It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Government Just Shutdown a Bigfoot Researcher.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 04:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: ReturnofTheSonOfNothing

originally posted by: Bloodydagger
a reply to: ReturnofTheSonOfNothing

But there are plenty of eyewitnesses out there where one would take their word over some run of the mill armchair skeptic.

How could you believe someones word who has never spent 5 seconds in the woods over a veteran woodsman or even a Ranger? The only way this happens, is if the skeptics explanation fits in with YOUR view points. Fact of the matter is that you'll believe what you want to believe as long as it fits within your own comfortable sphere and view of the world. If it defies earthly logic, then its no bueno for you.

There is no need to take anyone's word for anything, that is the whole point. Science does not value anecdotal evidence. It's worthless.

I take my brothers word that he returned a defected DVD to best buy yesterday.

There was a time when a mans word was all he had.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 04:20 AM
link   

a reply to: ReturnofTheSonOfNothing

But there are plenty of eyewitnesses out there where one would take their word over some run of the mill armchair skeptic.

How could you believe someones word who has never spent 5 seconds in the woods over a veteran woodsman or even a Ranger? The only way this happens, is if the skeptics explanation fits in with YOUR view points. Fact of the matter is that you'll believe what you want to believe as long as it fits within your own comfortable sphere and view of the world. If it defies earthly logic, then its no bueno for you.

There is no need to take anyone's word for anything, that is the whole point. Science does not value anecdotal evidence. It's worthless.

I take my brothers word that he returned a defected DVD to best buy yesterday.

There was a time when a mans word was all he had.

So you think someone's word is reliable if you like or respect them?

That's all well and good for mundane everyday things like DVD's, but what about extraordinary claims? If your brother told you he had a pet fire breathing dragon would you just automatically believe him?

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 04:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: Bloodydagger

It's as if you feel you do not need to respond to the only question that matters, and rather than answer you demand blind acceptance. Get back to me when you can answer the response. It's like you are in a cult.

Sort of like what you do when quoting me and completely ignoring my explanations? Huh, Mr Hypocrite?

Go back to parroting. Its what you do best.

OMG HOAX

Any Evidence?

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Funny how there is also zero evidence the government shut down a "Bigfoot Researcher"!

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I find it great that Brian Sykes has been mentioned. His DNA analysis publication is available here:
rspb.royalsocietypublishing.org...

The most interesting bit is the polar bear sample. Although it has been challenged already (that is how science works). The new claim is that the sample belongs to the rare Himalayan bear:
www.bbc.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 05:59 AM
link   

your brother SHOULD have a new recept for the new DVD - as the stores stock taking system needs a record that a second DVD has been issued also the new recept informs accounts that no money was paid into the till for this item

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: moebius

just to add - polar bears have already been demonstrated to share a common ancestor with north american brown bears

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

I find it absolutely fascinating and likely very telling that the Tibetan word for bear is "teh" and that "yet-teh" literally means "rocky place bear" and was the same name that Sherpas gave to the Sun Bear which is native to the Himalayas.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   

a reply to: jaffo

And you have no evidence that Bigfoot does not exist.

All you use is the "It cannot be, therefore it isn't" stance which is pretty dumb.

And you do realize that staunch debunkers/disbelievers are the polar opposite of staunch believers right? In other words, both are just as bad as the other is. Both are annoying.

I keep an open mind on these things and I don't shoot first and ask questions later like some do.

Just because something seems incredible and has no proof does not mean that it didn't happen.

I guess you think trees don't make any noise when they fall over in the woods when nobody is around to hear it huh? lol
Because OMG, you need proof!

The difference between you and I is that where I can point to all of the hoaxes and DNA that has not at all backed up your story, you want to act like you are right and place the burden on me. YOU are the one making the claim. Therefore YOU are the one who bears the burden. You keep blathering on and on as though the people who "dare" not to believe because there is ZERO EVIDENCE that would compel them to believe are the ones bearing the burden here and about how the burden is on the non-believers to prove a negative. That is ridiculous. That IS NOT how science or denying ignorance work. We get it, you saw something that you could not identify. You think it was a Bigfoot. I don't believe you. I think you saw a bear or a person or some other known animal and you simply misidentified it. Given the COMPLETE LACK OF PROOF as to BF's existence, my explanation makes WAY more sense.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   

I find it absolutely fascinating and likely very telling that the Tibetan word for bear is "teh" and that "yet-teh" literally means "rocky place bear" and was the same name that Sherpas gave to the Sun Bear which is native to the Himalayas.

Exactly. And now it genuinely does seem as though there may have been or might still be a small population of polar bears in that region. Science once again gets to the bottom of the mystery. Also, props for the Syd avatar. We'll never know what he might have been if his illness had been diagnosed in time. Although to be fair, treatment for schizophrenia was not exactly top shelf in the late 1960's.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   

"FAITH." "It means you believe in something you cannot prove." You know...like Wookies in the woods.
edit on 21-1-2015 by jaffo because: Content

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: jaffo

Exactly. And now it genuinely does seem as though there may have been or might still be a small population of polar bears in that region. Science once again gets to the bottom of the mystery. Also, props for the Syd avatar. We'll never know what he might have been if his illness had been diagnosed in time. Although to be fair, treatment for schizophrenia was not exactly top shelf in the late 1960's.

