It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A fan, but Bill Maher says..

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Bill Mahers say flu vaccine ineffective, also says any religion should allowed to be mocked.

Wrong..I have personally taken the flu vaccine...five people have went through the flue in household...no flue for me..saying it is wrong for everyone is idiotic.

As for religion..what you belief is yours , your problem not mine or his. You should not be allowed to mock another's beliefs.

I agree with a lot he says ..but if your an atheist, it becomes more of an agenda than a belief...when you continue to talk about how idiotic believers are.

Also. if you disagree with Muslim Jihadests ....that other Muslims should speak out about it..true...but if you don't believe in Christianity extremists..than why should you not make it vocal..that the majority don't agree?
edit on 17-1-2015 by Onslaught2996 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

Nice rant but why do you care what a so called comedian says?

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996
Bill Mahers say flu vaccine ineffective, also says any religion should allowed to be mocked.

Wrong..I have personally taken the flu vaccine...five people have went through the flue in household...no flue for me..saying it is wrong for everyone is idiotic.

Do you have a link to video or audio of him saying this? I would like to understand the context he presented it in.
As for the flu vaccine, there are dozens of strains of the Flu virus. The vaccine is manufactured based on what the CDC thinks will be the most prevalent that particular year.You got lucky. Especially this year which has a higher rate than usual of people getting ill either from or after the vaccinations.

As for religion..what you belief is your , your problem not mine or his. You should not be allowed to mock another's beliefs.

Yes you should. It's part of freedom of speech and its protected under the constitution in the US> Countries where you can't mock religion would be bastions of freedom like Saudi Arabia or Pakistan

I agree with a lot he says ..but if your an atheist, it becomes more of an agenda than a belief...when you continue to talk about how idiotic believers are.

So that's the crux of what atheists speak about? Believers being idiots? What about agnostics or people from other religions mocking Christianity for example? I think it's unfair to generalize all atheists in the same way its unfair to generalize all Christians as evangelical bible spewers. Most atheists that I speak with are more interested in the lack of tangible evidence for god and the actual evidence for science that disagrees with and in many cases disproves biblical text.

Also not...if you disagree with Muslim Jihadests ....then other Muslims should speak out about it..true...but if you don't believe in Christianity extremists..than why should you not make it vocal..that the majority don't agree?
Huh? could you try that again because I'm not quite following the point you're trying to make here.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Ok here is Bill Mar talking about how Americans are stupid.

I think some are smart while others not so much. . .

I think he says some good things and some bad things, up to viewers what they agree with.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

None..thought it would be an interesting topic..don't like it...see ya...

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   
pfft flu vaccine. They are making the flu every year so they have your tax money subsidize the so called "free vaccines" . They are not trying to "guess the strain" every season, they are the ones making them!! Just maintain proper hygienic standards during cold season and maintain a nutritious natural diet, reduce your exposure risk and voila! Dont give me any crap I worked during the busiest shifts in the busiest retailer on Earth with the public everyday for ten years and I never got the flu vaccine. I may have caught the flu once the entire time (as opposed to the common cold, which I did get a few times).

Now I do recommend them to the bovinely and even mildly obese as their poor nutritional judgement typically has them with an inferior immune system to those of us who make rational, natural dietary decisions. he occasional McDonalds, taco bell, or KFC should be just that, "occasional" only.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996 You should not be allowed to mock another's beliefs.

You're posting on an internet forum criticizing Maher's beliefs, which makes you conclude you should not be allowed to mock another's beliefs.

Ironic, huh?

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

If you speak out about Jihad's and think that all Muslims should be against it and be vocal(media..etc.)...then why not argue for the same in Christianity or any religions...where all the cries for other religions to speak about how wrong those who ask for gays'/etc deaths?

Why should Atheists get a free pass on what they believe?

I do not believe on God...but should I mock other religions?

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

I am not mocking his beliefs...I am showing his ignorance.

Why is his belief in non belief in God, be more acceptable than those that choose to believe in God?

I also do not believe in a higher being such as God, but I do not force my belief.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: DYepes

Then maybe is has more to do with genetics than any thing.

