It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Couple Describes Triangle UFO at 20 Feet

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Researchers Cracked How to Make 'Invisibility Cloaks' the Size of a Fighter Jet

Currently the process only bends light in the red and blue spectrum, not the full light spectrum, so it's not quite “invisibility."

Sounds similar to what this Texas Couple saw

appeared to be partially transparent

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I found this element of the couple's description to be really interesting...

“’It’ was about 20 feet above us.

Its measurements were about 5-7 feet long and 3-5 feet wide and 1-3 feet in height.”

It was tiny. Like a silent, floating stealth-coffin. WTF?

edit on 16-1-2015 by Bybyots because: .

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Just to offer a possibility,
it could very well be an air balloon.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
At that size it sounds like some sort of drone TR3, and man made.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: OneManArmy
At that size it sounds like some sort of drone TR3, and man made.

I agree, near me in La Crosse, Wisconsin a video was posted and shows the same thing and in Eau CLaire, Wisconsin the same day. Later, near Fort McCoy, Wisconsin someone posted a picture from a phone and the person was refueling the craft.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

Good post! (For the folks who couldn't get to the story, just go www.mufon.org.... That "expanded" report should be on the first page, so scroll down. If not, then open their Tracking or Research pull-downs on the bar, and open a Search by state, and you should find it in November 2014.)

Here's another UFO site that is based in Texas:

lightsinthetexassky.blogspot.com...
LIGHTS IN THE TEXAS SKY
UFO reports and blog.

The triangle craft are ours, and called the TR-3B. They have "gravity-cancelling" abilities, and were developed in the last century. (Their development gobbled up NASA's budget for a replacement-shuttle. The irony is that the TR-3B is capable of atmospheric AND outer space flight, yet they are kept exclusively in the military arena. If NASA had just the "gravity-cancelling" process, we'd instantly have a more robust manned space program, since lift-off against gravity with super-expensive chemical fuel is why space flight is now so expensive.)

www.abovetopsecret.com...
A TR-3B TOPIC ON MILITARY.COM?

San Antonio AFB may even be storing a few TR-3Bs, since that base has a long history of UFO connections. During WWII, when the Army Air Corps was based there (the Air Force wasn't created until after WWII), all our pilot sightings of UFOs during WWII were sent there. (Today, all UFO reports go thru Bigelow in northern Las Vegas, which is near NTS, or Nevada Test Site, and encompasses Area 51, S-4 and Nellis AFB. May or may not be a connection to the Luxor Hotel's straight-up laser every night, and orbs spotted within that are NOT bats-feeding-on-insects.)

Just a quick viewing note: Mufon's "Hangar One" UFO program premieres tonight on H2.

www.history.co.uk...
HANGAR 1: THE UFO FILES

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bybyots

”Texas couple describes triangle UFO at 20 feet”

www.mufon.com...

Hi ATSians and Good Morning!

Good morning to you too Bybyots and thanks for sharing this account
-seems to me I do remember seeing this kind of shape/light configuration before in another UFO report but I can't for the life of me find it. ATS member Sherpa once made a mighty fine thread about UFO shapes and the object does resemble one seen in Strasburg in 1998 a bit (6th image down) but the one I'm thinking of isn't on there.

280 Drawings of unidentified flying objects investigated by MUFON-CES

originally posted by: gortex

Looking at the sketch of the object reminded me of this seen by multiple police officers in Jan 2000.

Good call mate and it does sound very similar -according to one of the police witnesses the Illinois object covered an area of 6 miles in 2 to 3 seconds (initial report states a rate of about 3600MPH) so I don't think it was a balloon.

Updated documentary

originally posted by: IngyBall

I know those big black triangles are Lockheed Martin's planes, they were the ones spotted in Stephenville Texas..

Hi IngyBall, don't know if you've seen Kandinsky's thread concerning the FAA radar information on the Stephenville case but Aerospace engineer Dr Wallace Fowler reckons the object was pulling 43 G's - that's a pretty impressive acheivement in anyone's book (even Lockheed Martin).

"The object, whatever it was, went from basically standing still to 1900 miles per hour in about 2 seconds.. I don't know of anything that's 600 feet across, that can hover, that can go 1900 miles an hour in 2 seconds then stop again.. If you do the calculations that's about 43 G's.. Within seconds you'd kill any human being."

Stephenville UFO Incident - Radar Animation and a 'New View.'

