It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ben Carson Blames the 'Liberal Press' for Making Him Sound Crazy

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

yes they were pursuaded to help with the promise they would benefit from it but they were playing both sides. Let's not fool ourselves into believing that they were there to lend a helping hand on their own. They done it out of their best intrest and not the whole let's be human thing.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Why would anyone want to vote for this neo con baffoon anyway?

Surely there is a better libertarian candidant?

So the best you can come up with is that the dudes fighting the British had help from the French. That negated his point that we need to take ISIS seriously.

Right.

Great comeback.

Oh. I forgot that your name calling is top rate too. "Neo con baffoon."

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   
He either knows he'll never be a serious candidate or he's trying to appeal to the radical right.

Say what you want about him but
Ben Carsons verbal diarrhea is liquid gold.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: rupertg
He either knows he'll never be a serious candidate or he's trying to appeal to the radical right.

Say what you want about him but
Ben Carsons verbal diarrhea is liquid gold.

Or he could be drawing the parallel to show how you shouldnt underestimate groups of people willing to die for their convictions.....

I suppose thats a little too obvious for some tho.........

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1

So the best you can come up with is that the dudes fighting the British had help from the French. That negated his point that we need to take ISIS seriously.

Right.

Great comeback.

Well ok he is not a true libertarian candidate.

He is a candidate of of the religios conservative right.

Not only a finacial conservative but social one.

I want to see a finacial conservatice but social liberal IE a libertarian.

Carsen is just a bible thumping neo to me.

Hell he even believes in forms of gun control

edit on 17-1-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Right.

Great comeback.

Well ok he is not a true libertarian candidate.

He is a candidate of of the religios conservative right.

Not only a finacial conservative but social one.

I want to see a finacial conservatice but social liberal IE a libertarian.

Carsen is just a bible thumping neo to me.

Hell he even believes in forms of gun control

Maybe you should read more about him. He's not your typical "bible thumping" neo.

First, he's not a lawyer. Second, he speaks directly without parsing what he says.

Third, he's not a Clinton or Bush.

And he's far from a "buffoon."

Carson was a professor of neurosurgery, oncology, plastic surgery, and pediatrics, and he was the director of pediatric neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins Hospital. At age 33, he became the youngest major division director in Johns Hopkins history, as director of pediatric neurosurgery. He was also a co-director of the Johns Hopkins Craniofacial Center.

According to Johns Hopkins Hospital literature, “Dr. Carson focuses on traumatic brain injuries, brain and spinal cord tumors, achondroplasia, neurological and congenital disorders, craniosynostosis, epilepsy, and trigeminal neuralgia. He is also interested in maximizing the intellectual potential of every child.”

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 17-1-2015 by Jamie1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Maybe you should read more about him. He's not your typical "bible thumping" neo.

I have

He is pro affirmative action,

And pro continuing the war on drugs

He is even pro gun control for automatic rifles (not a issue I care about but many on ATS do)

First, he's not a lawyer. Second, he speaks directly without parsing what he says.

Third, he's not a Clinton or Bush.

Both are not valid reasons for him being president

And he's far from a "buffoon."

Carson was a professor of neurosurgery, oncology, plastic surgery, and pediatrics, and he was the director of pediatric neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins Hospital. At age 33, he became the youngest major division director in Johns Hopkins history, as director of pediatric neurosurgery. He was also a co-director of the Johns Hopkins Craniofacial Center.

According to Johns Hopkins Hospital literature, “Dr. Carson focuses on traumatic brain injuries, brain and spinal cord tumors, achondroplasia, neurological and congenital disorders, craniosynostosis, epilepsy, and trigeminal neuralgia. He is also interested in maximizing the intellectual potential of every child.”

en.wikipedia.org...

Yeah he is a bloody good surgeon and I would trust him as doctor, does not mean I would trust him to run the most powerful nation of earth.

Course I dont have a vote in this, but I do have a stake as the president of the USA seems to dictate UK foreign even domestic policy.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

I think this country could use a great doctor in charge.
After years of leadership by professional, lifetime, politicians and a narcissistic, community organizer, this country is currently on life support.

Let the healing begin...Vote Carson!

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Yeah he is a bloody good surgeon and I would trust him as doctor, does not mean I would trust him to run the most powerful nation of earth.

Course I dont have a vote in this, but I do have a stake as the president of the USA seems to dictate UK foreign even domestic policy.

I would trust somebody who's actually accomplished something in the real world over lawyers, beneficiaries of nepotism, and political whores who've spent their lives bending over backwards for lobbyists.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

After years of leadership by professional, lifetime, politicians and a narcissistic, community organizer, this country is currently on life support.

On what basis?

Apart form not being Obama or Bush what policy's he radically different on?

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
There is no such thing as bad publicity. Even for a conservative in the liberal media.

Those who know how to work the system best, intentionally say and do controversial things for that reason. If you're really good at it, you can spin it all in your favor, especially within your desired demographic.

In the end, who are the players, and who is actually being played?

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

On what basis?

Apart form not being Obama or Bush what policy's he radically different on?

Not being Obama and Bush is a good start...but I've seen many interviews with this man (Carson)...and he impresses me as a true person of character, with actual courage behind his convictions. When presented with problematic questions, his answers cut through the B.S. and are the product of common sense and an inherent intuitive understanding.
Remember,...it's not just WHAT you do...but HOW you do it.

Add to all of this that the man's intellect is probably greater than any other 5 professional politicians put together.

Personally, I find that encouraging and refreshing.
Since 'Insanity' is part of the O.P....let me remind everyone what another man of great intellect once said:

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."
-Albert Einstein

I'm tired of people basically electing the same politician over and over again, regardless of the candidate's party.

YOU don't like him; wouldn't/couldn't vote for him...I got it; cool...no problem.
But Dr. Ben Carson (at this point) would get my support and vote.

edit on 18-1-2015 by IAMTAT because: comment added

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join