It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One of the biggest reasons i find the bible so hard to believe

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: guitarplayer
One word freewill. Each and every person makes their own choices so to say that God created you just to send you to hell is not true.How did you become a Christian and how did you unbecome a Christian?
a reply to: LongishLongo

Yeah it is freewill, but "god" wouldve made me knowing my freewill would see through the bull# of religion. Therefore he wouldve jjst pit me here knowing i would go tohell anyway. So still, the same thing. Theres no logic in it

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 02:48 AM
link   
If religions really made sense we'd all be religious, right?

The contradictions get me... and if god works in such mysterious ways that we cannot fathom, then why concern yourself with him except in a general, "hey, thanks for life" way?

But it's the judgmental, hateful stuff that turns me off of most religions. The ones where folks are glazed and happy aren't so bad, as long as they aren't pushing it on others... but the ones where folks hurt others for not believing, physically and mentally, are ...evil.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

If religions really made sense we'd all be religious, right?

No.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

originally posted by: NOTurTypical
a reply to: pheonix358

Where is the religion that says Have Fun People, Enjoy Life I want that one.

That's satanism. "Do what thou wilt is the whole of the law."

Not quite the same though, is it NOTur? It's a bit of a stretch to equate the two.

Hey, the member asked for a religion where he was free to live his life any way he saw fit to live it. That's satanism, "Do what thou wilt is the whole of the law.."

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 06:26 AM
link   

But it is typical of die hard religious believers. "If you don't believe exactly as I do, then you are evil and worship satan. My beliefs are what everyone must believe!" Just what I would expect from a reply.

Nonsense. You asked for a religion where you would be free to live your life any way you wanted to live it. That religion exists, it's basic satanism which says: "Do what thou wilt is the whole of the law."

Amazon.com

(P.S. You don't have to worship any deity in satanism)

edit on 18-1-2015 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: WarminIndy
a reply to: Klassified

Is atheism a new thing or has it been around for several thousand years?

This current trend of atheism isn't new, it's just popular. You watch, they'll get tired of it and go back to desiring spirituality.

Mankind has that desire, it is built into the human being. As much as people want to deny it, the human desires it. Even great paintings and works of art, music, film, all of that answers a spiritual need and desire within the human heart.

You have made an error common to those who do not understand what an atheist is, by assuming that an atheist cannot be spiritual. Deity and spirituality are not mutually exclusive.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

A seed does not die before it grows, a seed transforms into a plant through growth. A dead seed will never produce fruit because life is needed for growth to happen.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: NOTurTypical

Awesome bro, thanks for the tip

Nonsense. You asked for a religion where you would be free to live your life any way you wanted to live it. That religion exists, it's basic satanism which says: "Do what thou wilt is the whole of the law."

Amazon.com

(P.S. You don't have to worship any deity in satanism)

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rex282
I've told you before I won't be answering your questions because you have zero desire to know the answer because your sole purpose to asks the legion of questions you ask are to propagate and justify your false beliefs.That is death.

originally posted by: WarminIndy
You are right, I have zero desire to listen to someone who can't give answers anyway. But you claim my beliefs are false, justify your statement.

I don’t have to prove it you provide ample evidence of it by the antagonistic words you write that your God that you believe in is only a creation you made in your mind in your image.The creator God would never think or act and say the things you do.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Nonsense. You asked for a religion where you would be free to live your life any way you wanted to live it.

No, I did not. Those are your words.

I just asked for a religion

Where is the religion that says Have Fun People, Enjoy Life

There is a huge difference.

But you can't see that.

You can have your religions that want suffering. You can also keep your religions that promote slavery and killing people.

P

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   
What the OP misses is that the Bible says little about Heaven and less about Hell. He made the Heavens and the Earth, but the creation of Hell is not mentioned - that is your first clue. I am making a survey of the Bible form Genesis 1:1 on, and am currently in II Samuel, and there is still no hint of Hell. Lots of folks die in the narrative, but there is never a word said about their fate after death. The word "Hell" did appear in Deuteronomy (KJV) but that instance is easily explained, as are all the other instances of the word. "Sheol" is meant, that is to say, the grave.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   
You can have your religions that want suffering. You can also keep your religions that promote slavery and killing people.

P

Nicely said, couldnt agree more my friend

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   

No, I did not. Those are your words. I just asked for a religion

No, you said more than "I want a religion", you added this caveat:

"Have Fun People, Enjoy Life".

So a religion with no rules, a religion where people are free to do whatever they wish, whatever they consider "fun" and what they "enjoy".

So that religion exists,.. satanism. It only has one law, "do what thou wilt". That's the only law it has.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   

You really seem to only see an extreme view.

So having fun and enjoying life, is to you, satanism.

Wow, that is just so way our there man.

I tell you what.

You can keep your religion.

I do not want any part of it, whatever it is.

Your replies are some of the strangest I have come across.

P

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   

You really seem to only see an extreme view.

It's not extreme at all. You asked for one religion that let you be free to have fun and enjoy your life. satanism only has one law: "Do whatever you wish." That would include not worshiping any deity if you chose to.

So having fun and enjoying life, is to you, satanism.

I didn't say it was, I said it was the only "religion" on Earth that gives you the freedom to do whatever you so choose that pleases you. You asked for a religion.

I appreciate your permission, I'm truly grateful.

I do not want any part of it, whatever it is.

And no one will make you, the Inquisitions are over with and Christianity isn't Islam. You are under no compulsion whatsoever to be a Christian. You have free will, so do as you please.

Your replies are some of the strangest I have come across.

I answered your post simply and concisely. Nothing I said was wrong.

edit on 19-1-2015 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: NOTurTypical

I appreciate your permission, I'm truly grateful.

THIS ^^^^^

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

It never ceases to amaze me how much dishonesty and propaganda is spewed on this site in regards to Christianity. The biggest sticking point? Repeaters. Most people just parrot what they have been told, and this is what (apparently) these people have been 'told' IS Christianity. There are usually two causes for this, and both stem from ignorance. The first is usually the easiest to fix, is that most of them simply haven't read the Bible, and thus, have to take what other people say as Gospel. Or they actually DO read the Bible, but just so they can cherry-pick parts of it, to (somehow in their minds) disprove it. If one simply read the Bible, with a clear mind, one would see all the parts that most folks think are generally 'bad,' and realize that they are generally few and far between, yet those are often held up by non-theists, as proofs of some kind of degeneration.

The second, much more insidious, is that they have simply been mislead on-purpose. Which is WAY too deep to dive into here. Know that you are not alone in your beliefs, just as I know that you don't necessarily need my support, because you have His.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join