It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best advice, re: Black Lives Matter and all future protests

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   
The problem isn't the police. The problem is the courts and political system. Stop protesting in streets blocking traffic.

Protest in and around the courthouses!!

Check it out:

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   
This is BS. The source of the problem is not the courthouse.

Convicting cops don't bring people back from the dead.

It's a behavioral issue.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis

It's a behavioral issue.

I agree, it is a behavioral issue, on BOTH sides (police and citizens). IMO, both are at fault.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Protest however you like, I support your right to do so even if others do not.

May the protests increase until a real change in the form of peace is seen.

edit on 16-1-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-1-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   

It's a behavioral issue.

Behavioral issue? By whom and to what end? How many ways do you want me to slice this turd pie you served up?

Convicting criminals won't fix our society. That's exactly what your statement "conviction cops don't bring people back from the dead" means. I can simply apply the same logic and agree that we shouldn't bother arresting and prosecuting regular people either for their crimes.

How about we say it differently using Richard Nixon - "When the President does it, it means it's not illegal."

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
It's not just cops people are protesting.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Are you applying that same logic to the rest of the community at large?

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: WCmutant

Convicting criminals won't fix our society. That's exactly what your statement "conviction cops don't bring people back from the dead" means.

No, you just twisted my words to sound like that. It means exactly what I said. It wont revive dead people. I said nothing about fixing our society. Of course if we can properly convict any wrong doing there will be some justice served.

Here, let me play some twister.

One hundred people are wrongfully murdered by police officers. When we learn to correctly prosecute and convict them, there will be less dead.

The keyword is "dead".

Cops that fear harsh and just persecution for "murder" will still be bad cops. They will likely still MDK if given the chance. It's all they know.

Fix their behavior, which is much harder, and you might stop a murder, therefore not creating a criminal, therefore nothing even goes to court, thus negating all the blame on the court system.

I'm not saying that some wont slip through undetected, but allowing them to reach the courts means we have failed to fix the "source" and by that point, people have already lost their lives.

edit on 16-1-2015 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   

My question still stands.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Yes, absolutely. But ALL police officers are armed and given the right to potentially shoot someone. These are unarmed civilians we are talking about who are being framed to be a much greater threat than they really are.

With that said, there are exceptions to everything.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Yes, absolutely. But ALL police officers are armed and given the right to potentially shoot someone. These are unarmed civilians we are talking about who are being framed to be a much greater threat than they really are.

Recently, it has been unarmed civilians that have committed felonies prior to being shot by police.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

Recently, it has been unarmed civilians that have committed felonies prior to being shot by police.

How does that play into them being any less armed when they are shot and killed? I guess I stick to the belief that people can change and a felony from yesterday doesn't make a criminal tomorrow. Wishful thinking I guess. That is unless the prior felony is outstanding and is reasonably suspected.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Call in puff .. problem solved .. streets cleared ..

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: WCmutant
The problem isn't the police. The problem is the courts and political system. Stop protesting in streets blocking traffic.

Protest in and around the courthouses!!

Check it out:

I can sum up a sure fire way in two words. Shut Up!

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA

I can sum up a sure fire way in two words. Shut Up!

Shutting up doesn't change the system. Hell, talking doesn't change the system. These people are at least taking action, albeit in a manner that doesn't beneficially facilitate the goal they want to reach.

Protesting properly is the only peaceful means, and that's what I am pointing out with this post.

new topics

top topics

join