I have caught the flu prior to vaccine, yet have not caught it since.

Is it because it actually worked or because it works with certain genetics?

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 02:33 AM
link   

If you speak out about Jihad's and think that all Muslims should be against it and be vocal(media..etc.)...then why not argue for the same in Christianity or any religions...where all the cries for other religions to speak about how wrong those who ask for gays'/etc deaths?

I hear lots of people talk about how Christians need to speak up about the more extreme, evangelical and hypocritical proselytizers. For a religion based on love and turning the other cheek, it's very much against Christianity to try to spread hate, loathing and fear the way some do.

Why should Atheists get a free pass on what they believe?

How do you figure they get a free pass? They get tons of Sh#% from the more hardcore Christians and Muslims. There's no free pass there.

I do not believe on God...but should I mock other religions?

Whether you should or not... I can't answer that for you. It's your decision to make based on your personal beliefs and inclinations. I'm arguing that we have the right to do so in the US and as its protected under the constitution, I will fight for it and other viewpoints as well whether I agree with them or not. Shutting down speech because you don't agree with it or are offended is just dumb and shows how fearful people are of the spoken and written word and the influence it can have on others.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

did you get the flu vaccine just once or do you get it every year? if you don't get it every year and still don't get sick despite being around those who are carrying the virus doesn't mean you are protected. It means you are lucky and/or practice good hygiene like washing your hands to avoid the spread of the virus.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Show me where I asked for his free speech to be prohibited?

I only spoke about what he said was wrong..not for his rights to be ignored.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Every year since 2009 not one flue virus yet...before, I was sick as everyone in my household.

Which made me consider the vaccine.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Show me where I asked for his free speech to be prohibited?

I only spoke about what he said was wrong..not for his rights to be ignored.

You asked if you should be able to mock other religions. And you said earlier that people should NOT be able to mock other peoples religions. That is indeed shutting down their free speech. I wasn't specific about Maher, I spoke in generalities regarding anyone who wants to mock religions or speak against them based on science or for any other reason. It wasn't specific to Bill Maher.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Well my mother gets the flu every other year and she opts for the vaccine every season. But she has been taking care of kids for many years now, so she kind of has to get up close and personal sometimes when they gets sick as well, which makes it sort of unavoidable for her I suppose. My pop only gets it if she does.

Even when I get a cold the symptoms barely register as a mild nuisance for a couple of days. It has been a transition because I remember hating getting sick as a kid and teenager. But it was my early adult life that I made better dietary choices and became very concerned with sanitizing everything. Probably because I had kids. I dont let them get flu shots either. oldest on second grade,no flu yet.

I dont really care for Bill Mahr he is a pompous douche. However, I agree on skipping a vaccine for a seasonal manufactured virus.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 03:02 AM
link   

True...you got me..

I wanted to say..he is a supposed "champion" of free speech, yet he continues to speak out against all religions.

Why does he consider his speech any more important than others?

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Well he just likes to talk smack about religions the way political cartoons do lawmakers and generals. I see no reason. People like him usually just do it because it sells their image, their "brand" so to speak. Would anyone give a # about Bill Mahr if he did not say what he says? The other reason is they just want to reaffirm their fear of the unknown by dragging others down with them.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 03:10 AM
link   

True...you got me..

I wanted to say..he is a supposed "champion" of free speech, yet he continues to speak out against all religions.

Why does he consider his speech any more important than others?

But he doesn't consider his 1st amendment rights more important than anyone else's. At least in regards to freedom of speech. He doesn't rail against religions speech, he speaks against what they believe. While they sometimes overlap, he has ever said, that I can remember, anything regarding stifling anyone else's free speech. If I'm wrong on that feel free to give me a link and I will gladly admit my error.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 03:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: DYepes
Well he just likes to talk smack about religions the way political cartoons do lawmakers and generals. I see no reason. People like him usually just do it because it sells their image, their "brand" so to speak. Would anyone give a # about Bill Mahr if he did not say what he says? The other reason is they just want to reaffirm their fear of the unknown by dragging others down with them.

I am wrong...my decision to speak about religion does give me the right to negates his to speak about it.

I personally despise religion.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join