It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europe’s Leading Rabbi: Jews Must Begin Carrying Guns

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: projectbane

Feed your hate with fear. I'll protect myself from extremists and people who just want to hurt me. What you do in life, I can care less about. Don't start none and there won't be none. I'm not a coward, I'm a realist.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: buster2010

The Fact that most European Countries do not allow their Citizens to Conceal Carry Firearms for Personal Protection is one of the Main reasons for the numerous Terrorist Acts being committed their recently . Regardless of Religious Faith , that alone is just so plain Wrong . I would also surmise that the main reasoning behind that decision is a Fear of Armed Insurrection against the Corrupt European Governments that are presently Destroying their Peoples Unique Culture with Immigration policies that are destroying the very fabric of their Cultural Identity as Independent Nations .

So carrying guns will prevent gun violence?

Certainly works wonders in the states doesn't it?

Well , it does seem to Work OK in the State of Texas..................

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

I would also surmise that the main reasoning behind that decision is a Fear of Armed Insurrection against the Corrupt European Governments that are presently Destroying their Peoples Unique Culture with Immigration policies that are destroying the very fabric of their Cultural Identity as Independent Nations .

islamisation er I mean multiculturalism has done wonders for Europe!

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: rupertg

Shigawire concealed in their curls

from Dune the Novel - Frank Herbert

Shigawire was only grown on Salusa Secundus and III Delta Kaising. It was noted for its extreme tensile strength.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
YESSSS! I FEEL IT! the HATE is strong in this thread! let it flow through you! embrace it!

JEWS! MUSLIMS! ABORIGINAL AUSTRALIANS!

but seriously. of course the main rabbi in Europe is going to suggest these types of agendas and they probably won't happen so errrrybody relax

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: WarminIndy

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: WarminIndy

So now you have a problem with Jews needing to defend themselves?

People don't have a problem with Jews defending themselves they have a problem with Jews being above a law that everyone else has to abide by.

Maybe if in 1935 they were allowed to defend themselves we might not have had WWII.

There was no law in 1935 to keep Jews from owning guns in Germany that law didn't start until 1938.

But hey, you just keep signing that check for the Muslims since you have all the time and resources to keep defending their temper tantrums. What a good parent you are.

This is simply an ignorant statement.

Let me see, are Jews considered equal in the eyes of British people? No, because every time I hear from a British person about Jews, they always attach "Evil Zionists" to them and that keeps them a separate group, even today in England and not one time in history has England apologized to the Jews.

But Spain apologized to the descendents of the Sephardi that they expelled 200 years AFTER England. Did England? Nope, the Jews just aren't worth apologizing to and William Shakespeare gets by with the name Shylock and the Brits think the Jews are requiring "The pound of flesh" from you. The fact that you keep them separate just show exactly how you have resisted their full assimilation.

None of what you posted has anything to do with what I posted. the fact is no one should be above the law simply because of their faith. If this statement is too hard for you to understand please say so.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   

People don't have a problem with Jews defending themselves they have a problem with Jews being above a law that everyone else has to abide by.

Maybe if in 1935 they were allowed to defend themselves we might not have had WWII.

There was no law in 1935 to keep Jews from owning guns in Germany that law didn't start until 1938.

But hey, you just keep signing that check for the Muslims since you have all the time and resources to keep defending their temper tantrums. What a good parent you are.

This is simply an ignorant statement.

Let me see, are Jews considered equal in the eyes of British people? No, because every time I hear from a British person about Jews, they always attach "Evil Zionists" to them and that keeps them a separate group, even today in England and not one time in history has England apologized to the Jews.

But Spain apologized to the descendents of the Sephardi that they expelled 200 years AFTER England. Did England? Nope, the Jews just aren't worth apologizing to and William Shakespeare gets by with the name Shylock and the Brits think the Jews are requiring "The pound of flesh" from you. The fact that you keep them separate just show exactly how you have resisted their full assimilation.

None of what you posted has anything to do with what I posted. the fact is no one should be above the law simply because of their faith. If this statement is too hard for you to understand please say so.

Please go back to the OP, it says "victimization". Unless people recognize that they make the Jews the scapegoats and then the Jews are forced to defend themselves, you people flip out and don't like it.

Do you think there is an evil Zionist Jewish Illuminati agenda to shylock you and take the pound of flesh out of you? It's been going on since the 12 century and this is just another continual example of Jew bashing, please reread the OP and tell me why he is so leery of Jews, victimization and allowing Jews to have guns.