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: MKMoniker

Hi MKMoniker,

Respectfully, I have to take my cue from Zaphod58 and disagree that the TR3B exists at all.

Instead, if we must agree on the Texas couple having seen some sort of hardware at all I would lean towards it having been some relative of the proposed DoD LTA (lighter-than-air) craft discussed, for instance, in this article.

Thanks for being here,

edit on 16-1-2015 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Just a few weeks back I created a thread on a VERY similar craft! Its real, its not a blimp chinese lantern or swamp gas!

I hope OP doesn't mind, below is the op from my thread, compare them, the only difference is I didn't see the lights on the bottom of the craft.

originally posted by: VoidHawk
What is this thing in the sky?

I've seen this thing before. It was probably about a year ago in the same location. Tonight I looked out of a window and saw it again so I rushed out and managed to get this photo of it. The photo was taken on a phone with a 5mg camera.

The photo does not show what I observe with my own eyes. It's a phone camera and it seems easily confused by light sources.
The object emits a very clear Orange light (just like street lamps), but as you can see the camera sees it as a weak yellow light.

The first time I saw this thing I had a very good look at it as it doesn't fly very high and moves very slow. I've drawn a picture below showing what I saw. The picture differs from what the photo shows us and I suspect that may be because it's easily confused by light sources! We'll come to that in a little while.

The picture is very pixelated because the camera is only 5 megapixels, but as you can see, it's not showing what I see with my own eyes, I find that intriguing!

As some of you may be aware, digital cameras are sensitive to infra-red light, you can test that by pointing your tv remote at the camera and viewing it in the viewfinder. Press a button on the remote and your camera will see what you can't!

The shape of the object in the photo does not match what I can see and I'm now wondering if the camera is picking up infra-red from the object, but ignoring the orange light that I can see and that's why it appears a different shape.
Maybe an ats camera expert might have some input on this?

This object flies about like it wants to be seen! The first time I saw it, it was making a very tight circle. The way it moves indicates its very much like an airplane - slight banking as it turns etc, but its speed can be very slow, so slow that a plane would not be able to stay in the sky! And there's no noise! none at all.

This thing is VERY visible, the orange glow is on all sides. On the rear I can just make out that its segmented, its also not so bright on the rear.
Both times I have had a good view of this thing and I know its not Chinese lanterns or swamp gas! It's a craft that glows bright orange on all sides, but not on the bottom, I dont know about the top.

I don't believe its alien, and I don't think its military because I don't get why they would fly this thing so visibly, so I'm more inclined to think its some elites own personal high tech transport!?
Whatever it is, it seems to defy gravity and must have a huge power source to be able to glow so bright!

I think the orange glow must be something to do with its means of propulsion?

This was on the south coast (uk) and both times its headed west along the coastline.

Anyone else seen this thing?

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
The eyewitness reports of these things are way too consistent. I don't know what they are, but whatever they are, they do exist. Amusingly enough I had a dream last night in which one of these black triangle craft was zipping around over my neighborhood.

What purpose would a stealth blimp serve? It doesn't seem very useful to me, but I don't know.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Charizard

What purpose would a stealth blimp serve?

I'm leaning towards this...

"Both of our concepts of reality are shattered."

-"Wife"

...at least that.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Dont believe a word. No pics just some BS description!!

In my view....made up for attention

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   
The info provided is decent. Their drawing may be a better description than a crappy cell phone 1 meg photo that is always "Chinese lanterns"!
edit on 16-1-2015 by dreamingawake because: sp

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Like the saucer i saw. When they define close. It's because the craft itself is actually massive. It's Farther away but it appears to be closer.

Like for my the saucer i saw fly above a street light appeared to be 5-6 inches in diameter circular circumphrance.

But the florecent light made it very detailed.

I only saw it for a 2-4 seconds. But that was long enough to get a good look at it, as it was slowly gliding over the street lamp.

It's obviously bigger than appears IMO.

That's what i saw tho.
edit on 16-1-2015 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

It's obviously bigger than appears IMO.

Hi AnuTyr,

Thanks for sharing your story and diagram. I can understand how with it being nightime and what with the couple being in "shock" and all that they may have been prone to a perceptual problem like that, but they tracked it from when it popped up above the trees, all the way across the street in to their backyard, so I am not thinking so in this case.

I am kind of stunned at the reported size of the thing.

It's like they saw a shrunk-down version of what we have become used to hearing about in Triangle-UFO stories, but this thing was hardly bigger than a surfboard.

