It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[DRG2015] Moonlight Wings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Sitting on the wooden bench near our pond I feel a cool breeze caress my skin, it is dark and the others have all gone to bed hours ago. I choose to stay late up on the night of a full moon, as it is the best time to meditate and be one with myself. I allow my breathing slow and deepen, to the point where its barely noticeable, and yet fills me with energy. My eyes are open, and softly focused upon the surface of the water, watching the reflection of the moonlight playing over the ripples. This is my time to relax and totally let go of the world around me, in a place of my own making where nothing else exists.

After awhile there is rustling behind me, a feeling of warm begins slowly and then spreads all around my body like and embrace. I sense the presence of something very large directly behind me, but I am not afraid. This is not the first time that Durgo has come to me in meditation. Durgo is a dragon—though many do not believe they are real—I do, but never speak of him to the others. As always I look forward to our encounters, never knowing what it is he has come to share, willing to go wherever he will take me.

I never understood how or why he chose me a his earthly friend, but am honoured to be the one he trusts. It is time now for our adventure to begin, Durgo kneels down so that I can climb up onto his back and get settled. There is no fear of falling off as his shoulders are broad and comfortable. Unfurling his large large wings, it takes only a few beats and we are airborne. His muscles are powerful, and yet the ride is smooth and effortless on his part. Time has no meaning during these flights, the anticipation of what is to comes makes my heartbeat match the movement of those wings.

I can now see far below a vast open space, farmland resembling a large quilt with each field a different patch making up the colours of it's fabric. This must be a trip back in time as the farms appear small and diverse, unlike the never ending fields of corn and wheat that are so prominent today. It is a glimpse of a simpler time when agriculture was was a community, not a commodity. Where farmers worked together producing what was needed to meet the needs of the locals. Their produce and livestock remained in the area, the people in those nearby towns knew the farms and trusted the quality and integrity of what they bought. There is a strong sense of completeness in the scene below, that everything needed in life was right there for the taking.

Durgo has begun to swing back towards our starting point, letting me know that our adventure is coming to an end. I begin to feel tired and realize just how late it is. As we once again are beside the pond, I slip off his back and come to face him. He never speaks a word nor makes a sound, and yet the lesson he bestows on me is always understood. I hug his large head and press my forehead to the scales between his eyes, it is our way of communicating. I silently thank him and watch as he flies away, making a pass in front of the moon, that silhouette makes me smile as I wonder if anyone else has ever seen it.

As I turn to walk back to the house, and my bed, I reflect upon what I have seen tonight. It is the simple things that are so important. This was a message to return to the basics of life, getting what we need to exist, not existing to fulfill the needs of others. I will make a point visiting the market this week a perhaps have a conversation with those who actually make my food. I am grateful to Durgo for sharing his wisdom with me during a full moon.

Namaste,
YogaGinns
non-writer

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: YogaGinns

Very well written Tale!! Star and Flag for You!! Nicely Done!!!
Syx.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: SyxPak

Very well written Tale!! Star and Flag for You!! Nicely Done!!!
Syx.

Thanks for the kind words, this is my first try at entering a story (as I sit here chewing my nails).

Namaste,
YogaGinns

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
A very contemplative, and touching wordless journey you have taken me on. Very well done!

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

I feel better knowing that you double posted as well, I am not very good at this yet.

Your story is sad, and reflects society as it is today, well done.

Namaste,
YogaGinns

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
A very contemplative, and touching wordless journey you have taken me on. Very well done!

I enjoyed your story very much, is a different spin on the DRAGON.
It is so scary to think that could really be how our leaders act.

Namaste,
YogaGinns

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Thanx Yoga. I was in a bit of a mellow mood when I wrote that story. Not My best, or worst I think, but it is what it is. I have other Dragon tales in My profile, if Ya care to read em...... Thought about posting one of them, but didn't think that was quite right. Ya know? Thought better to write a new one......

I had a mod write me telling me that they are having problems in posting in some Forums lately. So You probably did it right. Just no cooperation from ATS. They are working on the problem now I guess......

