It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Raif Badawi: Saudi King 'refers case to Supreme Court', says blogger's wife

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

The King of Saudi Arabia is to refer the case of blogger and activist Raif Badawi's to the Supreme Court, his wife has told BBC News.

In May last year, authorities sentenced Badawi, 31, to 10 years in prison and 1,000 lashes after he used his liberal blog to criticise Saudi Arabia's powerful clerics.

www.independent.co.uk...

I can't not believe our government does nothing about this.

I can't not believe that Saudi Arabia is considered to be an 'ally' of this country.

Saudi Arabia has their heads stuck up their snips just like ISIS does, but it never gets talked about.

Saudi Arabia has basically declared war on us, creating, and backing ISIS,AQ, and every other two bit terrorist organization around the world. As well as economic warfare by trying to kill fracking.

Then our government feigns outrage at Charlie Hebdo.

Can you imagine getting 1000 lashes,10 years in prison for speaking out against Christians ?

Saudi Arabia needs to be sanctioned, and put on the state sponsors of terrorism, and human rights violations.

I wish this country had a president to stand up to the House of Saud. Like they do Iran, Well use to stand up to Iran.

It is unsettling the sheer amount of snip letting pass by.

How in 'good' conscience can we still have anything to do with the Saudi's ?

We play lip service to morality.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
How in 'good' conscience can we still have anything to do with the Saudi's ?

Want our support of Saudi Arabia to end?

Stop voting for GOP and Democrat candidates.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Easiest way is to run over the heap with tanks, put an end to Saudi house and take Salafi movement with its cockoo clerics into international court of justice for violation of human rights. As a bonus, occupy that sandpit and keep the oil wells open.

edit on 16-1-2015 by deckdel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: deckdel

Easiest way is to run over the heap with tanks, put an end to Saudi house and take Salafi movement with its cockoo clerics into international court of justice for violation of human rights. As a bonus, occupy that sandpit and keep the oil wells open.

So basically "We're gonna liberate the F*** out of you"?

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

They don't sound so liberated now

Do they?

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

They don't sound so liberated now

Do they?
I don't really think "liberating" Saudi Arabia would go very well. Look at how well that worked in Afghanistan and Iraq.

I'd rather the U.S. just cut ties entirely with backwards little country and tell them to sell their oil to someone else. Obviously the U.S. doesn't NEED saudi oil.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: deckdel

I have a different opinion that has been stated in other threads.

Go after their money. IE oil. Ban it from the international market. Like was done to African blood diamonds.

Then see if the snip continues.

That doesn't work close the embassy, kick those here on visa's out.

That doesn't work. Stop fighting ISIS, and AQ, and let their chickens come home to roost.

Stop all foreign aid going there.

Stop all military weapons sales.

There is quite a bit we can do.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

I don't really think "liberating" Saudi Arabia would go very well. Look at how well that worked in Afghanistan and Iraq

Saudi Arabia create both of those.

As the old addage goes. 'Cut off the head of a snake. The body will die'.

Saudi Arabia is the head of that snake.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
There has been quite an interest in Saudi Arabia lately. Nothing they are doing is anything new but now suddenly people start taking interest and drawing parallels between SA and ISIS.

I smell something fishy here. This is a sudden trend and trends don't happen on their own.
edit on 16-1-2015 by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

I saw this on another board am going to use this:

ISLAM HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ISLAM!™

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

I don't really think "liberating" Saudi Arabia would go very well. Look at how well that worked in Afghanistan and Iraq

Saudi Arabia create both of those.

As the old addage goes. 'Cut off the head of a snake. The body will die'.

Saudi Arabia is the head of that snake.

The United States and Russia were directly responsible for the last 40 years of Iraqi and Afghani history.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TheArrow

NO!

Saudi Arabia, and Iran been responsible for that in their 2000 years old 'Hatfield, an MCCoy' blood feud.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

a reply to: TheArrow

NO!

Saudi Arabia, and Iran been responsible for that in their 2000 years old 'Hatfield, an MCCoy' blood feud.

Nope.

Thanks for playing though.

top topics

join