It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black LIves Matter - Protesters force diversion of ambulance carrying badly injured man

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: stirling

When you or anyone that says:

The Boston contingent of Black Lives Matter said in a statement that the protest was intended "to confront white complacency in the systemic oppression of black people in Boston.

And at the same time do an action that is the opposite of this, then your cause is backwards and contrary to your mission.

In their zeal to "confront white complacency", they forget to correct their own complacency for anyone else, shows they are oblivious to anything contained in their public statement, and are quite selfish in their beliefs, all of which have no meaning whatsoever since they themselves do not listen to their own preaching, which renders the entire message totally meaningless. or rather, shows they don't even understand right from wrong in the first place. One hand out expecting to always get something, the other hand in a pocket stating no one is getting a damn thing from them. "One way street" could be the name of their institute for correcting other peoples wrongs.

I may have misconstrued your earlier reply.. I do that often.
edit on 17-1-2015 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

But a protest is about being making people aware of something.

What better way than to stop traffic..etc. It makes you aware of the fact something is wrong and you should be more ware of....than just saying "oh they are just having a hissy fit....but why should I care, because their issue is getting in the way of my life".

Maybe that's what it takes to make people care.

edit on 17-1-2015 by Onslaught2996 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Darkblade71
Protesting and civil disobedience is meant to disrupt anything and everything, that is the point, especially when voices are not being heard as loudly as they are trying to be heard.

I think with every disruption, more attention is paid to the cause.
But that is just how I see it.

More power to them, although no one should die,
because all lives matter.

But it is sad that "all lives don't matter" to these protesters.
Holding a protest, and not even smart enough to show that they believe and practice what they say, and even much worse, do something that proves to the whole world that they don't practice or believe any of it...

Simply brilliant.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

Protesting and civil disobedience is meant to disrupt anything and everything, that is the point, especially when voices are not being heard as loudly as they are trying to be heard.

I think with every disruption, more attention is paid to the cause.
But that is just how I see it.

More power to them, although no one should die,
because all lives matter.

But it is sad that "all lives don't matter" to these protesters.
Holding a protest, and not even smart enough to show that they believe and practice what they say, and even much worse, do something that proves to the whole world that they don't practice or believe any of it...

Simply brilliant.

They have worded it wrong either internationally or wrongly. If they are true to their word..all lives matter..it is just that some lives are considered less in law enforcement. Also that is not saying all law enforcement is in the wrong....but just that some injustices are being ignored.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

That's the thing though, I don't think blocking traffic is going to change any minds or sway any opinions, its just going to piss people off. Sure, in an ideal world all the drivers would exit their respective vehicles upon witnessing the protest and collectively join in the handing out of leaflets and picketing and chanting and all those things that are inherent to a protest.

Personally, I believe it makes more sense from a PR perspective to not block traffic and piss people off. You could change a lot more minds talking to people on the street and holding up signs maybe try and engage some pedestrians in a slogan chant, build solidarity. Blocking transit and alienating the public is only going to fracture the protest's public image, and that counts for a lot. Just look at how the Occupy movement was discredited, it was all down hill from the "dirty hippies s####ing in the park" shtick.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I myself have dealt with cops who have prejudged me based on race, but I have also dealt worked with great cops...and have dealt with good cops outside of work.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   

It's working....we are discussing it right now..it is being debated.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
a reply to: stirling

When you or anyone that says:

The Boston contingent of Black Lives Matter said in a statement that the protest was intended "to confront white complacency in the systemic oppression of black people in Boston.

And at the same time do an action that is the opposite of this, then your cause is backwards and contrary to your mission.

In their zeal to "confront white complacency", they forget to correct their own complacency for anyone else, shows they are oblivious to anything contained in their public statement, and are quite selfish in their beliefs, all of which have no meaning whatsoever since they themselves do not listen to their own preaching, which renders the entire message totally meaningless. or rather, shows they don't even understand right from wrong in the first place. One hand out expecting to always get something, the other hand in a pocket stating no one is getting a damn thing from them. "One way street" could be the name of their institute for correcting other peoples wrongs.

Real effective slogan and philosophy, and I see you defend this approach . Oh I get it, I see you have a lot in common with these complacency correctors after all. It all makes more sense now.

Do you really need to be told right from wrong so often? It sure seems like you do.

Silly boy....im a WhITE male heterosexual,Old age pensioner, who lives on a boat to get the hell away from this sicko society......you are all maniacal idiots most of the time.....every time I interact with the false politically correct hypocritical POS called civilisation I want to upchuck from disgust......
The protestors are only doing what they have been led to do.....however misguided their actions I applaud their efforts....
they are doing at least a little more than most armchair citizens.....
They can block anything they want as far as I am concerned.....
The phoneys who want to whine about it and act oh so morally superior for whatever reasons are the problem IMHO......
Perhaps they have jobs......big deal....that makes them eligible to crap on the rest of society?
truth be known its going to get a whole lot more violent if social equalisation doesn't take place sooner than later....its got more to do with haves and have nots than white black yellow red or brown folks....
I object to this over reaction of petty bitching about a much bigger issue....its simply done to demean and undermine the protestors efforts to make things right somehow....for everybody by the way.....

