It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dragons Of Phobos [DRG2015]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   
'DEIMOS (or Deimus) was the god (daimon) of fear, dread and terror, and his twin-brother PHOBOS (Phobus) of panic fear, flight and battlefield rout. They were sons of the god Ares, who accompanied their father into battle, driving his chariot and spreading fear in their wake. As sons of Aphrodite, goddess of love, the twins also represented the fear of loss.'

Everyone else is dead and all communications with Earth have ceased in the last "day", but then again, what is a "day" when you leave the pale blue dot's orbit after all? This is just one of the questions I ask myself as I look into the creatures eyes.

I am MISSION ENGINEER., B.S. TIMEWALKER of THE UNITED STATES NAVAL SPACE COMMAND aboard the Space X Mars Lander RED DRAGON VII. This will be perhaps my last entry:

The ancients were right. They were no fools. Perhaps we are the fools for so easily dismissing the mythology and lore of old. The flying serpent as is old as man, NO! Much older! Somehow it is entwined within us.

Asaph Hall was dead on naming the twin moons of Mars Phobos and Deimos. The bastards knew the entire time!

The plan was going uninterrupted , so they thought. After centuries of war, scientific advances, corporate greed and the unquenchable thirst for knowledge. In 1967 when we found the monolith on the far side of the moon, BTW, Kubrick and Co. were genius in the smoke and mirrors campaign, and then The Spire on Phobos, was there to be any question IF there are entities far more advanced than we puny ants under a microscope?

Here I sit alone. Our Mission was to set up mining operations and IPBM's on The Red Planet.

I am the only one left!

He speaks to me, though not in words. This cinder of a planet was his home world. Now he and his kind nest in the hollow moons in it's orbit. Their purpose is to guide their offspring as not to make the same mistakes again. In our past they have scorched the earth and made their presence known to us forever from within, until now, as I write this futile message to the NSC cloud server.

There he sits, in the distance staring into my soul. He knows I tremble and quake. Why does he not engulf the lander and me in it with his hellfire?

edit on 18-1-2015 by timewalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   
That was great!!

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Thank you for reading. Glad you liked it!

edit on 18-1-2015 by timewalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: timewalker

And another one! Wow, this is a great contest. I love the way everyone has translated the theme so uniquely, it makes for exciting reading.
Loved your story, and I really like the way you write.

& S&F

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

Thanks!

A little real world non-fiction can be inspiring.

Project 'Red Dragon': Mars Sample-Return Mission Could Launch in 2022 with SpaceX Capsule

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Hey timewalker!

Great story! The pictures are a cool addition!
Nice...unique.

S&F
jacygirl

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Thank you jacygirl. That's how I roll.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Very Cool Tale you written here!!! Very Cool Indeed!!!

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Thanks. Cheers!

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
even here its a combo story world , dreamlike sometimes

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Hey timewalker!

This was a great concept! I love the idea of the old myths having greater reality than we know, and the thought of Dragons on the moons of mars, well, that's just awesome (in a terrifying and hell-fire sort of way).

Glad you shared it!

- AB

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Thank you for the kind words. Glad you enjoyed it.

top topics

join