It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which is more of a threat to America, Radical Muslims or Radical Christians?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

I didn't name anyone so how can I be personally insulting anyone? But for the record so maybe you feel less offended. I think any brand of fundamentalism is a threat to freedom. I don't have an issue with Christianity outside of fundamentalism nor any other religion. What I said is the truth, I'm sorry if that offends you.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: SgtHamsandwich
Religion as a whole is a threat to America. That's why the country was built by our forefathers with a separation of church and state. That ideology seems to be lost these days.

The principle idea behind the separation of church and state is meant as saying that the state *cannot tell you* what church you must adhere to, belong to.

The forefathers built the nation on that, as well as a few other principles. Unless you are saying that religion and it's viral properties is a threat answered with this approach to things, I'd have to say you are not 100% on target with your assessment of the situation. The founding fathers, not all 100% christian, simply wanted the ability to shake off the control of not only a church, but a king.

Religion

Lambert (2003) has examined the religious affiliations and beliefs of the Founders. Of the 55 delegates to the 1787 Constitutional Convention, 49 were Protestants, and two were Roman Catholics (D. Carroll, and Fitzsimons).[citation needed] Among the Protestant delegates to the Constitutional Convention, 28 were Church of England (or Episcopalian, after the American Revolutionary War was won), eight were Presbyterians, seven were Congregationalists, two were Lutherans, two were Dutch Reformed, and two were Methodists.[citation needed]

A few prominent Founding Fathers were anti-clerical Christians, such as Thomas Jefferson[18][19][20] (who created the so-called Jefferson Bible) and Benjamin Franklin.[21] Others (most notably Thomas Paine, who authored the religious book The Age of Reason[22]) were deists, or at least held beliefs very similar to those of deists.[23] Historian Gregg L. Frazer argues that the leading Founders (Adams, Jefferson, Franklin, Wilson, Morris, Madison, Hamilton, and Washington) were neither Christians nor Deists, but rather supporters of a hybrid "theistic rationalism".[24]

Good 'ol Wikipedia...gotta love it..

In all honesty, whether it be from those who are radical in Islamic faith, or a radical belief in Snuffalupagus, I personally worry that any form of "group think" is something we should all abolish.

Groupthink is a psychological phenomenon that occurs within a group of people, in which the desire for harmony or conformity in the group results in an irrational or dysfunctional decision-making outcome. Group members try to minimize conflict and reach a consensus decision without critical evaluation of alternative viewpoints, by actively suppressing dissenting viewpoints, and by isolating themselves from outside influences.

Peave, Love, 'n Whale Tales....

-NF

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouNeedMe
a reply to: sirlancelot

Here you go, this should get you started:

A Historical Look At Israeli False Flag Operations

www.ascertainthetruth.com...

Oh man very credible proof you have there!

British and American targets have been bombed before, and the evidence seemed to point to a specific perpetrator. But the evidence was faked.

Give me proof not conjecture. Just because someone says it doesn't mean it's fact or truth.

I could write a blog right now and saw a bunch of nonsense but does that mean it's true?

And your entire opinion of this matter comes from a Muslim, Activist, Music writer who when googled has very little to say of importance about much of anything!

Like I said Im not jewish and have no reason to defend judaism but when moronic statement deserves clarification.

Most of what the article cited where how Isreal fought for what they believe is their holy land.

Since the Op is about whether christian or islam threats were more dangerous I'll leave it at that!

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: Kali74

Can you ever get a point across without being personally insulting, I'm curious.

Hmmm. Where's your card, fundy!

-NF

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
"Religion is notorious for conceiving an idea and trying to make it true, either by propaganda or sometimes force...while science makes a discovery and immediately sets about trying to disprove it, just to make sure it's correct before everybody makes idiots of themselves" -- Seth MacFarlane

"Any god that requires small minded bigots to speak for it, is not worth the breath it takes to pray." -- Jesper Myrfors

Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich. -- Napoleon

"The same people that wrote the bible thought the world was flat. "

My answer is that I have no problem with people believing what they want, so long as their beliefs are NOT used as an excuse to inflict harm upon others, extract wealth from them, enslave them

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

originally posted by: TzarChasm

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: sirlancelot

Christians will die for what they believe.

You will die for what Muslims believe!

thats because they cant exactly imprison you for killing yourself, unlike if christian fanatics were to start committing murder for their god. its the "next best thing".

but lets not make the mistake of thinking they wouldnt kill if they could get away with it. because thats NEVER happened before, right?

