It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2014 Officially the Hottest Year on Record: Is this not of concern?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel
I would like to see it. You have a link? I don't even need weather patterns from the beginning of life until now, even from 10,000 BC would be sufficient.

Thanks in anticipation!

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

So of the 6.5 BILLION years that our planet's been around, you consider 134 years of records to be extensive and strong evidence?

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold

The hottest year according to which record?

According to this record it was hotter 2,000 years ago.
And also you will note we are in a cooling trend according to the graph.

If we look back longer we see something else that's interesting.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Yeah, right. Do people forget the new term 'polar vortex' courtesy of 2014 meteorologists?

In Canada 2014 was the coldest year since 1996. Lotsa links here

Shades of Bilderberg meetings, what is of much much greater concern to me is a carbon tax that the Premier of Ontario among many others is now proposing to impose on us, so of course there will be all kinds of articles to back the general spin. I just do not believe it. Nope, not buying it.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

It's all BS. You made our arguments for us lol. But you might want to explain why my natural gas (house) consumption has gone up 8% and my propane (shop heat) has gone up 8%? Send me some of that real global warming rather than the mythical crap. I am getting tired of -20 to -30 C temperatures. Would it help if I bought another V8 truck and maybe a twin drive 38in foot boat and just left them both idling? Or maybe instead of using Ontario Hydro I should run a 10kw diesel generator 24/7/365. Probably be cheaper lol.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

S&F

Worried, no. Keeping an eye on the situation, yes.

I'm much more worried about other things. Just this morning I read:
Ocean Life Faces Mass Extinction, Broad Study Says

It's a sizable article and includes the paragraph:

“If you cranked up the aquarium heater and dumped some acid in the water, your fish would not be very happy,” Dr. Pinsky said. “In effect, that’s what we’re doing to the oceans.”

A multi-screen article and there is one word that is conspicuous in its absence, Fukushima!

I find the scientific community to be a bit hypocritical in this regard. On one hand I see them frantically asking, "How can you not be worried about this!!!???" and on the other a continued conspiracy of silence that requires the loyal to never utter the phrase, "How can you not be worried about this!!!???"

In the first instance, I'm worried that well-meaning scientists will muck around in areas that Man doesn't understand well enough not to do much more damage than good.

In the second, I see nothing in the forseeable future that CAN be done...
Huge radiation spike detected at Fukushima plant — Multiple records set near workers trying to stop nuclear waste flowing into ocean — Cesium up 7,500% this week

and

ABC: ‘Mysterious surge’ in sick marine mammals all along California coast — Infested with parasites, extremely emaciated; “Very seriously ill… in very bad shape” — Experts: “We’re extremely concerned right now” — Deaths up 1,500% at rescue facility — ‘Number mystifies officials’

We're all just along for the ride... There's certainly nothing "I" can do other than try not to make things worse in my little corner of the world.

The science community can't seem to figure it all out, so I'm not quite so disappointed in myself that I can't.

GISS Hottest Year Claims Not Supported By The Data

As has been suspected for a few months now, GISS have announced that 2014 was the “hottest year on record”. Nowhere does their press release tell us that it only beat the previous record by a tiny, effectively unmeasurable 0.02C. Nor do they mention that the error bars are many times greater, or even tell us what they are.

edit on 1 16 2015 by CornShucker because: added dropped word

edit on 1 16 2015 by CornShucker because: added dropped word, again

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Is it not of concern that 2014 is officially the hottest year on record?

The hottest year on record you say? And just how far back do those 'records' go? 200 years? 300 years? The Earth is billions of years old and you make it sound like there is enough data to be a blip in the history of this planet.

No, I am not concerned.
edit on 2015/1/16 by Metallicus because: sp

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Seemed relatively chilly where I'm at. More like global cooling.

www.globalresearch.ca...

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Nope. Im only gonna say that extreme heat, cold, volcanos, and the like...for thousands of years...millions...is normal. No matter how extreme we think it is for a year or decade or century.

Or if caused by us. Normal. Its what the Earth does. Its how it works. No argument will change that.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
OMG, again the warmista circus trying to push theirs confabulations to the public...

Remember this prediction not long ago?

Snowfalls are now just a thing of the past

Since these kind of predictions never materialized, they changed theirs tune from "warming" to "climatic change". Now they claim hot produce cold ...

edit on 2015-1-16 by PeterMcFly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I don`t have all those fancy sattilites and other gizmos that NOAA has but I can tell you one thing for sure, the summer of 2014 was cooler than any summer I can remember in the last 10+ years.
we normally have 2-4 weeks of 100+ degree temperatures during the summer, the summer of 2014 gave us less than 7 days of 100+ degree days.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
About the warmista circus, you know the IPCC, FYI its boss, Rajendra Kumar Pachauri seem to have quite an involvment with oil business:

"He had been on the Board of Directors of the Indian Oil Corporation (Jan’ 1999 to Sep’ 2003), GAIL (India) Ltd. (Apr’ 2003 to Oct’ 2004) and National Thermal Power Corporation Ltd (Aug’ 2002 to Aug’ 2005)."

