It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence of American mercenaries fighting in the Ukraine ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Evidence of American mercenaries fighting in the Ukraine ?

...at least of lethal weapons being supplied to the Ukrainians.

You won`t use weapons without enough ammunition and they sure have enough of it.

This is another proof about US involvement and so much for the fallacy of not supplying offensive weapons to the Ukrainians.

Daniel Walsh
DOES ANYBODY ELSE spot the Novorossiyan soldier with an American M16 assault rifle at 0:54? Where the hell did he get that? This proves that their are American mercenaries fighting for the Ukranian army. He probably found it in the airport.

Will Smith
Yeah if you watch the interview video with Zakharchenko a reporter asks him about a cache of western weapons being displayed, captured from the airport, German sniper rifles and M16s among them. Funny thing is Ukraine has/had the largest stockpile of military firearms in the world inherited from the Soviet Union.

KLINK77
Spotted that right away too. It's kind of strange that they would use an AR variant at all. I mean if that's all they had available, I'd understand. If that is in fact a 5.56x45mm AR, they must have found a LARGE cache of ammo too because I doubt they have many 5.56 NATO rounds in Eastern Ukraine. Of course, it could be a 5.45x39mm caliber AR.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

Well with us Actively trying to sink the rubble and hurt Russia economically. I dont see it as big shock that we would be supplying weapons to Ukraine.

I wonder about this stratgey of ours I dont know if it will end well if we keep poking The Bear.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Cold war tactics, old war mentality, bring in the big bucks while rome burns.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
The US may arm them and support them in tying up Russia short term but the writing is on the wall. Ukraine WILL go back to Russia and the US is going to invest as little as possible in the mean time. It is a waste of operation budgets knowing it can not last. Just throw the Ukraine's some guns, keep the media biting at Putins throat and keep the eye on the ball which is Syria and possibly Saudi Arabia at the moment.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
So?

I can't remember the last time I qualified with an m -16, thats so last decade for the us military.

On a more serious note, military surplus is a huge world wide industry, 5.56 is made all over the world, Ukraine is a rich target for a gun runner to make cash.

Or maybe putin bought some and planted it... That's just as viable a reason as the us did it.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

This is another proof about US involvement and so much for the fallacy of not supplying offensive weapons to the Ukrainians.

So, I guess you can only find what looks like an AR, yet there is no proof it came from the US, and the linked video has nothing to do with your headline.

Where is the proof that this is happening?

edit on 17-1-2015 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-1-2015 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

...and where`s the proof you have been to school and know what question marks are ?

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Ukraines ammunition stocks are Russian and aging. Remember the threads about rusting ammunition and Kiev troops running across the Russian border because they ran out?

Besides that, what mystery is it that Ukraine is now considered an ally to NATO? On their webiste Ukraine is listed as a partner. Scroll down in here…

NATO partners (alphabetical)

Ukraine in the fold

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

...and where`s the proof you have been to school and know what question marks are ?

My puncuation isn't what this thread is about, so care to address the questions?

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

On their webiste Ukraine is listed as a partner.

And have been since the 90's.

NATO-Ukraine relations were formally launched in 1991, when Ukraine joined the North Atlantic Cooperation Council (succeeded by the Euro-Atlantic Partnership Council in 1997), immediately upon achieving independence with the break-up of the Soviet Union.

A few years later, in 1994, Ukraine became the first of the Commonwealth of Independent States to join the Partnership for Peace. The country soon demonstrated its commitment to contribute to Euro-Atlantic security in its support for the NATO-led peacekeeping operations in the Balkans during the 1990s.

www.nato.int...

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Yah, thanks, I am aware of the Official line. One big happy NATO…

But keep the US weapons out of sight guys, It looks bad.

ETA: Now call it a civil war. Well hell, if its NATO why aren't there US NATO jets strafing and bombing Eastern Ukraine?

That would look even worse.
edit on 17-1-2015 by intrptr because: ETA:

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Now call it a civil war.

Had it just been Ukrainian separatists and not a mix of Russian soldiers and separatists then you could call it one, but it isn't so you can't.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Had it just been Ukrainian separatists and not a mix of Russian soldiers and separatists then you could call it one, but it isn't so you can't.

Convenient line of reasoning that. Its a 'civil' war when theres a need to show Kiev in a positive light and a 'Russian incursion' when it comes to explaining why the Eastern Ukrainians are "anti Kiev".

Hey, I was just responding to the question…

First you want proof of US involvement… like it "doesn't exist".

They are listed as NATO partners…

Then its oh, since the 90's.

And have been since the 90's.

Nice dodge.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Nice dodge.

What exactly did I dodge?

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Hell I've seen video interviews on MSM of Western guys going to fight in Ukraine for the government. The guy I saw took his own US weapon and entire kit actually. No idea where he was getting his ammo after the first week or so.

Here was the end result story of the guy...
news.vice.com...

I wouldn't doubt there are some more in the country. Doesn't show the US is arming Ukraine however. Or providing troops.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

Nice dodge.

What exactly did I dodge?

Now dummy up, dragging content down the page.

Nice catch, OP. A US made M16 rifle is definitely visible in the video of Ukrainian soldiers right at :54.

