It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police: Shots fired at Melbourne Square Mall.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Police said the shooter has been contained and the mall has been temporarily closed.It is not known how many people were shot and the extent of injuries.No other details are known at this time.

Police: Shots fired at Melbourne Square Mall.

crazy, i only know because i live in melbourne and my friend called me and told me what happened. according to the people who were in the courtyard of the mall at the time when a man went into the bathroom and killed his ex wife.
apparently immediately after that he went into the courtyard and emptied an estimated two clips.
thoughts and prayers go out to the family.
ill be watching this closely. sorry for the poor post, im on my phone.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: PFIscott

Do not worry about your post quality. I think we can all understand the necessity to get the information out while on the fly. Its one thing making a messy post from your bedroom, but I doubt anyone will hassle you for an on the hop post!

As for the incident itself, this seems uncharacteristic of Australian culture, and I am wondering what the hell possessed the man to take his ex out in public, rather than taking her out somewhere more out of the way (not that I commend that kind of action in the least).

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

It's Melbourne, Florida.

Latest update: FBI on scene.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Huh, scanning the news channels. Nothing has popped up yet about it. sounds like a very bad issue. Domestic violence is just getting crazy now.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

This is a mall in Florida...as the news reports it on CBS.

Here is a CBS news link: www.cbsnews.com...

edit on 2015-01-17T10:27:01-06:00amSaturdayam1720151America/Chicagoam by caladonea because: edit

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
…I am wondering what the hell possessed the man to take his ex out in public, rather than taking her out somewhere more out of the way…

If he did it at home it would just be "ordinary" Fratricide, and we wouldn't hear about it. But the mall, now thats grist for the terror mill.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Melbourne, Florida, Mall Evacuated After Witnesses Report Gunfire

Jeff Gross, who works at the Rodizio Grill in the mall, said he was in the kitchen of the restaurant when he heard five or six shots. His co-worker was working in the front of the restaurant, ran to the kitchen and said "there's a shooting, we have to get out." They went through the back entrance to get outside. About five minutes later, Gross added, he saw two victims being brought through the main entrance.

It appears to be over. No details yet about how many were injured. Just another day in Florida, unfortunately. One cannot seem to handle their business these days without making it someone else's.

edit on 17-1-2015 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Herp, and also Derp!

Sorry folks, ignore me. I am going to crawl back under my rock now!

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Do not worry about your post quality. I think we can all understand the necessity to get the information out while on the fly. Its one thing making a messy post from your bedroom, but I doubt anyone will hassle you for an on the hop post!

As for the incident itself, this seems uncharacteristic of Australian culture, and I am wondering what the hell possessed the man to take his ex out in public, rather than taking her out somewhere more out of the way (not that I commend that kind of action in the least).

I didn't know there was a Melbourne in Florida either, so as it's the U.S, kind of makes more sense.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
sorry guys, i should have clarified it was in florida. ill get as much info as i can from my friend who was on the scene and report back.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reports saying the gunman shot himself, his status is not yet being released

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
It happened in my city, in my agencies jurisdiction.

Looks domestic related. Possible love triangle.

That is about all I can say as of now. Well and besides being tragic, it looks like just a run of the mill jealous husband/boyfriend thing.

PS If anyone calls a false flag I will blow a gasket.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

a reply to: Shamrock6

Herp, and also Derp!

Sorry folks, ignore me. I am going to crawl back under my rock now!

Don't worry, I thought the same thing. There is a Miami in Australia and a Sydney in Canada so it's not hard to get confused.
edit on 17-1-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
This is close to home.

Probably a local scuffle, not much more.

1 dead and two injured...and they news report suggests one of them is the gun man.

This is sad, too many adult children have access to guns.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Long time lurker and first time poster.

I think it's pretty amazing that ats scooped all of the local news I read. Not that we have great local news in Brevard County, but I also get alerts from the emergency ops center and they sent nothing.

Sadly it was a matter or time. There are shootings and violence in most of the counties around us constantly.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

I can't believe how many people from Brevard County are lurking or members on ATS.

Very cool!

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig
It happened in my city, in my agencies jurisdiction.

Looks domestic related. Possible love triangle.

That is about all I can say as of now. Well and besides being tragic, it looks like just a run of the mill jealous husband/boyfriend thing.

PS If anyone calls a false flag I will blow a gasket.

i agree, nothing pointing to this being a false flag at all. just a disturbed man who obviously had a problem with his ex wife. maybe he couldnt handle the emotion of losing her?

whatever his reason, its a shame.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   

That happens a lot here.
There have been several times where I have seen it on ATS long before it hits the mainstream.

Very cool.

Oh, and welcome to ATS!
edit on 17-1-2015 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig

I can't believe how many people from Brevard County are lurking or members on ATS.

Very cool!

yeah its just a shame it takes something like this to figure it out!

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

Titusville here. Any word on what actually went down? I understand its 2 dead 1 injured?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join