Src: R.K. Pachauri bio

Funny, a "Big Oil" budy at the helm of those against "Big Oil" ...

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
This one is also very funny:

"One of his most interesting - and possibly contentious - positions, however, is his previous directorship with and current post as "scientific advisor" to GloriOil Limited. This is a company he set up himself in late 2005 - two years after he had become chairman of the IPCC. He is described as its "founder". It was set up in Houston, Texas, to exploit patented processes developed by TERI - of which Pachauri is Director-General - known as "microbial enhanced oil recovery" (MEOR), designed to improve the production of mature oilfields. It now has annual revenues of $2.5 to 5 million"

Src: A busy man

Also: Big Oil's Secret: They Support Global Warming Policy

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
On what basis do you make that claim?
Just provide one bit of evidence, I'll be waiting a long time.
a reply to: scubagravy

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
To answer your question, no, it is not even in the top 10,000 concerns of mine.

If I could give you more stars I would

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
So the Whole Planet has "Warmed" by less than .5 of a degree C over 15 years, and people are panicking it is the end of the World?.
Do you know it has actually been cooler, in my part of the World, in the past 7 years or so?
Does that matter?
These "Experts" compare readings to 100 years ago......
Do know how they use to measure temperature 100 years ago? Under a shady tree!.
There are now sophisticated electronic measuring devices ALL around the World.....millions of them.
They now use Satellites, deep probes etc etc...to measure temperature.
At best, a 100 years ago, they probably had a few thousand measuring station around the World.
How can a logical person, even contemplate, that the measurements of 100 years ago, even remotely compare to the measurements taken now.
IT could be quite possible that ALL the devices of 100 years ago, were out of 100% accuracy by 1 or 2 degrees.
Yet they want you to believe that "We are much Hotter than 100 years ago"...even though we use much vastly different measuring devices, in a vastly different manner, than back then.
Absolute rubbish. Even 20 years ago there wasnt the millions of measuring devices there are now.
There are Too many variables to even consider .5 of 1 degree is anything other than perhaps, just our Sun having a burst of energy...
And we KNOW in the long term our Sun WILL get hotter and hotter.......so that is a certainty anyway, regardless of man.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: cuckooold
I can almost predict the responses to this thread in advance from some of the naysayers, about climate change and global warning. There will of course be those who say either the solar system is warming, or there's a warming trend, as well as those who will say climate change is natural and us humans couldn't possibly have an effect on temperatures. Others will speak of the Al Gore/Carbon Credit scam designed to extort funds away from those oh so poor oil/petroleum companies, and of course Murdoch has no vested interest in denying global warming. There will also be a few who simply make jokes without any evidence to back them up.
Is it not of concern that 2014 is officially the hottest year on record?

You have just answered all your fears as being a prediction from others. Done and dusted then?....well not really since in your predicted responses you say they should come from some of the naysayers about climate change and global warming, and not even mentioning AGW, which is still the mainstay philosophy, like it or not of the IPCC, and their er, progress reports.
You need to do a lot more digging to satisfy your concerns, of which I'm not even sure about. NOAA and NASA sharing bubblegum about a particular year, cuts no ice.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   

That surprises me, because up north we had a polar vortex winter, a cold spring, and a cool summer for the most part. When you live up in the northern part of the states and Canada, we welcome all the sun we can get.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: cleverhans

So of the 6.5 BILLION years that our planet's been around, you consider 134 years of records to be extensive and strong evidence?

That's doesn't even consider how accurate those ground records are, where they were, where they are now especially through the age of enlightenment, the industrial revolution when every one of the enlightened were doing their own thing at some stage, but hey! i'ts a record.

edit on 16-1-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Not that I think there is a lot of lying going on, so disprove me with these:

Post the chain of custody of the actual and true read temperatures starting at the sensors through final entry into the records to prove the numbers have never been changed and are thus forged.

Post the VALID sensor calibration records of every sensor used to derive those numbers along with the chain of custody documentation to prove the calibration records have not been forged.

Post the written certifications of every sensor recorder, every numbers handler along with the chain of custody for those certifications to prove they have not been forged.

Post the qualifications, certifications and design of the temperature model and the modelers along with the chain of custody documents to prove they have not been forged.

Post the site surveys of each and every sensor location to prove the readings will be in fact accurate along with the chain of custody documents to prove they have not been forged.

See. REAL SCIENCE is a lot more involved, which is why it takes a long time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join