It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space Ship 1 + Virgin Airlines = Space Travel ??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   
It has come to my attention about something I recently saw in a Popular Science magazine about 2 weeks ago. Something about SS1 and Virgin having a space commuter travel. The only thing it really said about it was that it would cost somewhere around $125,000 to fly in this 'space' travel type thing. Anybody have anymore information about this ? All I know is something about virgin and ss1 and 125000 dollars to fly.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   
The company is called Virgin Galactic , Heres their website I think you can get on the waiting list for a flight already.

www.virgingalactic.com...

They payed alot of money for this tech they we have alittle bigger versions then SS1 able to take 5 people instead of 3

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   
If they called me to go i would be scared like hell... but i think i would do it after thinking about it.. i would be a part of history! theres no turning that down plus the fame and girls

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 11:46 PM
link   
This and Bigelow are what is making the Privatization of space becoming a reality.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Space Travel is a positive thing, however a ticket of around $200,000 is a bit pricey for only 30 minutes in space.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liquidus
Space Travel is a positive thing, however a ticket of around $200,000 is a bit pricey for only 30 minutes in space.

They say its space travel for the everyday person...but not really at, at least $200,000 a seat.....its still in the "concorde class" only for the very rich....
but it is still a great amazing leap foward.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   
If they succesfully made the prices drop by 10 fold, ordinary people would THINK of doing it...that's still 2000 bucks a ticket

It's no fair...and you wont even go into space really...just as far up in the atmosphere as you could imagine...or am I mistaken?

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
If they succesfully made the prices drop by 10 fold, ordinary people would THINK of doing it...that's still 2000 bucks a ticket

It's no fair...and you wont even go into space really...just as far up in the atmosphere as you could imagine...or am I mistaken?

Yes $2000 is too much for me! Hell each time I fly between Chicago and London I dont even spend a $1000!!!
like I said it will be that "concorde class"

As for it being space of not , I know the basis of the X prize to win it as spaceship one did was "leave the earth's atmosphere and enter space, defined as an altitude of 100 kilometers (62 miles)" and spaceship one reached a final altitude of 328,491 feet....but the thing was it only maintained that altitude for a few seconds if that...and then went into its descent....
So in reality you are in space for a couple of minutes if that...

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Actually its last flight hit 367,442 feet (69.6 miles), so you would have around 3-4 minutes of waitlessness. Spaceship 2 will go higher, so you will have over 5 minutes of weightlessness.

If it was $2,000 I would put money aside to be able to go.

and this isn't for the "concorde class", since a lot of those people flew on it for business, while this will be basically a weekend vacation. With that $200,000 you will get 2 days of training and the ride of a lifetime, It is 3 hours long, from when White Knight takes off, until Space Ship One lands.

and while its sub-orbit, it is space. You can take off in the middle of a sunny day, and go up till all you see is darkness and a geat view of earth. this picture a space ship one pilot took with his own camera while on board.

[edit on 12-1-2005 by Murcielago]

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago

[edit on 12-1-2005 by Murcielago]

I for one would jump at an oppurtunity to view for myself such a spectacular sight.....sadly, $125,000 is a bit out of my price range..

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I would kill to see that sight.....its breathtaking to say the least....
but still for now that sight is for the rich....$200,000 is a # load of money to me at this point

new topics

top topics

join