It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost on Camera: Idaho School Captures Shadow Image As Proof Of Haunting?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I searched for this to see if it has been previously posted, but found nothing thus far.
Please forgive me if I'm wrong.

That said, this is an interesting image on CCTV which may, however, be explained by something close to the camera (such as a bug or a cobweb).

The flickering lights, captured at the same time as the translucent shadow person, do make it all a bit more curious.
Enjoy.

YOUTUBE:
www.youtube.com...

n Idaho high school has captured the spectral image of a ghost wandering its halls in some recorded surveillance camera footage. Or, at least that is what many students and staff members at Pocatello High School believe, lending credence, they claim, to the many stories that the school is haunted. Some were so convinced that they had video proof of a ghost that they actually turned to a paranormal investigation team to study the video and the school for otherworldly phenomena.

The Canada Journal reported Jan. 12 that the "ghost camera" video of the invasive ghost was posted to YouTube after the image was recorded during Christmas break. In the video, a smokey shadow appears to occlude the camera for a few seconds. It first appears by the drinking fountain, then moves down the hall to the bathroom door. After a pause, the shadow that some say went inside the bathroom manifests itself again and continues on down the hallway. Some have suggested that it is a ghost that has roamed the halls of Pocatello High School for years.

Scientific Paranormal Investigative Research Organization John and Lisa Brian were called in to investigate, according to KIDK in Idaho Falls. Both believe that the shadowy figure is a real phenomenon capture, stating that the video footage is raw, secure, and obviously not edited. "You can see that it's not necessarily a person," John Brian notes, "but more so a translucent figure walking down the hall."

Lisa Brian adds: "We have watched it multiple times and even slowed it down and really analyzed it. It's a really great piece of footage. You can just see the lights going on and off, the police were called because of these issues going on in the building - all of that just goes to show that it wasn't something someone just put on there, but instead it was something that really happened."

It is just the latest incident at Pocatello High where strange and unexplainable things have occurred. Students have reported hearing toilets flush in the bathroom -- with nobody seen entering or exiting (or being inside) the room. Theater students reported over the years of something looming in the rafters and the piano playing without anyone sitting at the keyboard.

The area itself is rich with paranormal folklore, but the high school seems to have become a central locus for ghosts, strange and tragic happenings. According to John Brian, there have been six confirmed deaths at the school over the years.

"Everything from girls having a suicide pact and hanging themselves on their lockers, to a librarian who hung herself on the chandelier, to a boy who drowned in the original swimming pool," John says.

A pool is no longer a feature at the high school. And the professional ghost hunters say that the rebuilding of the school after it burned down in 1914 could be the reason for so much paranormal activity in different parts of the school.

Of course, many are skeptical of the "ghost camera" and its spectral find, choosing to rely on more mundane and less paranormal explanations for the video image. Camera glitches, electronic malfunction, image feed problems. It should be noted that during the Christmas break, the high school's lights also flickered on and off several times and the alarm was triggered, prompting the local police to check the school grounds. They found nothing.

According to a December 2013 Harris Poll, 42 percent of Americans, which is the equivalent of about 130 million people, believe in ghosts. However, to date, there has never been a conclusively substantiated ghost sighting.

www.examiner.com...
edit on 16-1-2015 by IAMTAT because: comment added

edit on 16-1-2015 by IAMTAT because: comment added

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
It's always best to look at the comments and votes on a video before spreading it around. The comments and votes show that the video is overwhelmingly fake.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
The problem is that no one will ever agree on what defines something as a ghost. It will all be chaulked up to camera malfunction ect.. until the ghost is physical and then we will just say it is a person then.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: _BoneZ_
It's always best to look at the comments and votes on a video before spreading it around. The comments and votes show that the video is overwhelmingly fake.

That was there...this is here.
On second thought, you're probably right...there will, no doubt, be many 'rush to judgement' calls of "fake", forthcoming.
Still, we also have plenty of sober-minded, experts and paranormal enthusiasts here on ATS.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Looked at this last week or so, but the vid quality ruined that experience, thanks for the second chance to look into it. I don't think the comments at the OP video show it's fake nor the downvotes, but rather personal disbelief. It seems rather too consistent to be "matrixing". And of course, unless it was hoaxed and overlayed into the video, rather than a commenter saying lights can cause that, and otherwise speculation it's pretty nice footage.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
It's not fake.

You can see the cup thing on the desk is full of pencils pens erasers. And the woman sounds like an typical office staff for a school.

What ever is happening on the monitor is a real CCTV camera set i think.

But you never know. it could be an elaborate hoax in a school like building? I donno. Seems a little dirastic to have the woanwoanwoan sound of the people talking in the back ground lol.

I know a school when i see one even if its only a small part of it.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I don't think this is real. The video itself is very awful to watch and the shadowy person could just be something edited.
Nice lightshow though

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   
So for some reason, this person decided that CCTV monitors are the most interesting thing they can film?
Riiight...
edit on 25-1-2015 by LionOfGOD because: (no reason given)

top topics

join