It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator's Husband Stands to Pocket Big Bucks off this Government Deal

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
This should be ILLEGAL!

Dianne Feinstein shows how it's done!

Ever wonder how lowly paid lawmakers leave office filthy rich? Sen. Dianne Feinstein is showing how it’s done.

The US Postal Service plans to sell 56 buildings — so it can lease space more expensively — and the real estate company of the California senator’s husband, Richard Blum, is set to pocket about $1 billion in commissions.

Blum’s company, CBRE, was selected in March 2011 as the sole real estate agent on sales expected to fetch $19 billion. Most voters didn’t notice that Blum is a member of CBRE’s board and served as chairman from 2001 to 2014. This feat of federal spousal support was ignored by the media after Feinstein’s office said the senator, whose wealth is pegged at $70 million, had nothing to do with the USPS decisions. When the national debt is $18 trillion, a billion seems like small change.

edit on 17-1-2015 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

link don't work and what should be illegal I have no clue what this op is about?

Oh yay thank you
edit on 17-1-2015 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman

link don't work and what should be illegal I have no clue what this op is about?

Oops! It works now.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
What? Your link?

That's better!

edit on 17-1-2015 by Hoosierdaddy71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Thats why business and politics should never mix. Conflict of interest, much?

Even more convenient when you're a senator like Feinstein and your husband is a wealthy developer. No revolving door required. Just go home after work and work out a "deal".

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   

"Lowly paid lawmaker?"

What's that?

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Just another person in power taking advantage of their position. You would think that they would at least try to hide conflict.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
oh that evil witch. The Devil himself resides within her. She is the antithesis of Traditional American values, the evil witch.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   
That's how Capitalism works.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   

In the old days, it was called 'Graft'!
...just another "Dead Broke" liberal politician.

edit on 17-1-2015 by IAMTAT because: comment added

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
You know the old saying you don't go to DC to make laws you go there to make money. Both sides do this so why do people acted shocked when they find out it's real?

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
That's how Capitalism works.

That's how crony American government works.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: DYepes
oh that evil witch. The Devil himself resides within her. She is the antithesis of Traditional American values, the evil witch.

Funny how the people in charge abusing their power is an American value, considering that it has existed for centuries before America was even a country.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Feinstein is the number 1 reason I cannot take the democratic party serious.

She is as corrupt as they come in DC, this is not the first time she has done this with zero repercussions.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
You know the old saying you don't go to DC to make laws you go there to make money. Both sides do this so why do people acted shocked when they find out it's real?

Yes, except the Democrat who is doing it in this case made her career out of demonizing the wealthy and big business.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I read the article. I did not see where any laws were broken. How do you legislate greed hidden behind free market principles? It is a morality problem that seems to have taken over america.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
I read the article. I did not see where any laws were broken. How do you legislate greed hidden behind free market principles? It is a morality problem that seems to have taken over america.

You're right...no actual laws were broken.
Nevertheless, you don't see anything wrong with using your public office to gain a Billion dollars?

Seriously, do you HONESTLY believe that they would be adding a Billion dollars to their personal accounts, if she DIDN'T hold her office?...It happens to all of us...all the time...Right?
edit on 17-1-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I am not greedy or rich. How do you legislate greed in a free market country?

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1

originally posted by: buster2010

Yes, except the Democrat who is doing it in this case made her career out of demonizing the wealthy and big business.

She demonized the wealthy Republicans and Republican big business. She would have been expected to do the same thing if she was a Republican. It's all smoke and mirrors.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
This deal makes The Koch Brothers, Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi and a few others look like measly amateurs !!!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join