posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 09:13 AM
Ok dude, now the wedding... Mine was a year ago, so it's still pretty fresh in my mind...
1. Have the bride get one of those Wedding Organizers...those things are a godsend.
2. Pick and reserve the location first...EVERYTHING depends on the location, it's decor, conditions, etc.
3. Start on all of this about a year prior to the event, at the very least 6 months.
4. Whatever you do, hire a professional photographer, not a friend, etc.
5. Whatever you do, hire a professional DJ, not a friend, etc.
6. Register, Register, Register!!! But not too many places, more than 3 is probably too much.
7. Go to bridal shows. You can often win freebie stuff, not to mention, you'll be able to shop many different vendors/services in one location at
8. Include a map with the invitation, and make sure to state where you are registered.
9. Understand that your bride, maybe you as well, are going to be a nervous wreck for the week and day leading up to the wedding.
10. Know your budget....from the get-go. Stay within it. Find out what the standards are (for DJ, photographer, etc. for a good one).
11. Remember that outdoor weddings are subject to bad weather. I'd highly recommend an indoor wedding. Mine was outside, and it was cold and rainy.