Really weird, right? Surfboard-sized triangle with all the lights and the shimmering skin?

Listen to the wife of the couple relay her husband's description...

My husband says he doesn’t know if ‘it’ itself was organic.

There were no smells or trails/vapors. In his opinion it had a moth-like body with wings closed upside down.

To him ‘its’ transparency was like bee wing material I guess membrane-ish. He felt excited, nervous, shocked.”

-Same Links Provided

I think that it also imporatant to note the high levels of emotion and excitement that the two experienced, that is always a very interesting facet of the UFO phenomenon.

Anyway, "bee-wing material", wow.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Yet more evidence to put into the UFOs are real part of my brain. . . . .

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Anyway, "bee-wing material", wow.

it's an interesting description

The street light didn’t illuminate ‘it.’ And ‘it’ didn’t cast a shadow. It seemed to reflect light. It kind of seemed holographic.

My husband says he doesn’t know if ‘it’ itself was organic. There were no smells or trails/vapors. In his opinion it had a moth-like body with wings closed upside down. To him ‘its’ transparency was like bee wing material I guess membrane-ish.

’It’ looked like it was made out of one sheet of metal. There were no panels, rivets, sections, windows, fumes, smell.

In my opinion ‘it’ had a predator’s cloak/transparency, not totally invisible, like you can see some of it, but it was kind of blurry like summer’s heat haze.

and the small size is interesting - possibly brings it into the realm of the amateur model maker - hopefully there will be more sightings or pics/vids

thanks for posting

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 04:22 AM
link   
I believe they saw the object, but I agree that they were confused about the size of the object.
If you are looking into the black night, the object may appear 20ft away....but it was probably 100ft or more.
You loose depth perception at night.....and it was a woman that saw it
4 x 7 feet makes a small craft, even if it was a drone.
Apparently they are manned by pilots. so it has to be at least big enough for someone to sit in it.
Why do they fly directly above people? No Idea, probably because they can, probably they are gauging the public's reactions......whether people panic etc.
I would be fairly sure they have some sort of infrared imaging on the craft, so they would be able to see individual humans and such, for a fair distance. Why not fly over them as a Govt experiment and file a report about the reaction.
Tho I reckon one day, they will fly over the wrong dudes house, and find themselves with a 303 or buckshot up their azz.
Their secret is their stealth, you really dont know they are there until you see them.
Unless you see them at a distance...and wonder why in the World they are not making a noise like an aeroplane or helicopter should.
Note even blimbs are noisey, Ive seen the Goofyear blimp quite a few times and even several 100 feet away you hear the hum and drone of the propeller engine they have on them for flight.
These Triangles are Dead silent....not a hum, murmur, ping or anything........great tech, cant wait till they release it.
edit on 17-1-2015 by gort51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I believe them and I think they described it accurately. You have to put yourself in the shoes of people who see something that is very strange. We live our whole life and will see repeated examples of planes, balloons and drones. We know what things look like in the sky in different weather and light dark conditions.

We have to accept everyone cant be misinterpreting or delusional. Even if a fraction of Ufos are what they are observed to be everyone should be paying attention and asking what is it, extraterrestrial, intedimensional or something else. I don't buy for a second that governments of the world don't track Ufos, there is ample evidence to suggest they do and some within their ranks are soberly concerned because they have no idea of what we may be dealing with.

I think Skeptics in the longer term history will be viewed as just as damaging as the Ufo nuts, they are both extremists at the opposite end of the scale but produce the same net effect, that is to divert any true world scientific investigation to get to the bottom of the Ufo mystery.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 05:09 AM
link   

I dug these two images out of the Kandy triangle folders. They look quite similar in shape and lights >>

Their account sounds plausible with they way choose certain terms and express their excitement. It must be two or three years ago now, Micha Hanks had a radio show and one of his buddies called in to describe something very similar - small, triangular and hovering silently over a highway.

These shapes have been reported for decades. The earliest English one I have is 1965, but I think they were seeing a contrail being defined by the setting sun. People have been shouting 'secret technology' since the mid-70s and I'm not convinced by that explanation. Nonetheless, as time moves on and UAV tech develops, it's becoming more and more likely that 'triangle' sightings are current, cutting edge technology and that 'secret technology' is the answer.

Of course, we can't rule out the possibility they saw a floating balloon blimp (as in recreational). Whatever it was...interesting story.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join