It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ben Carson Blames the 'Liberal Press' for Making Him Sound Crazy

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 02:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: infinityorder

If this was a trash the dems thread I would be pointing out bushs bs as well, but that has yet to be brought up.

Huh???

Bush a Democrat???

Did you mistype that or am I not reading that right???

This is obviously a trash the repubs thread....if this was a trash the dems thread.....nvm if I have to explain it you are lost cause already.

Believe what you want, I cant make you change your mind, I can only offer a different option.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: infinityorder

Actually it seems like a trash Ben Carson thread. After reading your post for about the 29th time I think I get what you were saying now, it just took a min. to get it straight. No need to get defensive about it, I just didn't understand what you were saying on that one comment. I actually agree with most of what you've been saying so far.

On a side note however, what's so wrong about a Bash the Republican thread anyway??? Or a Bash the Democrat thread??? As long as the reasons for Bashing them are justified why not call them on it based on the subject matter??? There are legitimate reasons for attacking pretty much anyone in politics I imagine so as long as the topic is based upon valid reasoning why not bring it to light???
edit on 17-1-2015 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Maybe we should first ask the question;

Is the press liberal?

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 03:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150
Dr. Carson is probably the most SANE person in politics. He makes sense... which is why the libs/progs hate him...

What, you mean this whackjob - rationalwiki.org... ?

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 03:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
Maybe we should first ask the question;

Is the press liberal?

Most journalists like things called 'facts'. Unless you work for Faux News, where you can pull whatever you like out of your posterior and then claim that it's true. Any real journalist would have stared at Steve Emerson when he spouted his bull about Birmingham and London and then laughed hysterically - before ripping him into tiny, tiny, pieces.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Is the press liberal?

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 04:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1

originally posted by: buster2010
It's not the liberal media that makes him sound crazy it's the comments that he makes that makes him sound crazy. His "the founding fathers was like ISIS" comment had a few people saying WTF?

Here's what he said:

"A bunch of rag tag militiamen defeated the most powerful and professional military force on the planet. Why? Because they believed in what they were doing," Carson said. "Fast forward to today. What do we have? You've got ISIS."

His point was that the U.S. shouldn't underestimate ISIS.

What exactly do you find crazy about his comment?

Here what I find crazy.

That rag tag band did defeat britiain on its own

It got massive help from france the secound world power who:
Supplied small arms
Supplied heavy arms
Supplied boots and uniform
Supplied ammumition and gun powder
Supplied training in regular warfare
Supplied its navtpy to occuply the royal nav
Attacked the more important carrabian so divert british reinforcements.
Final landed a army in America to route the British.

Hardly just a bunch of rsg tag militiamen on its own.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 04:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Is the press liberal?

Only if you consider facts to be liberal.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 05:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: infinityorder
a reply to: CB328

A single persin making 20k a year before taxes, cannot obviously afford a 7k deductible before the damned insurance even pays a dime.

Dont give me the subsidies crap either, because the gov cannot afford to keep paying all that money without taxing even more, and printing even more money.

The entire thing was a fraud, flat out bs.

Its so blitheringly out of touch with reality that it can only be seen as oppression. Even they are not that stupid.

The new health care system to save us all.....and you still have to get up every morning and pray to God that you don't get sick at 25 because you will be in hock for the rest of your life.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1
Oh Please..You know GDmn well if a Dem had said that,the RW posters here would be on it like flys on S***...Prob would have three threads to combine with their complaining..

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

It's not the liberal media that makes him sound crazy it's the comments that he makes that makes him sound crazy. His "the founding fathers was like ISIS" comment had a few people saying WTF?

Here's what he said:

"A bunch of rag tag militiamen defeated the most powerful and professional military force on the planet. Why? Because they believed in what they were doing," Carson said. "Fast forward to today. What do we have? You've got ISIS."

Here what I find crazy.

