It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mystery ufo near ISS

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I'm no space expert so bare with me. What form/shape would an escaped gas or liquid substance take on if released for whatever reason from the ISS or a satellite?

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I'm not talking about a rim on the immediate edge of the object. Further in (within the shadow) can anyone see it? I don't necessarily think it has to be far away from the space station just because it isn't orbiting at the same speed.
edit on 0361642 by sg1642 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
It's geosynchronous, so the station neared It. a reply to: gortex

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Looks to me as if a cotton ball got loose from the first aid kit?

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

originally posted by: AthlonSavage
a reply to: Answer

How high can a high altitude balloon rise? The ISS is 250 Miles high. If you can demonstrate a balloon can get that high enough so we can see its diameter not as a dot but a thumb size then ill support the balloon argument.

It's not possible, he is a troll.

I have been a member here for a number of years, and I have heard a number of claims that the UFO forum is controlled, I've even defended this forum. Until know, I've not believed that it is, but I seriously believe that it is. Unbelievable ATS, unbelievable.

I'm a troll because I'm offering possible explanations? What happened to "deny ignorance"?

I'd LOVE for this to be a legitimate UFO but we have a responsibility to eliminate all other explanations first.

What have you provided in the form of an explanation? Nothing.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: AthlonSavage

while not wanting to make any attempt/effort at all to produce photographic evidence of clouds that look like this

Because I know it's a fools errand and am not willing to sit through hours of ISS footage looking for a cloud that looks like that , it is impossible ,it's always you guys saying go find proof but I rarely see you make any effort to back up your claims.

A cloud is an amorphous object , this one was caught at the right time and place to give the effect it did ....it was a fluke that had us guessing but now as per form for the members of this forum the answer (IMHO) has been found .... Yay us !!

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
There you go, it's ammonia escaping in a bubble form!!

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bilk22
I don't think it's movement in relation to the Earth's rotation is proof of anything. Why do you feel it is?

Not a proof of anything of course. Strictly speaking, it could be anything else, but common sense says to me that something that:
- Moves in relation to the ground in the same direction,
- Moves in relation to the ground at the same speed,
- Is white,
- Casts shadows,
- Is close to the ground, then big,
- Have a vaporous aspect...

... is likely just what it seems to be, i-e a cloud, cumulonimbus cloud possibly.

Add to that a poor resolution, YT compression, zero information about the video source, date and hour, original video, etc... and you have something that could be quickly defined as 'UFO'.
edit on 17-1-2015 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: sg1642

I don't necessarily think it has to be far away from the space station just because it isn't orbiting at the same speed.

If it's near the ISS it will orbit at nearly the same speed.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   

How high can a high altitude balloon rise? The ISS is 250 Miles high. If you can demonstrate a balloon can get that high enough so we can see its diameter not as a dot but a thumb size then ill support the balloon argument.

I have been a member here for a number of years, and I have heard a number of claims that the UFO forum is controlled, I've even defended this forum. Until know, I've not believed that it is, but I seriously believe that it is. Unbelievable ATS, unbelievable.

I'm a troll because I'm offering possible explanations? What happened to "deny ignorance"?

I'd LOVE for this to be a legitimate UFO but we have a responsibility to eliminate all other explanations first.

I think we can all see who's the real troll in this thread.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: elevenaugust

originally posted by: Bilk22
I don't think it's movement in relation to the Earth's rotation is proof of anything. Why do you feel it is?

Not a proof of anything of course. Strictly speaking, it could be anything else, but common sense says to me that something that:
- Moves in relation to the ground in the same direction,
- Moves in relation to the ground at the same speed,
- Is white,
- Casts shadows,
- Is close to the ground, then big,
- Have a vaporous aspect...

... is likely just what it seems to be, i-e a cloud, cumulonimbus cloud possibly.

Add to that a poor resolution, YT compression, zero information about the video source, date and hour, original video, etc... and you have something that could be quickly defined as 'UFO'.
you can't say that it's near the ground for certain. It's also not white.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: DenyObfuscation

I don't necessarily think it has to be far away from the space station just because it isn't orbiting at the same speed.

If it's near the ISS it will orbit at nearly the same speed.
not if its in geosynchronous orbit. Why does it have to be moving at same speed just because it is near? I'm no expert though mate just wondering?

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   

I think we can all see who's the real troll in this thread.

Yes everybody, I'm a troll. I have nothing better to do than to troll ATS.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
It's ironic this thread has appeared on ATS at the same time as this thread about an apparent purple object lol
purple object over england

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

A geostationary orbit (GEO) is a circular geosynchronous orbit in the plane of the Earth's equator with a radius of approximately 42,164 km (26,199 mi) (measured from the center of the Earth). A satellite in such an orbit is at an altitude of approximately 35,786 km (22,236 mi) above mean sea level. It maintains the same position relative to the Earth's surface.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
looks like it could be a lenticular cloud to me

link

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: DenyObfuscation

A geostationary orbit (GEO) is a circular geosynchronous orbit in the plane of the Earth's equator with a radius of approximately 42,164 km (26,199 mi) (measured from the center of the Earth). A satellite in such an orbit is at an altitude of approximately 35,786 km (22,236 mi) above mean sea level. It maintains the same position relative to the Earth's surface.

en.wikipedia.org...
I see

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Zoom in on it... It looks like the eye of Sauron...

That would get me to an escape pod pretty quick...lol

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: sg1642

What are the chances for any object in the atmosphere or in 'space' to move at the same apparent speed at that of the Earth rotation and in the same direction vs an object close to the ground?

Not white?

Here's an extract (above) of one video frame with the object and the radiometric values of the gray pixels. 0 is 'pure' black and 255 is 'pure' white... We have a max value of 232 for the 'UFO' so, if not 'pure' white, not that far though...

If you're talking of the gray/purple colored area at the right of the object, well in the cloud hypothesis, this is just its shadow, as previously explained.
edit on 17-1-2015 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: elevenaugust

originally posted by: sg1642

What are the chances for any object in the atmosphere or in 'space' to move at the same apparent speed at that of the Earth rotation and in the same direction vs an object close to the ground?

Not white?

Here's an extract (above) of one video frame with the object and the radiometric values of the gray pixels. 0 is 'pure' black and 255 is 'pure' white... We have a max value of 232 for the 'UFO' so, if not 'pure' white, not that far though...

If you're talking of the gray/purple colored area at the right of the object, well in the cloud hypothesis, this is just its shadow, as previously explained.
ah right it appears a clear purple shade to me in the pictures.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join