Proof of exactly nothing according to T2000 mind melder.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

mer·ce·nar·y ˈmərsəˌnerē/ noun plural noun: mercenaries
1. a professional soldier hired to serve in a foreign army.
synonyms soldier of fortune, professional soldier, hired soldier, gunman;
More: informal: hired gun; historical :condottiere "a group of mercenaries"
2. a person primarily concerned with material reward at the expense of ethics. "the sport's most infamous mercenary"
synonyms:hired, paid, bought, professional "mercenary soldiers"

there are many mercenaries throughout the world, they all just don't come from contractors in the U.S..
the AR platform is also one of the favorite platforms made, plus there are many rifles that fire the 5.56×45mm NATO.
here is a list of countries that use the 5.56×45mm NATO round. NATO Memebers and Non Memebers

Argentina FARA 83
Australian F88 Austeyr rifle and F89 Minimi machine gun. (ADI Thales also supplies ammunition)
Austrian Steyr AUG rifle
Belgium: CAL, Minimi, FNC, SCAR, F2000.
Bulgaria: Arsenal AD AR series
Brazil: IMBEL MD2, LAPA FA-03
Chinese QBZ-97, QBZ-03, CQ 5.56, QBB-97, KBU-97A
Canadian Colt Canada C7 rifle, C8 rifle and the C9
Colombian FaB 556
Croatia: HS Produkt VHS rifle (VHS-K (short version) and VHS-D (long version))
Czech Republic: CZ-805 BREN
French: FAMAS
Georgian: G5 carbine
Germany: HK33, HK53, HK13E, HK23E, G41, G36, MG4, HK416, RH-70
Indian INSAS rifle
Indonesian PINDAD SS1 and SS2 rifles
Iranian KH-2002, Fateh and Nabi assault rifles
Israeli IMI Negev, IMI Galil and Tavor TAR-21 bullpup rifle
Italian AR70/90, Franchi mod. 641, SOCIMI AR-831 Japanese Howa Type 89
Malaysian VB Berapi LP06 rifle
Mexican FX-05 Xiuhcoatl rifle
Peruvian FAD rifle and Diseños Casanave SC-2005
Philippine MSSR sniper rifle, PVAR rifle, and Special Operations Rifle (SOAR).
Polish Kbk wz. 1996 Mini-Beryl and Beryl wz.96 rifles
Russian AK-101, AK-102, AK-108, AK-12 and KBP A-91
Serbian M80 M85,M90,M21 and M92
Singaporean SR-88 and SAR-21 rifles and Ultimax 100 machine gun
South African Vektor R4 series of rifles and carbines, Truvelo Raptor, Vektor CR-21 rifle and Mini-SS machine gun
South Korean K2 rifle, K3 light machine gun, and K11 dual-barrel air-burst weapon
Swedish Ak 5 system, derived from the Belgian FN FNC rifle
Swiss SIG 530/540/550 series, with lesser performances than the round for which it was initially designed, the Gw Pat.90 cartridge
Taiwan: T65 Rifle, T86 rifle and T91 Rifle.
Thailand: Rung Paisarn RPS-001 and Type 11
Turkish Safir T-15 and Safir T-17
United Kingdom: Sterling SAR-87, SA80 series rifles.
US M16 rifle series, M4 Carbine, US/Belgian M249 Squad Automatic Weapon, and US/Belgian Mk. 16 SCAR-L
Examples of rifles marketed for non-military applications that can take the 5.56 cartridge include:
Bushmaster ACR rifle
Kel-Tec SU-16 series semi-automatic rifles
Saiga 223 semi-automatic rifle
Remington Model 7615 Police Patrol Rifle
Remington Model 700 series bolt-action rifle
Ruger Mini-14 semi-automatic rifle
Steyr Scout series bolt-action rifle
Winchester Model 70 series bolt-action rifle
Volquartsen Evolution autoloading competition/varmint rifle
Smith & Wesson M&P15 semi automatic ar-15 rifle
Bushmaster Firearms International#Carbon 15 semi automatic carbon polymer based ar-15 rifle
List of 5.56×45mm NATO firearms

so it's gonna take more than just that to prove there are U.S. people or forces on the ground there.

edit on 17-1-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

ETA:
here is a wiki on the M-16, scroll down to the bottom and you will see a list of countries that also use the weapon or variants of it.
plus if you look at the right side at the list of wars the weapon has been used in you will see this.2014 pro-Russian unrest in Ukraine

edit on 17-1-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Nice catch, OP. A US made M16 rifle is definitely visible in the video of Ukrainian soldiers right at :54.

Except that video is about the separatists and them going to Donetsk Airport. SO that wouldn't be a Ukrainian soldier.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

Except that video is about the separatists and them going to Donetsk Airport. SO that wouldn't be a Ukrainian soldier.

They are all Ukrainians. Back to the civil war again? Are you suggesting the US is arming the "pro Russians" or whatever liars call them? They probably captured the weapons when they surrounded the "Ukrainian" (Kiev) army last fall.

The Donetsk Republic agreed to Putin’s mercy request as long as the Ukrainians left their weapons behind. The Donetsk Republic is short on weapons as, contrary to Western lies, the Donetsk Republic is not supplied with weapons by Russia.

Link

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Ever hear of military surplus and the black market? If we use your logic Russia supplies all terrorist with AK-47s right?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join