Supplied small arms
Supplied heavy arms

The americans had already boxed the English up at Yorktown before the French landed. They did supply naval bombardment and their presents helped but the war was over before they got there. What the English were afraid of at that point was america falling back under French domination or to much influence anyway, so they decided to work with the colonials.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: greydaze
a reply to: Jamie1
Oh Please..You know GDmn well if a Dem had said that,the RW posters here would be on it like flys on S***...Prob would have three threads to combine with their complaining..

Yes its true. The libs to this day haven't heard the end of their Ho Chi Minh and Tom Jefferson comparison.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Careful...criticizing a Black man running for President, in liberal circles, would be considered 'racist'.
In fact, in the case of Carson versus Obama, literally TWICE as racist.

...For my money, Dr. Carson is TEN times as intelligent and TWICE the man Obama is. He's got my vote so far.

edit on 17-1-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-1-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

He won't get the women's vote because he's against abortion.
He won't get the secular vote because he's too Religious.
He won't get black votes because he comes off like an Uncle Tom.
He won't get the Rich White Votes because he's black.

He will get the Religious Rights Votes unless someone else comes along that is better.
He might get the votes of some on the Right because he's at least more of a common man than anyone else.

This however only matters if Voting still matters. Which it doesn't.

This of course is just my worthless opinion on the matter so I could wrong.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Maybe you're right...maybe not. But just watch this guy blow everyone away in the debates...His insight and intellect cannot be matched by common politicians.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

I do agree he would probably do very well in debates. Although it might depend on the questions asked. When it comes to most social issues he's got pretty clear ideas and expresses them well. I'm not sure how much he knows about other areas though. I've never heard him speak too much about Foreign Policy or things like that but I may have just missed it. I'm not sure how much he knows about the inner workings of Government either, but then again nobody else does either.

The thing that will kill him though isn't himself, it's the fact that he'll be up against backstabbing, cutthroat, ruthless lying scumbags with teams of other ruthless scumbags bigger than his and piles of election money bigger than his too. It's been proven that whoever spends the most wins and I have no doubt that someone else can out spend him.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

originally posted by: crazyewok

Here's what he said:

Here what I find crazy.

Supplied small arms
Supplied heavy arms

The americans had already boxed the English up at Yorktown before the French landed. They did supply naval bombardment and their presents helped but the war was over before they got there. What the English were afraid of at that point was america falling back under French domination or to much influence anyway, so they decided to work with the colonials.

Pick up a real history book and not some propaganda rag.

Apart from landing a army everything of what I said happend from the start,

It was french supplys that stopped washington rag tag army freezing and starving to death at vally forge.

It was the french threats on the carribean that diverted tens of thousands of reinforcements arriving.

It was french cannons and musteks that armed your army after the british conficated most the heavy weaponry.

The french saved your rebellian and to say otherwise is bull #.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

He won't get the women's vote because he's against abortion.
He won't get the secular vote because he's too Religious.
He won't get black votes because he comes off like an Uncle Tom.
He won't get the Rich White Votes because he's black.

He will get the Religious Rights Votes unless someone else comes along that is better.
He might get the votes of some on the Right because he's at least more of a common man than anyone else.

This however only matters if Voting still matters. Which it doesn't.

This of course is just my worthless opinion on the matter so I could wrong.

Why would anyone want to vote for this neo con baffoon anyway?

Surely there is a better libertarian candidant?

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

A lot of people seem to like him. I'm not sure why, I'm not one of them.

I think he's a suck up and a lap dog who will do anything to part of the Rich Elite Club and actually believes that they'll let him. He's way to Religious for me as well and too far to the Right on Social Issues for me as well.

I think he's probably got good intentions but he's not strong enough to handle the kind of attacks that the American Political System would throw at him daily should he actually get up in there somewhere.

But still some people like him and would vote for him, you'll have to ask them why..

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I think carson is a deep thinker and often is conveying messages that are on point but can easily be hijacked by others against him. I often fall victim to the same nonsense of spin. If the detractors would put a small portion of their effort they use to not understand him then they may find they agree but are still standing in the shallow end of the pool.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join