It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence of American mercenaries fighting in the Ukraine ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Maybe there are American mercenaries there, but do they necessarily need to be supplied by the U.S. government? Maybe they are simply Americans who are looking to make some money as a mercenary-for-hire.

Mercenaries don't necessarily need a government sponsor.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

If they are there on their own the pro Russian / Russian propaganda lose their boogeyman that is the US in their eyes.

I still think this is a hoax intended to divert attention away from the established FACT of Russian military units in Ukraine.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Use against separatists: Ukrainian army apparently gets support of US mercenaries

400 US mercenaries to fight in eastern Ukraine against the separatists. The reported "Bild am Sonntag" and refers to intelligence. The fighters come therefore from military service Academi, formerly known as Blackwater.

US private security company Academi | Who is behind the mercenaries?

Russia urges US to stop involvement of mercenaries in conflict in Ukraine

Rumors of American mercenaries in Ukraine spread to Germany

Ukraine: French Photographer Confirms U.S. Mercenary Presence

It has long been suspected there are mercenary armies operating in Ukraine from all over the world, makes sense given the nature of the conflict and its location. Why the concept of them being from America is so abhorrent I dont know, America employs mercenaries to fight its wars everywhere else from Iraq, Afghanistan, Somila, Syria, why would Ukraine be any different?.

America has a lot of vested financial interests in Ukraine as do many wealthy Ukrainian oligarchs, it is not unfeasible they wish to protect their investments.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Dabrazzo

Right and I linked to stopfake.org who addressed this issue and debunked it.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Dont know much about that video in your link. Please reference sources provided that address the issue of American mercenaries operating in Ukraine, or ignore them, up to you I suppose.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dabrazzo

Dont know much about that video in your link. Please reference sources provided that address the issue of American mercenaries operating in Ukraine, or ignore them, up to you I suppose.

lol the link I provided explains the video and images used and places them into context, which is to state they weren't US mercenaries. Read the source or don't, its up to you but it specifically deals with your sources.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
lets see if they come up with videos also about it to back it up...

Dead bodies in NATO uniforms, US weapons recovered from under debris of Donetsk airport

“While examining the building of the Donetsk airport, we found a great number of American firearms, assault rifles and hand mortars, equipment and communications devices,” he said. “We also found publications in European languages, including on religious matters.”

Apart from that, “we found dead bodies in NATO uniforms under the debris in the new terminal. Personal belongings indicated that these people were foreign citizens contracted by private military companies who operated under the disguise of Ukrainian subversive groups,” he said.

Source

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

To quote your hero -

Putin’s Crisis Spreads

“Why don’t you take a look at the post-Soviet states,” Putin responded. “There are many uniforms there that are similar. You can go to a store and buy any kind of uniform.”

Secondly last I checked NATO does not have a "uniform". NATO members utilize their own national uniform's.

Third your source is Russian and as we all know the Russians are hell bent on trying to blame everyone under the sun for Russia's actions in Ukraine.

Finally, and I have stated this time and again, that if Russia / Pro Russians actually find foreign troops, specifically NATO, they would be paraded in front of the cameras. Just as Russian / Pro Russian media have also shown dead bodies etc. I find it suspect they have done neither to support their claim.

So, with that said and in whats most likely a first, I agree with your comment about them producing images.

Honestly it sounds like a Russian tit for tat game in an effort to counter the fact Russians in Russian uniforms have been caught in Ukraine and have been shown on media to confirm those claims.

I found this interesting also - (This is from the context section and not the stopfake section)
Russia’s Reaction to EU ‘Counter-Propaganda’ Channel Hints at Fear

Russia’s Foreign Ministry slammed the European Union’s plan to create a Russian-language television channel in Europe as an attack on free speech, an official reaction that analysts say was tinged with insecurity.

“We’ve always taken a positive position on the freedom of speech. But the EU plans for creating a kind of counter-propaganda channel can hardly correspond to the concept of free speech,” Russia’s deputy foreign minister, Alexei Meshkov, said Monday in comments carried by state news agency TASS.

edit on 22-1-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Putin is not my hero, so why try to keep making that suggestion ?...it makes you look rather weak in having to resort to that kind of propaganda techniques.

It`s DPR and not Russian, nice try to mislead by throwing it on Russia its plate instead of where it belongs.