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   

But at what cost? How many of us discussing this are actually ideological supporters of this movement? I'm on the fence, personally, because that old man that was delayed full hospital treatment had nothing else on his mi d but, damn wtf just happened? I support their right to assemble without question, what I do question is their methodology.
edit on Cam1Saturday0120153031Sat, 17 Jan 2015 01:01:30 -06002015 by CagliostroTheGreat because: cannot abide a typo

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   

I think if people wanted to get others to care about them, that they should be showing they care about others.

It may be that they do, but showing it would sure help in getting people on board with "all lives matter", rather than blocking ambulances so the injured get to the hospital a bit too late.

All they did this time was to possibly make some people care even less than before for what they are hoping to achieve.

People are going to have to really start caring about everyone if this world hopes to escape a horrible future though.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Does anyone know..that a simple thing like going out for a drink with friends or coworkers is a challenge? People who don't know me say things because of preconceived notions on me.

The preconceived notion that all Native Americans are drunks or how about walking down the street late at night...the notion we are all criminals at that time.

I understand what Black Americans are going through.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Every single protest in this world has the same obstacles...should every single one address this issue?

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996

What better way than to stop traffic..etc. It makes you aware of the fact something is wrong and you should be more ware of....than just saying "oh they are just having a hissy fit....but why should I care, because their issue is getting in the way of my life".

Here's a thought....

Maybe all the people sitting in traffic actually watch the news, and saw the GJ results from the Brown case and concluded that the GJ got it right. Maybe they saw the evidence that show Brown tried to take the cop's gun, and charged him, dripping blood what? 15-20 feet as he was running towards Wilson?

Maybe they also saw the Garner video and thought the GJ got it right in that case too?

This has nothing to do with race.

It has everything to do with protesters violating the rights of people who had zero involvement in what they're protesting. Stupid.

And did you see what happened in San Diego? A black guy got out his car and almost beat one of the punk protesters because he was stopping him from going to his job.

The protester who almost got beat wrote an open letter to the press in which he said their goal was to hit the public in the "wallet."

They're turning complacency into animosity. Really stupid.

If that's the best they can do they should just quit. Regroup. Think of some better idea.
edit on 17-1-2015 by Jamie1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1

Here's a thought....

Maybe all the people sitting in traffic actually watch the news, and saw the GJ results from the Brown case and concluded that the GJ got it right. Maybe they saw the evidence that show Brown tried to take the cop's gun, and charged him, dripping blood what? 15-20 feet as he was running towards Wilson?

Maybe they also saw the Garner video and thought the GJ got it right in that case too?

This has nothing to do with race.

It has everything to do with protesters violating the rights of people who had zero involvement in what they're protesting. Stupid.

And did you see what happened in San Diego? A black guy got out his car and almost beat one of the punk protesters because he was stopping him from going to his job.

The protester who almost got beat wrote an open letter to the press in which he said their goal was to hit the public in the "wallet."

They're turning complacency into animosity. Really stupid.

If that's the best they can do they should just quit. Regroup. Think of some better idea.

You mention all that..but what about the kid who saved a cops life?

It is only about what you focus on. Your focus is on how black people are wrong.

Also you believe the cops words..without considering that it may be a lie.

Everything you talk about is considered a fan of the official story...which ATS is supposedly against.

Do you even question what happened?

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 02:11 AM
link   

If so..where are all your threads about other protests?

Protests in Ukraine

Je Suis Charlie

Explain to me...why these protest are different?, besides being in the US/

I am pretty damn sure...that the protests in France...caused the same issues..what is the difference?

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   

They were not protesting in France they were holding vigils.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Did they interfere with others lives? Can you answer that?

I am sure not everyone in France cared..where are their complaints?

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   

If so..where are all your threads about other protests?

Protests in Ukraine

Je Suis Charlie

Explain to me...why these protest are different?, besides being in the US/

I am pretty damn sure...that the protests in France...caused the same issues..what is the difference?

Vigils in France were to honor slain victims, and support their right to free speech.

"Black Lives Matter" protesters' stated intention is to disrupt the lives of fellow Americans who had ZERO to do with the events they're protesting. Their stated intention is to hit their fellow Americans in the "wallet."

France attacks were mass murders carried out over a cartoon.

Brown and Garner both resisted arrest. Both of those cases went to a GJ. The GJ saw all the evidence and found there was insufficient grounds to have a trial.

In Paris, the citizens didn't run around setting fire to businesses that had nothing to do with the crime.

In Ferguson, the night of the GJ decision, protesters burnt down their own neighborhood, attacking people that had nothing to do with the crime.

See the differences yet?

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

BUT your OP is not about Ferguson...it is another protest.

See...your focusing on two different protests. One was full of idiots looting..the other a civil protest that inconvenienced some people.

So you consider lives to be more important than others?

You are also believing the official story..did you not question it?

I will not bring up these cases..since you have made up your mind, but has every case brought before a GJ being correct?

Or do you consider certain cases correct?

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 03:09 AM
link   

a reply to: Jamie1

BUT your OP is not about Ferguson...it is another protest.

See...your focusing on two different protests. One was full of idiots looting..the other a civil protest that inconvenienced some people.

So you consider lives to be more important than others?

You are also believing the official story..did you not question it?

I will not bring up these cases..since you have made up your mind, but has every case brought before a GJ being correct?

Or do you consider certain cases correct?

Whatever I consider or don't consider about the cases, the protesters aren't changing my views.

Do you even know what the protesters want? What specific thing would have to happen for them to stop protesting?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join