He is worried the Jews will shoot someone if they say something negative about Israel...and then you would have us believe he doesn't mean to be anti-Semitic and when I call it out, you defenders come out of the woodwork, because you have to keep the stereotypical image of Jewry so you can have another conspiracy theory to talk about. But the real conspirators, you help them by covering up for their propaganda spewing filth, and then don't understand why the Muslims bite the hands that feed them.

Keep on, this propaganda is costing Europe its culture, language, religion, different ethnicities and what makes each country special. But hey, if that's what you want, then by all means you can have it. The Jews didn't Judaicize Europe, but the Muslims sure are Islamicizing.

Where is there another Sigismund of Hungary? Where is there another Charles Martel? Those men took the threat seriously but here you are jumping on me for apparently not understanding when it was the OP who cried out "victimization" and "they will shoot someone over Israel".

Maybe the Jews should be given guns, because there are two kinds of ways to persecute, one is by exclusion and one is by outright denial of what has happened to them.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Please go back to the OP, it says "victimization". Unless people recognize that they make the Jews the scapegoats and then the Jews are forced to defend themselves, you people flip out and don't like it.

What the OP says is Victimhood

noun 1.
a person who suffers from a destructive or injurious action or agency:
"a victim of an automobile accident."

a person who is deceived or cheated, as by his or her own emotions or ignorance, by the dishonesty of others, or by some impersonal agency:
"a victim of misplaced confidence; the victim of a swindler; a victim of an optical illusion."

a person or animal sacrificed or regarded as sacrificed:
"war victims."

a living creature sacrificed in religious rites.

I think that definitions 3&4 can be entirely ruled out from the get go and #2 is highly unlikely as the entirety of the Jewish people haven't been swindled so #1 is the most logical choice here. As someone who seems concerned with the victimization of Jews in past history I would think this jives with you seeing as how it is actually an appropriate viewpoint based on crimes committed against the Jews on grand scales.

Now comparing this with victimization, the current state of affairs just doesn't follow the definition of victimization. However, the reaction of the Jewish leader calling for special legislation IS actually entirely codified under SELF-victimization. This is where someone, or in this case a group of people,

is the fabrication of victimhood for a variety of reasons such as to justify abuse of others, to manipulate others, a coping strategy or attention seeking.

What the proposed legislation is doing is exactly that and I honestly believe that the self-victimization moniker is more apt than victimhood. As I believe this is the case and based on the past history you are so fond of, its not at all out of the question that armed jews would utilize and embrace self-victimization with the end result being they would be "defending themselves" against some threat with the opposing party wounded or deceased. One has to at the very least contemplate this as a potential or possible scenario and not simply discount it. Time and time again, the Jewish people both individually and under the guidance of the government of Israel, have embarked on revenge killings. The potential for this to occur again HAS to be considered if you are going to arm them.

Do you think there is an evil Zionist Jewish Illuminati agenda to shylock you and take the pound of flesh out of you? It's been going on since the 12 century and this is just another continual example of Jew bashing, please reread the OP and tell me why he is so leery of Jews, victimization and allowing Jews to have guns.

So yes, I am totally against these whackos being armed while the rest of us are not.[/u]

However, I do not see why one group of religious supremacists should be given rights that others do not have. Religion is irrelevant in this and may other cases and should NOT be an issue in determining the law of the land, which should apply to all in equal measure irrespective of their colour, ethnic background or religion followed. Singling out one group as somehow being "special" only furthers resentment from the rest of society who are not given the same considerations or special treatment. Of course, that too can be twisted to be used as "proof" of anti-semitism, such is the warped logic usually in play.

It just isn't an anti-Jewish bias that issues the concern here. It is the special status and treatment expected for one party while the rest are left with butter knives. If you think that the Christians and Atheists aren't on the radar of Islamic groups you're kidding yourselves. Certianly Jews are a bigger and more immediate target but any western, non Muslim is eventually an open target asthey feel their mandate is to spread Islam worldwide.

He is worried the Jews will shoot someone if they say something negative about Israel...and then you would have us believe he doesn't mean to be anti-Semitic and when I call it out, you defenders come out of the woodwork, because you have to keep the stereotypical image of Jewry so you can have another conspiracy theory to talk about. But the real conspirators, you help them by covering up for their propaganda spewing filth, and then don't understand why the Muslims bite the hands that feed them.