Oh, Christians can kill alright, Bush and Blair had God on their side, in fact both have said they talked to him prior to the war in Iraq. He advised wisely on that one didn't he?

I know Bush said that but I don't recall Blair saying it. In fact, he said, "We don't do God." Perhaps that was a different time. However, to stay on topic, yes, Bush referred to the war in Iraq as a crusade. The message was abundantly clear to radical Christians and to all Muslims, radical or not: it was a holy war.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikeone718
I feel more threatened by liberals and radical black groups than by Muslims, Christians and Jews put together.

What have hippy conservatives done that is scary? I mean besides being ignorantly stubborn and misguided.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Tuck that fear away and redirect it into tooling up for the problem. Bring your radical ass on over. I'll deal with it straight up bluntly. You won't like it very much. I'd expect the same if I was doing it to you. There's where we're at. Address the 300 pound gorilla in the room. The tame banter only gets the radicals in a frenzy.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Only read the 1st page so far.
My answer is both are as bad as each other, and all other religions.
Religion is the abomination of our race. We just haven't evolved and recycled enough to realise it yet.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Without religion how would we know whom to hate?

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: rupertg

I think hatred existed before religion developed. Someone straying too close to your tribe's grounds or those different people who live three day's journey over the mountains, the hunter you envy....

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   
The biggest threat to america and the whole world for that matter.

Fundy Car makers.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Not the Christians. Even fundamental they don't follow the old testament and uphold the constitution and human rights, equality of their nations.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: pikestaff
I have yet to see Christian sects making war on each other, Shia and sunnies seem to be at each others throats all the time, and isil just killing everyone in their way, hamas in Gaza are quite happy to shoot Palestinians as well as Israelis. (yes I know historicaley Christians and Jews made war, and English Christians wared with continental Catholics, but not much these days).

Hard to imagine why this post got so many stars. How easily we forget all the killing done in the name of the Christian Gods.

On July 16, 2002, the IRA issued its first apology to the families of the 650 civilians killed by the IRA since the late 1960s. The apology was released several days before the 30th anniversary of the IRA's Bloody Friday attack on July 21, 1972, which left 9 people dead and some 130 injured. During the attack in Belfast, 22 bombs exploded during a period of only 75 minutes.

www.infoplease.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Whether it's a Muslim screaming death to the infidels or a Christian calling for genocide of Homosexuals...

Both are as dangerous as each other to be honest.

But neither is a threat to the States in a sense of Law or control!

At the bolded: This is wrong, Muslims are FAR MORE LIKELY to act upon their hatred and disagreements than Christians. Show me a Christian group that has went around systematically beheading and crucifying Gays in this country, you won't find it.

As to the answer to the OP. I think the most danger Christians in the country present is mostly for social values, and changing them through protest and communication.

HOWEVER: Muslims are much more of. Direct and lethal threat to American people.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Gosh only had to get a few pages in to see how well divide and conquer works....

I don't believe either group (or blacks or whites) are as they are painted. Obviously I will defend myself if a Muslim tried to behead me, or a Christian tries to burn me, or a white supremacist lynches me, or I get shot by a gang member or thug.
But I think even playin this "who's worse" game is like loading that gun up already, picking sides before the real battle has begun (for some of us, at least). EVERYONE is being used as controlled opposition, when in reality,many of us are on the same side (and you'd be surprised at those against us). Crazy's gunna crazy whether there's an instruction book or no.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: hillbilly4rent

Also, don't forget a possible "hispanic supremacist insurgency". I know hispanic is technically an ethnicity but most latinos/hispanics/chicanos refuse to identify their race in addition to their ethnicity. I hope that makes sense.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

I'm not sure when the last time "Radical Christians" recruited suicide bombers...including women & children to bomb shopping centers or churches/temples? Also, when was the last time a radical Christians committed honor killings in the name of God which typically includes family members...not just distant relatives but their own kin! If someone is willing to kill their family members because they felt "shamed"...what will they do to complete strangers/"infidels"?!

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 05:12 AM
link   
In a Western Society, i think it's fairly obvious who would be the 'biggest threat'.

If you can't tell the difference, 'whomever in general who's reading this', then you
probably don't live in North America or in Democratic society's .. if you can still
call them that.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join