Secondly last I checked NATO does not have a "uniform".

They run around naked of course.

Third your source is Russian and as we all know the Russians are hell bent on trying to blame everyone under the sun for Russia's actions in Ukraine.

All that`s coming from Russia is false of course (however this wasn`t), just like RT about MH17.

Link

edit on 22 1 2015 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

** I was editing my post when you responded so it contains more information - just an FYI **

Hero or not his comment is still relevant about uniforms. I noticed you glossed over that one.

There is no difference between the "DPR" and Russia.

NATO members use their own national uniforms. There are NO NATO uniforms.

Russian media coverage on MH17 is false. Don't believe me look at the number of false claims / stories Russian media have put out. Every time they make a claim, which gets debunked, they run back and dream something else up an release it as fact.

Like the air to air missile - which is impossible.
Like the "image" of an aircraft firing a missile - which was the wrong aircraft and the images were superimposed.
Like the bullet hole theory.
That 1 plane shot it down.
Then it was multiple military aircraft.
Russian / Pro Russians never had a BUK system.
Russia editing their version of Wikipedia to blame Ukraine for the MH17 incident.

I can keep going but I would never finish at the rate Russia pumps it out.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

...still relevant about uniforms.

NATO uniforms are from NATO members or else they would have called it something else.

There is no difference between the "DPR" and Russia.

Yes there is, DPR isn`t part of RF and there`s no saying they speak with the mouth of the Kremlin, only you again suggesting something to paint a certain picture as usual.

Russian media coverage on MH17 is false.

It has been researched by an UK body if that was the case and it wasn`t. And because we don`t know what has happened yet, Western media might actually have been making false claims, so unless you come up with actual proof about what has happened instead of your usual baseless finger pointing there`s no telling who`s right.

I can keep going but I would never finish at the rate Russia pumps it out.

Just as the West has been doing with theit flip flopping about what has happened...come on, after more than half a year making one suggestion after another you have more left in you...there are still people who don`t think Putin is responsible for everything.

“very factually accurate news”

I hope they will subtitle it with English, so we in the West can have at least the first reliable Western Mainstream Media...but it will only fail if they don`t bring factual news, just as it did in Germany and the Netherlands those people aren`t so stupid at to swallowing everything at face value, and it will suffer the same faith very quickly as CNN, BBC and the likes without honest reporting...I have no idea why the Russians are fearing it.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien

NATO uniforms are from NATO members or else they would have called it something else.

There is NO such thing as a "NATO Uniform".

Yes there is, DPR isn`t part of RF and there`s no saying they speak with the mouth of the Kremlin, only you again suggesting something to paint a certain picture as usual.

The "DPR" is run from the Kremlin. There is no difference between the DPR and Russia.

It has been researched by an UK body if that was the case and it wasn`t. And because we don`t know what has happened yet, Western media might actually have been making false claims, so unless you come up with actual proof about what has happened instead of your usual baseless finger pointing there`s no telling who`s right.

Actually no there was no research showing that. Russian media has in fact been caught many times lying, including about MH17. They have all been discussed on this site in many of the threads dealing with the Ukraine crisis. I recommend you read what people post instead of glossing over them.

Just as the West has been doing with theit flip flopping about what has happened...come on, after more than half a year making one suggestion after another you have more left in you...there are still people who don`t think Putin is responsible for everything.

Claims made by the west have been proven. Just like during the start of this mess Ukraine kept claiming Russian forces were seizing Crimea. Just like Ukraine claiming Russian forces were fighting in South and East Ukraine.

You and others vehemently denied those claims, which we now know are absolute fact.

Then we have the Pro Russian / Russian claims where more than enough evidence and facts have been presented to show their claims are in fact lies / false.

“very factually accurate news”

I hope they will subtitle it with English, so we in the West can have at least the first reliable Western Mainstream Media...but it will only fail if they don`t bring factual news, just as it did in Germany and the Netherlands those people aren`t so stupid at to swallowing everything at face value, and it will suffer the same faith very quickly as CNN, BBC and the likes without honest reporting...I have no idea why the Russians are fearing it.

Russians fear it because it will expose their lies on the international level.

Currently you have individual national media doing their thing, which includes coverage of the Ukraine mess. A single network dedicated to exposing Russian propaganda will reach a broad audience in more than just one country with its focus on countering Russian propaganda.

