It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney's Re-Invention As Anti-Poverty Warrior

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   
...Guess this should go in the "Jokes and Pranks" forum?

With the shake of an Etch-A-Sketch, Mitt Romney reintroduced himself to the Republican Party on Friday as a man interested in running for president because of his desire to address poverty and income inequality. One only wonders why the former governor of Massachusetts neglected to focus on the growing problems the last time he held the title of GOP standard bearer.

Addressing a gathering of Republican National Committee officials below deck of the decommissioned U.S.S. Midway aircraft carrier in San Diego, California, Romney ticked off three priorities crucial to what he called the "post-Obama era": making the world safer with a more muscular foreign policy, providing opportunity to all Americans, and lifting people out of poverty.

"It's a tragedy, a human tragedy, that the middle class in this country by and large doesn't believe that the future will be better than the past," he said. "We haven't seen rising incomes over decades."

www.huffingtonpost.com...

and this...

"The rich have gotten richer, income inequality has gotten worse and there are more people in poverty than ever before under this president," he added

edit on 1/18/2015 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Testing the limits of PR. Why not? If the KKK can re-brand, why not Willard?

Are their limits to the gullibility of Americans? You be the judge.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
The truly sad thing is... lots and lots of 'critical thinkers' here on ATS and bus loads of drones in the population at-large will buy this tripe hook-line-and-sinker. Isn't he also part Asian, part black and part Hispanic? And I heard her personally took down the Boston bombers.

edit on 18-1-2015 by jtma508 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I wouldn't worry about it. He won't get the republican nod.
Looks like it'll be a Bush vs Clinton election again.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   

If this man ever told the truth it was by accident.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
I wouldn't worry about it. He won't get the republican nod.
Looks like it'll be a Bush vs Clinton election again.

...And FF, doesn't that just sound delicious? I can hardly wait. Not so sure though. I like Jeb well enough. Wondering how far Elizabeth Warren can be pushed? She's got quite a few fans.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass
I'm extremely curious to see what his official stance will be on cut-backs to SSI-D, and Pell Grants.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
Wondering how far Elizabeth Warren can be pushed?

TV News is reporting that she has very strongly stated she will not run in 2016.

She's got quite a few fans.

Yes.

IMHO they all suck.
Gotta' break the pattern and vote third party.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass
I'm extremely curious to see what his official stance will be on cut-backs to SSI-D, and Pell Grants.

Remember from 2012, his official stance on anything has a shelf life of zero. He sometimes changed his mind and took opposite views in the same sentence.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
And I looked and behold, I saw another beast rising up out of the sea, speaking wondrous things.

And..Oh Crap, its the same one! Not him!!!

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Never forget that the Bush administration, despite their total appearance of military incompetence the day of 9/11 (assuming they weren't in on it - and were just dumb), used 9/11 as the rallying cry for a second term in office!!!

Now Romney, whose pandering to the wealthy got him into so much trouble during the last campaign, is taking on the very subject that he was slammed for promoting - income inequality, the rich and privileged guy who wants to provide more for the rich and privileged!

The Chutzpah of Marketing never ceases to amaze me. One wonders if he should be running as a Democrat with that platform! lol!

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
YES because his LAST failure was so inspiring,hie FIREY non existant defense GALVANIZED America to ignore his MILK TOAST campagning.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

"The rich have gotten richer, income inequality has gotten worse and there are more people in poverty than ever before under this president," he added

What he and his ilk always fail to mention is that this occurred from Republican policies and the activities of the plutocrats like himself. I wonder if he will now reverse his own policy of shipping every American job from every company he buys out and dismantles to China? Or is this, as usual, all lip service. The GOP own a massive media/propaganda machine and can sell any lie they want to.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I'll vote for Romney if he runs. I actually like the guy.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I'll vote for Romney if he runs. I actually like the guy.

I voted for him in 2012.

To the OP, you and the first page have violated the T&C "gang posting"...

The poor hardly voted for Progressives in 2014 midterms...is your gang clueless?

[Editby]edit on 18-1-2015 by Granite because: sp

edit on 18-1-2015 by Granite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I doubt he'll get a lot of funding from super Pacs. He might have to move some of his big bucks from his Switzerland and the Caymans accounts to pay for his own campaign.

All the articles about those accounts are dated 2012, however. Perhaps those accounts no longer exist, or he's taken a new route to hide his billions.

I've heard people speak out of both sides of their mouths, but my goodness. When it comes to that it's like he has more than one mouth. Never seen anything like it.

Maybe he and Ann will accept it this go-round. Three strikes and you're out!

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Sounds like he's running interference for Jeb.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

That's because wealth cures poverty, not higher taxes.

If you can find ONE example where redistributing money from the wealthy to the poor has cured poverty, please cite it.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Sounds like he's running interference for Jeb.

But then, wouldn't that require some ability to plan strategically and share the spotlight? I wonder who would pay him to do that?

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

He discovered it doesnt matter what he says, if he gets in office he can do whatever he wants anyway.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join