It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to Senate Dems: ‘I’m going to play offense’

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

No thanks-Hillary would take out the bitter anger and hatred that she more than likely feels for her husband on the American people.

(politics aside-I think that she has every right to hate him for his infidelity)

Imagine how she would take it out on "the evil white males."

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Was Obama running the offense against ISIS..... you know, the JV team?
edit on bu312015-01-16T16:09:46-06:0004America/ChicagoFri, 16 Jan 2015 16:09:46 -06004u15 by butcherguy because: stupid autocorrect

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: FalcoFan

No disagreement from me...LOL.

I just can't get rid of the feeling that no matter who gets the nod from the Republican Establishment, it will be the wrong person....

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

agreed, as long as they aren`t doing anything we can be sure things won`t get any worse.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: neo96

Well, win the Presidency. Then the republicans can have it all.

Actually

Article II of the Constitution establishes the Executive Branch. Section 3 lists some of the President’s duties. One of these responsibilities is to make sure the laws are carried out: “He shall take care that the laws be faithfully executed.”

citizenbee.org...

He cannot block laws of his own volition to protect his agenda.

His job description says otherwise.

And he will "execute " any laws that he doesn't like faithfully.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
You guys should be getting ready for the big party, when the republicans elect jeb bush and keep all of obamas policys, cant wait for the next 8 years of more its obamas fault.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   

My brother in law was in Arizona last week and was stopped and searched at one of those check points. I did not think they were suppose to stop americans. He is blonde, sober and no weapons, visiting another brother. Before the Patriot Act, that could not have happened.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   

My brother in law was in Arizona last week and was stopped and searched at one of those check points. I did not think they were suppose to stop americans. He is blonde, sober and no weapons, visiting another brother. Before the Patriot Act, that could not have happened.

I don't believe one word of that.

If he was it sure as snip wasn't because of the PA.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
No need for anyone to play offense or defense.

When you just make the rules up as you go in a game, do whatever you want and call it legal.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   
" Obama to Senate Dems: ‘I’m going to play offense’ "

As a flag is thrown for a false start !!

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   

I swear to God it is true. He was upset and asked them if he looked like an illegal.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   

I swear to God it is true. He was upset and asked them if he looked like an illegal.

That doesn't have nothing to do with the PA.

That has to do with immigration.

And AZ imagine that.

That's to be expected.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Where in AZ did this happen? I drive around this state a lot and have never seen these check points unless you are talking about the BP near the border.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
Offense, eh?

This could be entertaining...

As a Jets fan this hurts. That's for another forum though. Fairly good analogy by the way.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   

edit on -06:002015Fri, 16 Jan 2015 22:51:50 -060031America/Chicago000000Fri, 16 Jan 2015 22:51:50 -0600FriAmerica/ChicagoJan by PorteurDeMort because: Why the multiple posts? Conspiracy?

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Sierra Vista. I have my own opinion of why they stopped and searched him. Washington State license plate. The man is a straight up conservative and does not partake.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Role of checkpoints[edit]
The checkpoints are described as "the third layer in the Border Patrol's three-layer strategy", following "line watch" and "roving patrol" operations near the border. According to the U.S. Government Accountability Office,[2]

"Border Patrol agents at checkpoints have legal authority that agents do not have when patrolling areas away from the border. The United States Supreme Court ruled that Border Patrol agents may stop a vehicle at fixed checkpoints for brief questioning of its occupants even if there is no reason to believe that the particular vehicle contains illegal aliens.[4] The Court further held that Border Patrol agents "have wide discretion" to refer motorists selectively to a secondary inspection area for additional brief questioning.[5] In contrast, the Supreme Court held that Border Patrol agents on roving patrol may stop a vehicle only if they have reasonable suspicion that the vehicle contains aliens who may be illegally in the United States—a higher threshold for stopping and questioning motorists than at checkpoints.[6] The constitutional threshold for searching a vehicle is the same, however, and must be supported by either consent or probable cause, whether in the context of a roving patrol or a checkpoint search.[7]"

How do they get around this then: The constitutional threshold for searching a vehicle is the same, however, and must be supported by either consent or probable cause, whether in the context of a roving patrol or a checkpoint search.[7]"

(post by Onslaught2996 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   

a reply to: thesaneone

Sierra Vista. I have my own opinion of why they stopped and searched him. Washington State license plate. The man is a straight up conservative and does not partake.

Then I bet it was BP if he was that close to the border.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   
He heard the message sent last election.
Seems his problem is now Autophobia,
or maybe even Alethophobia.
edit on 17-1-2015 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join