Always great to encounter another fan. From every available evidence it seems Syd was most likely a genius who deserves his place amongst the greatest pop icons of the 60's and it's pure tragedy that '___' had such a terrible effect. At the same time, we would never of had Dave come In if he had not self-destructed, so as terrible as his fate was, it paved the way for pure greatness which was to come. Syd was a creative genius, but Dave was the signature sound of Floyd in the late 60's and 70's.

In an effort to keep this broadly on-topic, yep even the native language points all fingers to the yeti actually being some kind of bear. It really is stunningly obvious. Great white hunter would point to a 'yeti' footprint and the Sherpas would say 'bear', every time.

Edit to add - strange that Lysergic Acid is censored out by the software. Oh well. I guess you know what I was referring to.
edit on 21/1/2015 by ReturnofTheSonOfNothing because: jiggery pokery

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Always great to encounter another fan. From every available evidence it seems Syd was most likely a genius who deserves his place amongst the greatest pop icons of the 60's and it's pure tragedy that '___' had such a terrible effect. At the same time, we would never of had Dave come In if he had not self-destructed, so as terrible as his fate was, it paved the way for pure greatness which was to come. Syd was a creative genius, but Dave was the signature sound of Floyd in the late 60's and 70's.

In an effort to keep this broadly on-topic, yep even the native language points all fingers to the yeti actually being some kind of bear. It really is stunningly obvious. Great white hunter would point to a 'yeti' footprint and the Sherpas would say 'bear', every time.

Edit to add - strange that Lysergic Acid is censored out by the software. Oh well. I guess you know what I was referring to.

For sure. I for one was absolutely ecstatic when they found that "extinct" polar bear DNA. I mean, at least that goes to show that yes there at least *seems to be a rational explanation* for the past Yeti sightings if not modern ones. Heck, that's just as exciting as a Yeti would have been for me. It's just sad to have someone on ATS try and tell you that the burden is on YOU to disprove their baseless theory. It happens way too much around here anymore, in my opinion. People just throw out a crazy idea and tell you that it has to be true because you can't prove a negative. Gross. (And I should admit that I am totally out on a limb as to what Syd's issue was, because I don't recall that he was ever formally diagnosed. Solid point about Dave too. As It's like Bon Scott dying. Great band with him, but also a great band after him. And we'll never know what would have been. Maybe in one of those other alternate universes they are trying to tell us exist lies the answers, lol...) Ok, mods, no more off-topic Syd talk, I promise!

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   

It's just sad to have someone on ATS try and tell you that the burden is on YOU to disprove their baseless theory. It happens way too much around here anymore, in my opinion. People just throw out a crazy idea and tell you that it has to be true because you can't prove a negative. Gross.

Just point out that it is a classic argument from ignorance fallacy and a desperately transparent attempt to shift the burden of proof. You more than likely do this anyway, and yes it is annoying but it accounts for a huge proportion of believer arguments (whether we are talking about gods, Ufos, crypto stuff, ghosts, whatever).

ETA - by the way there was some news yesterday about parallel universes, scientists now think classic sci fi style parallel worlds may actually exist and have devised a practical test for them. See cosmosmagazine.com...
So who knows, maybe that world does exist.
edit on 21/1/2015 by ReturnofTheSonOfNothing because: More jiggery pokery

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   

your lack of origional contribution is noted

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Except there are tons of eyewitness accounts of miracles, such as bleeding statues, paintings, and miracles of Israel's Six Day War.

But it's not bigfoot, so eyewitness accounts don't matter here right?
Except there are tons of eyewitness accounts of miracles, such as bleeding statues, paintings, and miracles of Israel's Six Day War.

But it's not bigfoot, so eyewitness ants don't matter here right?

Those things are called phenomena. Some are easily explained and some are just weird without explanation. Same with UFO's its a phenomena which has yet to be explained. So what do you do with phenomena? Investigate it or just go BAH?
I investigate, you say bull# and for some reason, god only knows, the ones who say bull# haven't done an ounce of investigation but think they're an authority on bigfoot. That's what I call nuts.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: FlySolo

DNA, bones, hair, you know, actual evidence. Every time someone claims to have found something it turns out to be a hoax. Not only is there zero evidence Bigfoot lives today, there is zero evidence it ever existed.

Maybe if we see more rubber suits it will make it all true.

Who stars you? First of all, again your just talking crap.

Not only is there zero evidence Bigfoot lives today, there is zero evidence it ever existed.

That is sooooo false and you know it. Yet again for some strange reason an authority on bigfoot and you know squat. Bigfoot has many names, squatch, yeti, grassman, skunk ape and in native american it goes on and on
Native American names for bigfoot

All of those tribes are spread out over Canada and US. Also, lets not forget China, the Alps, and pretty much every place in the world where indigenous people have talked about squatch for a thousand years. But right, eye witnesses don't count.
Tell that to the judge because for another strange reason, eye witness testimony in court is heavily relied on. But as long as it doesn't suit you, it's fallible. You're a joke. And hair has been discovered, along with scat and saliva. And like I said, you will NEVER have a peer review of it EVER. It's a closed case so just forget about ever having scientists embrace squatch.

Oh and for the 5th time, dermal ridges.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   

There is also no evidence the government is shutting anyone down from doing research, thread should be HOAX'd.

Oh wow, slow down man. IF there's no evidence then it should be hoax'd? Don't you need evidence of a hoax first? But there is no evidence...lol chill.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Please STOP the sniping and personal attacks.

Also, while some topic drift can be expected, Let's try to focus on the specific topic of the thread.

The Government Just Shutdown a Bigfoot Researcher.

The 'real/not real' argument is best suited to it's own thread or past discussions on that topic.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join