gotten richer, income inequality has gotten worse and there are more people in poverty than ever before under this president," he added

Not only under "this President" either.

Democrats and Progressives have been at this for decades.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE

No one can provide you with a citation because it has NEVER happened in human history! "Wealth cure poverty'/, are you serious? You MUST be joking right? Romney may be part of the smoke and mirrors to give all the sleeping proles the impression that this voting thing is really on the level. Well its not, sorry, your votes don't count, you've been lied to and these negatively oriented entities are parasites and parasites are myopic, they will eventually KILL the host (You and Me) and thereby destroy themselves, so come to this realization or you will suffer the consequences along with them

Well, if wealth doesn't cure poverty, what do you think will? Oppression? Progressive taxes?

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

It is the wealth being produced by the current generation, which is being taxed, that provides sustenance for the elderly.

Social security income alone is at or below poverty level.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join