It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which is more of a threat to America, Radical Muslims or Radical Christians?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
The greatest threat to the USA is the elected representatives and bureaucrats who are unelected and of course there is the entire K street who re lobbyist.
a reply to: starwarsisreal

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimTSpock
End muslim immigration to western countries. Why should western countries continue to take muslim refugees and immigrants from middle eastern countries. Why should they move to western countries. Not politically correct but this is coming. The question should be asked what right do they have to live here? Do we have the right to live in their countries?

I dunno, maybe because it's the wars we have created and the devastation it has caused that have displaced these people?

Edit- Would you really want to live in these places, where power vacuums have been created because they've decided to shut up the puppets that were put in power?
edit on 17/1/15 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Neither... The greatest threats to America are apathy and ignorance.

Be it republicans, democrats, Christians, Muslims, blacks, whites... etc

As long as the gerneral population remains for the most part apathetic and ignorant we are doomed.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
Neither... The greatest threats to America are apathy and ignorance.

Be it republicans, democrats, Christians, Muslims, blacks, whites... etc

As long as the gerneral population remains for the most part apathetic and ignorant we are doomed.

Keep your beliefs to yourself and we won't have a problem. I do my part. I don't get mad when someone comes up and asks me do I believe in Jesus. I tell them no and go on about my day. That is unless they persist. Then I do get a little upset and try for one last time in a civil tongue. I'm not interested. If that doesn't work, I tell them to get the F away from me with that bull#.
edit on 17-1-2015 by LOSTinAMERICA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
Christianity because its fundamentalists have already, despite the Constitution, enshrined it into US government, law and society and continue to try to increase it's hold on this nation.

You HAVE to be an outspoken Christian to be a Conservative Republican.
The only religious speech represented in government is Christian.
The reason gays have to fight tooth and nail to gain the legal privileges associated with marriage and still haven't fully succeeded is because it offends Christians for them to be married.
Christians have legal say over women's bodies.

Wow, deranged radicals of ANY kind scare me.
I like this cartoon

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Okay. Yes. If the only two choices about which are more of a threat to America, radical Muslims or radical Christians, on further thought, I would have to say probably radical Christians.

Right now, the radical Muslims we have an eye on to the extreme. We have LE protocols in place to deal with. We have entire government agencies and the military in place to deal with. We're hypersensitized and hypersensitive to.

But radical Christians might not be as easy to identify, are not that scrutinized (though they are to some degree), and may not be generally viewed as that much of a threat, and so they could probably penetrate the government and enterprise more easily and bring it down with barely anyone noticing the subtle vs in-your-face changed.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Hard to answer between the two without knowing how many well armed/militarized groups are in America.

But since all the "Americas" are pretty much civilized Christians, many Radical Muslims would need to be a threat in order to get any power.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Here's something that everyone can rally on. The separation of Church and State! It wasn't put there for nothing.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA
Here's something that everyone can rally on. The separation of Church and State! It wasn't put there for nothing.

Maybe before all is said and done we will have to amend that to also say "separation of mosque and state"?

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA

Maybe before all is said and done we will have to amend that to also say "separation of mosque and state"?

Separation of Religion and State is more like it. I'm for stopping the problem before it starts.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Can you ever get a point across without being personally insulting, I'm curious.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I vote for the Christian fundamentalists. They've already got a foot on the door with the Tea Party and the good folks like Ted Cruz. I truly fear the 7 Mountain movement achieving it's goals. I fear what kind of world my step-grandaughters and great nieces will grow up in.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: LOSTinAMERICA

I'd happily sacrifice all religions for a United States government that actually worked for the people, and as the founders intended.

Right now it seems we are all peasants under the supreme rule of a caliphate of Morons. Those who worship themselves first, then their special interests, and of course, their own radical agendas.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

I'd happily sacrifice all religions for a United States government that actually worked for the people, and as the founders intended.

Right now it seems we are all peasants under the supreme rule of a caliphate of Morons. Those who worship themselves first, then their special interests, and of course, their own radical agendas.

I self reflected today while doing some gardening. Do I have a better life in general than I did 30 years ago? It's better now and the problems are just different. There's a fine line between being vigilant and paranoia. I don't think we have anything to worry about just yet. It's still there showing it's ugly face once in a while. Society usually puts things down that is no good for it. I should have more faith in my fellow man.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Try to say that in a muslim country and see how you go. The real question is is Islam compatible with western democracy. Forget about the politically correct automatic answer I think we are moving past that. I've heard some academic commentators say we are now witnessing the failure of a civilization, the Islamic world in the middle east. The west is expected to respect their culture when they live here but do they respect ours?

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimTSpock

Try to say that in a muslim country and see how you go. The real question is is Islam compatible with western democracy. Forget about the politically correct automatic answer I think we are moving past that. I've heard some academic commentators say we are now witnessing the failure of a civilization, the Islamic world in the middle east. The west is expected to respect their culture when they live here but do they respect ours?

I wouldn't live in that cesspool backwards piece of # for anything. I'm not going over there and telling them what to do. I don't put myself in bad situations. You got me #ed up with someone who cares what they think.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
That's being brutally honest.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
So which is more plausible a Christian Theocracy or Islamic Caliphate?

In America? Neither is plausible. We have secular rule of law and most people are too educated to fall for a theocracy or a caliphate. The only way that could happen is if it was applied to us from outside forces.

I disagree. It can and, at some point, probably will happen. In violation of the Constitution, our secular government has placed a Faith-Based Office in the White House and there are constant attempts by various groups to breech the church/state wall.

Most Americans are very poorly educated. They can't find continents on a world map, can't name their senators, have never read the Bill of Rights, and are unfamiliar with the history of anything other than sports teams.

Radical Christianity poses a far greater threat to democracy than does radical Islam simply because there are more radical Christians here.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Thank you for posting these videos. This belies the oft repeated claim that no Christians want theocracy. In fact, the 12-14 million strong Religious Right calls for theocracy.Those who don't believe me can read their own words on Christian Reconstructionist websites.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: sirlancelot

Here you go, this should get you started:

A Historical Look At Israeli False Flag Operations

www.ascertainthetruth.com...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join