It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[DRG2015] A Sharpness of Dragons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Once upon Istori...

In Blackheart Forest the mysterious magickal creature moved quickly hunting its choose me prey. It shimmered betwixt dimensions and soon it was close and ready for the killing strike. Then something went wrong. The creatures senses became twisted into confusion and pain for a brief moment before it became a non-thing.
A young woman stepped out from behind a tree, her gloom coloured garbs complemented her sharp pale complexion and black flowing hair. Peering unafraid with violet hued eyes she walks over to the dead creature and crouches down next to its sickly misshapen head, reaching out with long smooth fingers to pluck out one of its eyes. Smiling wickedly as she does so. "THAT WILL DO PLEASENTLY" voices Mary Dragora, Queen of Imperium Averna.

Admist the wonderous dusking skies came forth the last dragon, gracing the air and filling it with ancient sorcery. This was an Elder of the creatrix. Its broad, long body was plated with quantum scales and gem red eyes surveyed the landscape below as it searched for the point of its discomfort. Across the exotic sands of Cite that the slumber of occult embers remained deeply buried and on towards more habitable lands of Imperium Averna, searching for the trace of energy that had provoked it from its own realm of secrets.
With acute grace it spiraled downward over a vast forest of weird growth making, rest around a wide clearing and waited.

From the treeline stepped out Tissington dressed in soft metal armour of uniformed deep magenta engraved with protective sigils. She was Senior Guardian of the ruling House Ruby. Her ocean green eyes focused intently on the Elder as she spoke confidently under its gaze.
"This realm is under magickal catastrophe that sweeps and destroys and our greatest efforts to see it yeild have been unsuccessful."
The Elder remained still but spoke deeply.
"From non-euclidean dreams l awake unsettled to witness the leering antediluvian shores bobbing and slithering across this realm. It is She who is the cause. She who wields occult mazes of mathematical abysses.
"Tell me, gracious Elder of the Creatrix, where can of whom you speak be found? "
"Seek out and gather the Five Eldritch Screaming Constellations. Use them to venture into Her domain."

Tissington nodded and began to turn away back into the forest when the Elder spoke once more.
"There is one other thing that is required for the capture of the Five. Take but one scale from me."
As she gradually approached the dragon she could sense the warmth of the Elder's magickal power that thrilled her spirit and trembling she reached out a delicate hand to take the gift offered. The quantum scale drew out into her hand and absorbed into her skin with ice like pain, though Tissington flinched not once. A selection of tiny inked glyphs formed across the palm of her hand that touched the scale.
"What does it mean?" she asked.

The dragon moved its wings and was soaring high towards the emerging moon. The Elders cryptic answer remained with her. A sharpness of Dragons.
edit on 17-1-2015 by Tindalos2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Thats a great mini story. I like how you did in some type of old english/ story teller way. Good job man.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Tindalos2013

Absolutely gorgeous.

Admist the wonderous dusking skies..

You've used some almost magical phraes there; 'a sharpness of Dragons' conjures up so many images. I love your characters too, there's a nice mix of creepiness and royalty, wizards and magic.
Loved it!

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: chancellor336

Thank you. One of the things that can be difficult for me is finding the voice of the story. Over the years I have slowly built up a mythos for Imperium Averna adding a little more to it every so often.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Hey Tindalos!
Great story...rather exotic!!

I too like the olde English style of writing.

If this is part of a larger story (?)...you should post more for us to read!

S&F
jacygirl

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

There is a part of an earlier story I have written which focuses on the character of Mary Dragora and how she will rise to one day become Queen. www.abovetopsecret.com...

One day I hope to have a complete epic novel written.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

The parts of the story I have so far, written in an A4 writing pad still need lots of work regarding the narrative flow. I intend to devote more time to it this year.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Very awesome Story!! Very well written indeed!!! S+F For You for sure!!!
Syx.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Really enjoyed this!!

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I love your descriptiveness in conveying your story.

Well done.

CdT

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   
continued from above.

300 years earlier.

Mary Dragora was beginning to feel hungry and the thought of sinking her sharp teeth into a juicy white rabbit made her giggle. At that moment she glanced a movement of shadow out of the corner of her eye and she spun around only to find no-one there.
"Very well, keep hiding" she quietly spoke. "If I catch you I will krick and krack your bones."

Cribbley Crab was in the kitchen when Mary entered. He was looking through a mag glass at a silver cup.
"Don't you ever tire of looking at ditchware?" she asked. "Wouldn't you rather play a nice game of chess?" From Cribbley came no reply.

Mary ventured further around the castle, opening doors to look inside the rooms. One room that she peered inside at turned out to be used as a library. It was empty and dust sprites danced to and thro in the shafts of light from high windows.
"How curious" remarked Mary. "A library without any books is a poor library indeed."
As she entered she noticed a dusty book on the floor and as she bent to pick it up she again noticed a glitter of shadow moving, but when she looked around there of course was no-one to be seen.
Wiping away the dust the old leather bound book bore a single word on it. Evillennium.
The pages of the book were all blank as she browsed its contents.
Behind her a voice spoke in a muted boom.
"The book you hold belongs to you in a future time. That is why it is empty. You will fill it with your own words and the power of it will reshape the land of Imperium Averna."
Mary remained still but alert as she asked "Where are you from my mysterious voice?"
"I belong everywhere. I am a Elder of the Creatrix."
"If that is true then show me my destiny."
After a moments pause Mary's head filled with a powerful future memory.

The acient woods loomed above her as she ran breathlessly between the trees as branches eagerly snagged at her clothes. Fog hung in the air like a shoud on the night. Errie sounds began to whistle somewhere in the distance behind and she let out an involuntary yelp and the cold shiver of dread stirred within. Something grasped her foot and she screamed.

Mary was once more back in the library. Her hands empty of the book she had held. Silence settled once more.
Mary left that room altered but unafraid.

edit on 22-1-2015 by Tindalos2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
The last dragon flew low over the mighty Tiamatian Ocean still searching for the discomfort that had awoken it from sacred sleep. The baneful magick that was slowly creeping across the realm was something not seen since the Active Principle of Creation, at a time when the Dark Angle Jainzyl sang causing her voice to vibrate the infinite Abyss. The great battle that had followed to end the chaotic power had cost his kin greatly. Now he remained alone. But brave.

Onwards he flew changing direction towards the eastern coastal shores that lay far beyond the horizon, to where vast cracked mountains dominated and lightning storms forever had raged.

Purposely he knew that there would be one last battle to be fought, one last chance to right an error of judgement that he himself had set to motion three hundred years ago. Thinking of Tissington he knew that if he failed on this night then she would succeed in the quest set for her.

The Tower of Zazzle rose crooked high into the clouds that clasped to the sky. Built from mountain rock it had taken decades to be completed. Mary Dragora had made use of sub-demons for the work of it, many of them had died during its construction mainly due to the psychotic rages she entered into from some imagined slight or other thing. For this reason she had been dubbed The Dungeon Queen by those daring enough to even whisper it.
The tower itself existed between two dimensional barriers which offered sheiding against all but the most destructive of magical energies.

In the dim light of the frosty main chamber sat Mary upon a black stone throne set with chaotic gemstones. Her long leather and cloth dress trendriled with living shadows, to which she spoke.
"Have the services of the ghastly tribes been established?. I would think the trinkets I provided have been enough to secure their loyalty."
"They is secure but they is restless. They is hearing rumors of dragons abroad."
Her eyes narrowed to slits as she hissed "I am not approachable to such speculation." She stood and walked over to a large wood desk on which rested a small treasure chest carved with occult pictograms.
"There are no more dragons." she calmly spoke.

top topics

join