It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator's Husband Stands to Pocket Big Bucks off this Government Deal

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: IAMTAT

I am not greedy or rich. How do you legislate greed in a free market country?

Free markets do not work. Period.
They end up in monopoly. Too much money turns most people into psychopaths.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Well if the GOP would stop forcing the bankruptcy of the USPS they wouldn't have to lease off property.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Everyone calm down it was democrat that did this so its okay, just ask them.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
Well if the GOP would stop forcing the bankruptcy of the USPS they wouldn't have to lease off property.

Now that's one way to obfuscate the issue. Of course! That explains everything!.... It's Bush's fault.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: theMediator

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: IAMTAT

I am not greedy or rich. How do you legislate greed in a free market country?

Free markets do not work. Period.
They end up in monopoly. Too much money turns most people into psychopaths.

Governments with HUMANS don't work.

They ALL end up in class warfare.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I see no issue with this deal going thru. It's not the seated representative profiting, so it's not unethical. Real estate is really a bare bones industry anyways without much room for hanky-panky, so it's really clear cut to start with.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asynchrony
I see no issue with this deal going thru. It's not the seated representative profiting, so it's not unethical. Real estate is really a bare bones industry anyways without much room for hanky-panky, so it's really clear cut to start with.

It's her husband's company! She indirectly is getting it. I guess this is her retirement package. There should be a nepotism clause in government contracts.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Bush is the GOP?

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
They all do it.

It's one of the perqs of being in Congress, dontcha know?

Why do you think they all stay there forever? To serve YOU?

Bwahaha.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Uh huh... Right... Democrats have never had control and couldn't have stopped the process then I guess.. Huh.

I have no doubt a Republican has done something similar.

But this is borderline insider trading in my opinion, and at the worst she should be censured by the ethics comittee.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

It's definitely bad... just saying the USPS wouldn't have to lease off anything if the GOP would stop attacking them. Simple truth.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I guess the fact that this violates federal anti trust laws went unnoticed by the USPS. And the media.. Just like they did with Harry Reid using the BLM to assist in his relatives gain from that land grab.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

How come Obama didn't fix this when Congress was all Democrat in 2009 and 2010?

I wonder if Feinstein voted in favor of or against that reform act in 2006?

Hmmm.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Then why didn't the dems fix it when they had a super majority?

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Ah yes, I believe it's the old, "Do as I say, not as I do" maneuver.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Would that legislation change be under campaign finance reform or all finance reform?

"Since 2001, House and presidential candidates and PACs have been required to electronically file their campaign finance reports. But the Senate evaded those requirements on a technicality, according to the Sunlight Foundation, leaving the Federal Election Commission to scan in thousands of pages each quarter and interested parties to try to piece together the money trail on their own."

Read more: www.politico.com...

From 2009: www.washingtonpost.com...
edit on 17-1-2015 by MOMof3 because: add a link

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   

I don't know I'm not in Congress nor am I a democrat. Just an FYI though... A couple of years back a bill passed to end insider trading in Congress, it was signed and everything. A couple of months later the GOP repealed it.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

I don't know I'm not in Congress nor am I a democrat. Just an FYI though... A couple of years back a bill passed to end insider trading in Congress, it was signed and everything. A couple of months later the GOP repealed it.

And Obama signed it.

Congress voted last month to repeal part of the law. Obama quickly signed the legislation.

Still, two major elements of the law remain. Insider trading is illegal, even for members of Congress and the executive branch. And for those who are covered by the now-narrower law, disclosures of large stock trades are required within 45 days. It will just be harder to get to them.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Wasn't it Michelle Obama's sorority sisters company that royally screwed up the healthcare.gov website? That only cost us a cool $1 Billion that we know of.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Yes he did.
You assumed I'm a fan?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join