Its like Putin demanding the Ukraine government forces accept yet another cease fire offer in order to withdraw heavy weapons. That withdrawal was established in the Minsk agreement yet Pro Russians / Russians failed to abide by it.

Putin wants his cake and to eat it also.

He is not going to get it that way and once again we see the west, again, challenging Putin with Putin refusing to acknowledge his mistakes. All he has left is the talk and with the new news outlet being discussed, and should it go through, putin wont have the talk anymore either.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

When it isn`t even working to people many miles away, it sure won`t work to people who will hear things on the street from hearsay, so it`s just a big joke to think people are all so gullible.

It will just come on the already big list of failed things of the West which is growing by the minute.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Russia media is in part directed at those outside Russia and this is exactly whats being discussed with the new media setup. Since the Russian government has but closed off foreign media outlets operating inside Russia its safe to assume the counter media outlet being discussed wont be broadcast inside Russia.

Its to demonstrate on the world stage that Russia lying about what it is doing in Ukraine among other places.

For Russia to make claims about freedom of the press only to close down media outlets not loyal to Putin one has to ask - what are they hiding?

You are an intelligent person so I fail to understand how you are not seeing this.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

If Russia is allowed to send "volunteers" to Ukraine why wouldn't countries like Poland and Slovakia be allowed to do the same? They also have a vested interest in the ongoing war and would benefit if Russia's expansionism was quashed.

When has the West's narrative ever changed? Since day one they've stated that MH17 was downed by a BUK operated by the rebels.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Easy, it`s about the Russians in the bordering countries and they will be not that stupid to swallow outright lies, so they have no choice as to being partly honest.

I`m from a country in which they tried to do it the American way right after MH17, it lasted only 10 days before the comment sections filled up with very disgruntled people about the biased reporting, maybe you forgot about what has happened in Germany with the chief editor having to bite the dust with an public apology.

Things like FOX News are only working in the US, so telling only lies and twists do not work for reliability and with the ties they have with Russia there will be additional information to offset Western propaganda...so not going to work.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

If Russia is allowed to send "volunteers" to Ukraine why wouldn't countries like Poland and Slovakia be allowed to do the same? They also have a vested interest in the ongoing war and would benefit if Russia's expansionism was quashed.

Why would those people go and fight to protect the Ukraine, they are sure not that stupid to think they are protecting their country...so they fight for money, mercenaries that is ?

When has the West's narrative ever changed? Since day one they've stated that MH17 was downed by a BUK operated by the rebels.

...for sure yeah, without a doubt...only to be debunked by themselves later on by saying they have no proof of it...yet quickly confirmed by themselves again they have absolute proof of it...to be followed they weren`t sure about it....but then again followed they did knew it for sure...and so on.

Somehow they also don`t be able to make up their minds about where the "BUK" launch site actual was, let alone who did it, was it the Russians or the Separatists...and there`s also have been quite a bit flip flopping going on about if there were actual satellite images with proof...so you must have been living under a rock to not have have seen that or you simply act like it?

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   

No Russian media is doing it to set the stage for them to invoke the Hitler'esque protecting ethnic Russians BS so they can invade with a false justification.

like they did in Ukraine...

and Georgia...

and Moldova...

and Armenia...

As for western media you seem to either overlook or ignore a critical element. When they are wrong they get called out and the record gets corrected. In Russia they just lie and move on.

Russia was requested to provide their information and evidence to the UN. To date Russia has not complied.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Why wouldn't people from those countries be concerned about Russia's current moves in Ukraine? Russia has already taken land from former Soviet states. If they take Ukraine who's to say they wouldn't try the same elsewhere? I can see Poland especially taking interest in what happens. The wounds of the Nazi occupation immediately followed by the Soviet occupation are still fresh. I can see their citizens being very interested in what happens in Ukraine and making sure Russia doesn't expand towards them any more.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Why wouldn't people from those countries be concerned about Russia's current moves in Ukraine?

Because Russia ins`t interested, if so they would have taken the whole of Ukraine already, they didn`t accept DPR and LPR in the RF, now didn`t they ?

Is Chechnya Russian right now ? NO !

Is Georgia Russian right now ? NO !

That kind of gibberish works only people who have very limited knowledge.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join