Again. I really liked Your Story!!! Fantastic first Tale woven here by You!!!!!!

edit on 16-1-2015 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Ummm...Thank you Yoga...I've always loved a story that reflects a studied wisdom...I've often felt that somewhat of a return to basics as we move forward is a wholesome way to express...that foresight is really a child of hindsight...

I think that if we can couple these thought trains...then perhaps we might find...insight...

At least I hope it might be so...

YouSir

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

Ummm...Thank you Yoga...I've always loved a story that reflects a studied wisdom...I've often felt that somewhat of a return to basics as we move forward is a wholesome way to express...that foresight is really a child of hindsight...

I think that if we can couple these thought trains...then perhaps we might find...insight...

YouSir, are spot on there, it is so easy to fall into ways of convenience. It is not easy living with the basics, cooking from scratch is not always quick and easy. There is more planning involved and less time to do it (and who has time these days).

I agree we would all be better off if we stepped back in time, even once in awhile, to stay grounded.

Namaste,
YogaGinns

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Hey YogaGinns!
That was really your first contest entry? Wow, I am impressed.
A good read...very descriptive.

I touch my forehead to my animals, lol...I too feel that it's a way of communicating without words.

S&F
jacygirl

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Thanks Jacygirl, that is high praise coming from you. Have read many of your stories and think they are all great.

I was so looking forward to your dragon story.

But am loving the Shed, you have a real feel for storytelling.

Namaste,
YogaGinns

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

The thing about this contest in particular is the diversity of stories. Yours is so gentle and calming, with an important message. I really enjoyed the pace of your story - it was excellent!

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

Thank you for your comments, and yes I was hoping it would be calming.

I enjoyed your story as well, although I felt creepy being down in those tunnels. But then again if the story doesn't take you the action, it has failed. Well done.

Namaste,
YogaGinns

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: YogaGinns

Thanks Jacygirl, that is high praise coming from you. Have read many of your stories and think they are all great.

I was so looking forward to your dragon story.

But am loving the Shed, you have a real feel for storytelling.

Namaste,
YogaGinns

*slaps forehead* Oh good grief!! Thank you!! I am nobody...just a girl who likes to tell stories.

You are a Shed-lurker? Well then you're already family!! Stop in, anytime...say "hi"!
Write some story while you're there (if you like)...you've already got the dragon part down pat, haha!
Don't feel obligated...if you're happier just reading, then we are honoured to have you share your time with us.

I truly appreciate your compliments.
jacy

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

You are a Shed-lurker? Well then you're already family!! Stop in, anytime...say "hi"! Write some story while you're there (if you like)...you've already got the dragon part down pat, haha! Don't feel obligated...if you're happier just reading, then we are honoured to have you share your time with us.

OK Jacy, just how many parts are there in "Shed" I am up to Part 11 and not even half way through all the pages. I am thinking that Shed 2 will be maxed out an you will start Shed 3 before I can catch up.

LOL, I may have to fast forward and search...but risk missing all the good stuff in between. This story has a life of its own. Wish I had found it sooner.

Namaste,
YogaGinns

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Wow....yes, Shed 2 will be maxed out shortly, lol.
It has contained more chit-chat than story...it's just the way it turned out. Peoples' lives got busy 'in real life', and thankfully some VERY wonderful members kept the thread afloat!

For Shed 3 we are going to try to all remember to print the story line in colour, to stand out from the chit-chat. That should make it easier for people who are trying to read the story. Although, a few people have told me in private message that they really enjoy the chit-chat parts too! It's been a win-win!

Well, you are more than welcome to pop in and say "hi" at any time...if you need a friend...or someone to drink with, lol. Also, as you apparently can write...you are also welcome to participate in story-time, if you feel like adding something!

jacy

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Well, you are more than welcome to pop in and say "hi" at any time...if you need a friend...or someone to drink with, lol. Also, as you apparently can write...you are also welcome to participate in story-time, if you feel like adding something! jacy

Thank you for the invite into the Shed and for liking my story. In my haste to post it I really didn't reread what I wrote, now I get to pick out all the little things and groan to myself. LOL, I am my worst critic.

Namaste,
YogaGinns

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Thank you for the read.

Well done.

CdT

top topics

join