It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't Use A Hairdryer While Sleeping

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   
A hairdryer comes with the warning "Do not use while sleeping"

Electric shavers display "Do not use in shower"

At some intersections there are signs underneath a stop sign that say "OBEY THIS SIGN"

Around high-voltage substations there are signs that say this: "Warning: High voltage. DO NOT ENTER"

The problem with society today is that people sue too much, and companies are just covering their butts by putting up common sense warnings.

The only thing wrong with common sense, is that it is not all that common.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by diehard_democrat
The problem with society today is that people sue too much, and companies are just covering their butts by putting up common sense warnings.

The only thing wrong with common sense, is that it is not all that common.

It is funny that this does not apply to all the laws in the land. The "I didn't know excuse", that applies in these civil cases would be laughed at in criminal cases, where ignorance of what is right and wrong does not apply. Can you imagine arguing in court that you didn't think bullets killed people, because you only saw it in the movies? Why do we waste time with frivilous lawsuits on the ignorant......beats me. Oh wait, I guess the difference would be that civil cases are paid for by the defendent or prosecution and criminal cases are paid for by the state.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 10:42 PM
link   
You might get a kick out of one of my old threads:
The Wheels on the Bus Go Round And Round

new topics

join