Keep on, this propaganda is costing Europe its culture, language, religion, different ethnicities and what makes each country special. But hey, if that's what you want, then by all means you can have it. The Jews didn't Judaicize Europe, but the Muslims sure are Islamicizing.

I'm not trying to put words in your mouth, but I find it rather ironic that in light of you railing against anti-Semitic attitudes, you yourself are actually making anti-muslim statements as above. And in all honesty, depending on where the particular muslims are from, your words could be construed as anti-Semitic as Semitic describes people of a certain background and geographical history, not a Jewish only epithet.

Where is there another Sigismund of Hungary? Where is there another Charles Martel? Those men took the threat seriously but here you are jumping on me for apparently not understanding when it was the OP who cried out "victimization" and "they will shoot someone over Israel".

On one hand you are rallying for things of the past and the other ignoring or denying even the recent past. The recent past to which I refer is the [enchant for some Jews, either of their own volition or at the behest of the Israeli government, to engage in acts of revenge and campaigns of terror. Why is it alright to excuse their atrocities and not those of others? Either an act is reprehensible or it is not, it cant be so for one group and acceptable and rationalized for another.

Maybe the Jews should be given guns, because there are two kinds of ways to persecute, one is by exclusion and one is by outright denial of what has happened to them.

Sure, give them access to concealed weapons. But give all citizens that right. No special status should be doled out for anyone. No matter the past atrocities. They are just that, in the past.

Who is denying what has happened to the Jewish people? What is actually being said is that we have to stop being beholden to history and instead deal with what is going on currently based on the current socio-political climate, not what happened 300 years ago, not 75 years ago or 1300 years ago since you're calling on the ghost of Charles Martel.

Neither are they being excluded from anything. In fact this proposed legislation would give them special status while excluding Christians, atheists, budhists, hindus and on and on

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Tell us please, how many mosques are firebombed and burned down by "Jewish right wing fundamentalist terror cells".

Can you name the last airplane highjacked by "Jewish right wing fundamentalist terrorist"?

Can you tell us the name of the halal pizzaria that "Jewish right wing fundamentalist terrorists" held people hostage?

OH Right, that was done by Muslims, my bad for expecting you not to keep giving Muslims carte blanche to carry on their little temper tantrums. Pat them on the head, give them cookies and set them in time out.

I'm no fan of what Islam is doing either, BUT I have one word for you, Mr Jews are squeaky clean;

Palestine.

So now you have a problem with Jews needing to defend themselves? Maybe if in 1935 they were allowed to defend themselves we might not have had WWII. Think about it.

That is an absolute crock of crap. The Jews were not the primary reason for WW2. Hitler didn't bomb London to get the Jews. He didn't invade all those nations just to hunt them down. He was trying to create an empire. The Jews were considered to be dirty blood and in the way of recreating the Aryan race, which was Nazism's primary objective.

Go read your history books.

Muslims and Jews are two disctinct and seperate problems. By not supporting Jews we are not giving a free hand to Islam.

edit on 17-1-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   
no no, citizens of Europe embrace this opportunity. We all know from history and everyday news that Jews always get what they want. So long story shirt, if Jews in Europe want to carry guns, they are going to carry guns. However there is no reason a vigilant citizenry cannot latch onto this effort and petition for a Amendment #2 of their own, so to speak.

Think about it, maybe the French can stop their cars from being fire bombed by angry youth every new years. Maybe the Brits will stop being victim to drunken yobs always giving them # in the subways or out on the streets after leaving the pubs. What can an unarmed female do to protect herself from ravenous angry yobs? Scream as loud as she can while being gang raped of course.

In america that woman will have emptied her magazine and every round will have found a new home in the heads of those perverts. Dont just do it for yourselves Europe, do it for your women.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Europe’s Leading Rabbi: Jews Must Begin Carrying Guns

I'm guessing that everyone opposed to this wants defenseless jews?

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

I don't think that's the case at all. It is more of an issue that they shouldn't be given a special status while the rest of Europe is relegated to defending themselves with butter knives. The argument being made is that the EU should open it up for everyone to be able to own and carry a pistol, not just Jews suffering from self victimization. At least that's how I'm seeing the issue and I'm fairly certain others, including the OP feel the same way.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Why do "the Jews" think they are something special here and more importantly, why they think they are under attack specifically? In the recent French attacks, of the 17 people killed, only 4 were Jewish - two of the victims were of Islamic descent and the rest (nominal) Christians. Why are the Jews asking for special treatment?

