It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Seems to have found the lost Beagle 2 lander on Mars!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
According to CNN, the latest Hi-Res images from an orbiting probe show that "the lander's solar panels didn't fully open after landing, preventing the craft from getting power and exposing the antenna it would have used to communicate with controllers on Earth, according to the space agency." Cool...

Link: www.cnn.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: jaffo

To clarify.. .cool they found it, or cool the poor beagle's solar 'ears' didn't fully extend?

Good thing it's namesake, Darwin's ship, got its sails unfurled on its voyage, eh?

But yeah, cool find... we found a microbe on a needle on a haystack that is Mars.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
It was british nasa never found it

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

And this whole time I thought a Mars child found it and used it as a toy.

It's funny how NASA can get high resolution images that are crystal clear when they want to. Maybe they should get more high resolution images of some of those questionable "rock" images we always see.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   
The question is, if it happened to be alien, would they still have publicly shown the photos? NOT!

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Very accurate.. and ive seen calculators take more clear photos than the curiosity rover, sad..a reply to: WeRpeons

edit on 16-1-2015 by LongishLongo because: misspellings

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Doesnt this go anyway to proving that there is no intelligent life on MARS?

BEcause its been on mars for over a decade and if there were little aliens on Mars dont you think they might of taken it away for inspection rather like we would do if a thing from somewhere else crashed here on earth?

edit on 16-1-2015 by projectbane because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
It's funny how NASA can get high resolution images that are crystal clear when they want to.

Those HiRISE images are the same as most other HiRISE images, taken at a range of resolutions from 0.5 m/pixel down to 0.25 m/pixel. These particular ones may have been enhanced by sharpening or contrast stretching, but there's nothing preventing you from doing the same to other HiRISE images.

Maybe they should get more high resolution images of some of those questionable "rock" images we always see.

You mean the Curiosity "anomalies"? Those objects are too small to be resolved with any degree of quality from orbit by HiRISE camera.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: haven123
It was british nasa never found it

Actually, it was a British probe, on an EU mission that was found by NASA using the HiRISE camera on board the Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter.. It's all there in the OP.

Perhaps you should read the article first before making yourself look a bit daft?

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I really have to start prettying up my posts. Because folks keep reposting my threads with pics and quotes and making the front page, lol...

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Because folks keep reposting my threads with pics and quotes and making the front page, lol...

I think you'll find you reposted my thread

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Because folks keep reposting my threads with pics and quotes and making the front page, lol...

I think you'll find you reposted my thread

That may be, lol. Nonetheless, it has happened to me. People like content and pics, I guess ha ha...

top topics

join