Anyway, trying to give a specific religious or ethnic group certain rights not afforded others is actually illegal under EU law.

a reply to: peter vlar

It might be surprising to you and others, but the EU has as varied set of gun laws as the US does. All over the EU, gun ownership is not banned, but the regulations differ. All have to adhere to a basic "minimum" standard under Directive 2008/51/EC which classifies weapons and lays out the regulatory framework, but in countries like Austria or the Czech Republic, CCW licenses can be obtained for a wide variety of weapons, whereas in the UK it isn't allowed at all (although one can go in "public" with a weapon for a legitimate purpose, such as hunting or pest control)

This myth from the Americans that all us poor Europeans have to "defend" ourselves with is butter knives is absurd, ignorant and totally without any merit.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I was going to ignore this absurdly ignorant poster, but hey, I can't resist it.

Tell us please, how many mosques are firebombed and burned down by "Jewish right wing fundamentalist terror cells".

While the attackers may not specifically be "Jewish", Mosques are subject to frequent attacks across the EU. Recently, a man from Liverpool was convicted of plotting to blow up several Mosques in the UK.

Can you name the last airplane highjacked by "Jewish right wing fundamentalist terrorist"?

Can you tell us the name of the halal pizzaria that "Jewish right wing fundamentalist terrorists" held people hostage?

OH Right, that was done by Muslims, my bad for expecting you not to keep giving Muslims carte blanche to carry on their little temper tantrums. Pat them on the head, give them cookies and set them in time out.

Obviously, you are aware of the long and often brutal history of Jewish extremism, with organisations such as Irgun or Lehi, for example.

One has to ask, why are you singling out Islam here, when all religions and ethnic groups have they own wacko's residing within. Me thinks you are simply a bigot.

No, I think the problem here is allowing one group of people to lift themselves above and beyond the laws of the land. There is no more a requirement for Jews to "defend themselves" than any other citizen.

Maybe if in 1935 they were allowed to defend themselves we might not have had WWII. Think about it.

The Second World War had sod all to do with protecting or exterminating the Jews. It was merely a sideshow.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Another thing that is particularly annoying (and displaying your profound ignorance) is your continued interchange between British and English. The two are not the same.

British is English, Irish, Scottish and Welsh - it is the UK and everyone who resides within.

England is one country in the UK. Singling out one nation amongst four for blame, or to describe historical actions is ignorant, misleading and, as I said above, evidence of your limited view.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 05:34 AM
link   

You may not like it, but given the statistical analysis, "Jews with guns" under the excuse of "defence" have killed far more innocent people than have ever been killed by attacks against Jews in the first place (since 1947...)

Just take any recent Gaza conflict. A few rockets land in an orange grove from Gaza, harming no-one. Israel then proceeds to launch full-scale military operations against the Palestinians leading to hundreds of deaths. In the latest conflict, the first Jews to actually die were not from the rocket attacks, but from the Israeli Army invading the Gaza strip.

But that's Israel for you - massive over-reaction every time.

So, even if the OP was being "anti-Semitic" (which he wasn't), on the balance of probabilities it seems highly likely that arming the Jewish population so they can "defend themselves" will lead to more people being killed.
edit on 17/1/15 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 05:35 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
Maybe you didn't get the context of his post, he's not against jews defending themselves. He's against ONLY jews being able to defend themselves.

He didnt' say ONLY Jews. He didn't exclude anyone. He is working for the protection of his community, but he never said that others couldn't do the same.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 05:38 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: Metallicus
Every human being has the right to self-defense, regardless of religion. I think everyone should be able to carry a firearm if that is their desire. .

I agree with this. Every law abiding citizen on the planet should have the ability to protect themselves. Period. If a Jew or a Muslim or a Christian or an Atheist or a ______ (fill in the blank) wants a gun for protection, and they are law abiding citizens, then they should be able to carry a firearm if they wish.

If this fella wants gun ownership type protection for the Jewish community ... great! The other communities should follow suit and gain self protection for themselves as well. I'm all for it.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 05:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: stumason

But that's Israel for you - massive over-reaction every time.

What do you expect Israel to do? Sit back and accept the rocket fire? When Israel hits back hard the rockets stop for quite some time.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 05:43 AM
link   
The London Jewish community has its own defence force because it is under attack from muslims mate. You read about what happens to folk walking around London in Orthodox attire? They get attacked by muslims. Usually muslim converts too. Give em what they want to defend themselves. Police forces are too PC to do anything realistic about these attacks.

a reply to: Britguy

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join